VWVortex.com - Socal people help!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 8 of 8

    Thread: Socal people help!

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2013
      Location
      southern california
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2013 CC R-line
      04-13-2019 08:35 PM #1
      i have 13 vw cc and I was trying to DIY installing ignition coils and spark plugs however, ignition coil connector (2nd one) won't come off and the other three came off easily..

      I've tried to pull it out hundred times.. it never comes off.. anybody can help in socal?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member cwwiii's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2007
      Location
      L.A. & Chicago
      Posts
      2,960
      Vehicles
      Tornado Red Mk7.5 GTI MT
      04-13-2019 09:07 PM #2
      You need to just keep twisting it and hopefully the coil won't break
      Would ya look at that..
      .:dubnoxious:.
      flickr

    4. Member cwwiii's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2007
      Location
      L.A. & Chicago
      Posts
      2,960
      Vehicles
      Tornado Red Mk7.5 GTI MT
      04-13-2019 09:09 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by cwwiii View Post
      You need to just keep twisting it and hopefully the coil won't break
      I should also add that Renner Racing in Carson is great if you're in the LA or Long Beach area. They've worked on my CC a few times.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      Would ya look at that..
      .:dubnoxious:.
      flickr

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      Parts Unknown
      Posts
      18,495
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      04-14-2019 01:52 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by yyj3869 View Post
      i have 13 vw cc and I was trying to DIY installing ignition coils and spark plugs however, ignition coil connector (2nd one) won't come off and the other three came off easily..

      I've tried to pull it out hundred times.. it never comes off.. anybody can help in socal?
      SoCal is a pretty large area.

      Did you push in the connector into the coil so the release can actually release?

      Last edited by BsickPassat; 04-14-2019 at 01:57 AM. Reason: added video
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/Osram CBI D3S/Neuspeed P-flo

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2013
      Location
      southern california
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2013 CC R-line
      04-14-2019 11:18 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      SoCal is a pretty large area.

      Did you push in the connector into the coil so the release can actually release?

      of course, i watched and tried it but not working..

      I'm located in Orange County.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      Parts Unknown
      Posts
      18,495
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      04-14-2019 03:41 PM #6
      Did you remove the coil slightly about an inch, to give the loom some flex for the connector to be released?
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/Osram CBI D3S/Neuspeed P-flo

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2013
      Location
      southern california
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2013 CC R-line
      04-15-2019 01:26 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      Did you remove the coil slightly about an inch, to give the loom some flex for the connector to be released?
      solved!!! Thank you guys

    10. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      Parts Unknown
      Posts
      18,495
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      04-15-2019 01:50 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by yyj3869 View Post
      solved!!! Thank you guys
      Saved me a trip from driving from HB, since being out with a cold all weekend
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/Osram CBI D3S/Neuspeed P-flo

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 3
      Last Post: 02-16-2004, 06:56 PM
    2. Replies: 24
      Last Post: 08-28-2002, 12:46 PM
    3. People help!!!
      By timscalade in forum Golf IV & Jetta IV
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 01-09-2002, 09:46 AM
    4. Oil Question You SoCal People....
      By NiteQwill in forum SoCal
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 10-29-2001, 07:26 PM
    5. physics people help...
      By Ducky 2.0T in forum The Car Lounge
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 10-22-2001, 12:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •