VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Convertible Collectors Edition Karmann Rare Automatic! New Soft top! Needs Work

5K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  93CabbyGirl 
#1 · (Edited)
FOR SALE A ~RARE~COLLECTOR'S KARMANN EDITION~VW CABRIOLET CLASSIC!

Selling A Clean Titled Red RARE Special 93 Volkswagen Cabriolet Convertible Karmann, Collector's Edition Coupe.

Make: Volkswagen
Model: Cabriolet
Year: 1993
Trim: RARE Karmann COLLECTORS EDITION
Exterior Color: Flame Red
Interior colors: Classic Black and White with a Splash Of Red Trim

🚘FUN convertible

⛽Gas Sipper

📃Clean Title In Hand!

😍 Eye catcher!

RARE Automatic

Pics available upon request

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Cant figure out how upload photos so check out my Craigslist ad #6859350173

Hi all,
Madone thanks for coming out to help some to get it to run properly. Unfortunately, it is believed that there is an exhaust manifold to the down pipe vacuum leak which is causing the high idle.
So I have decided to see if anyone is interested in purchasing the cabby from me for a reasonable price?

Please check out my Craigslist ad #6859350173. Or type in 93 VW cabriolet collectors edition. I listed specs, posted photos and issues as well as the vin.

Thanks to all who private messaged me to offer help just think "shorty" should go to someone who can give her the attention she needs.

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! 🙆🙋🙋🙆

#5 ·
93 vw collectors edition cabriolet convertible automatic new top but needs tlc

Any takers for $3500?

#9 ·
Bump...

Check out my ad on cars.com (good til sold) and autotrader.com (good til 6/01/2019)

#11 ·
One idea.....

How would people feel if I am willing to do a part to full trade of my cabby to have some welding done?

I am looking for a professional, prefer licensed reliable mobile custom fabrication welder to repair a hairline crack in my jeep's frame as well as other custom welds on my cj7 jeep.

If you are interested in my cabby, have a welder, some skills, and some free time I will do part trade (on my end) and part cash (on your end) and part welding (on your end) if you will properly repair a hairline crack in my jeep's frame.

OR full trade!

I will trade my 93 cabby with clean/clear title for multiple custom welding projects on my jeep.

Including:repairing hairline crack, custom build better engine mounts, custom build (a better) automatic transmission floor shifter box, custom build indicator panel for my dash warning "dummy" lights, and repair cracks (weld) in metal tub body mounts. Possibly some patch holes in my firewall and floor too.

Some of which where from the PO, or due to a engine swap but the crack was from a local "auto body shop".

I can send photos, specs and more information if interested. I think it would be best to have a written contract. Let me know what you all think. Thanks.

#12 ·
I've been trying to get some loose ends tied with the little car before I sell it and seems to be going well.

I believe I was able to track down the exhaust leak which caused the high idle. It appears to be just a loose nut to the stud on the intake manifold to the engine.. Once I tightened it up, no more exhaust out the back of the engine and the idle is so far staying around 1k. Thank God and The Blessed Mother!

I also cleaned off the ground bulk housing under the dash and the grounds and power wires to the dome light.
I plan on removing the rear seat and seeing if I can get the fuel sender to register (consistently) on the gas gauge.

The little cabby, "shorty" IS still available for sale.

Asking $2500. Comes with a new softtop kit. Located in Washington State. Thanks! :laugh:

#13 ·
93 cabbby still for sale. Needs tlc

93 VW cabriolet collectors Edition convertible with automatic transmission still for sale.

Runs and drives. Needs work. I haven't had time to fix her up any more lately. Would like to find a good home for it.

Asking $2492.......

Listed on Craigslist, Autotrader, and cars.com.

Please only serious buyers need to inquire about the cabby.
No lowballers please.

#14 ·
Price dropped to $2000 comes with a NEW softtop kit!

Price dropped to $2000! Comes with a NEW softtop kit and other parts. Runs and drives but needs work.
Great long term investment, or fix and flip for more $..
Willing to trade car for a ice cream truck, cushman vanster, or motorcycle with ice cream side car.

I have ads on cars.com & autotrader.com

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.