VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

09G Output Speed Sensor

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  gstsaver13 
#1 ·
I am having shifting issues on my 09G. Mostly 3-4 very harsh shifting and downshifting.

I have changed the filter and then the fluid a few times and still have this issue when the car gets hot (not always but sometimes and only when hot).

The only code that comes up for the transmission is Output Speed Sensor.

Has anyone had this occur for them where the only error code is Output Speed Sensor...and if so is it likely the speed sensor is the issue or is that a byproduct of other issues that the codes just aren't coming up for ?

#3 · (Edited)
New problems

No longer showing Output Speed Sensor Code.... now no longer showing any codes at all.

My previous problem of 3-4 is not an issue. It shifts smoothing in those gears.

Now , after driving for about 1 hour it shifts really badly in 1-2 and worse in 2-3 . Never had a second to third issue before.

Is it likely still a valve body issue ? There was nothing in the bottom of the pan that would indicate anything else.

If anyone can shed light on this I would appreciate it...I did read everything I can find but still unsure.

Now after changing fluid again it is fine 1-2 and 3-4 but biggest issue is 2-3 and delay in reverse ...only when the vehicle has been running for a while. Still no codes coming up.

#5 ·
Cooler

Hi - thanks - it most definitely the K3 Clutch now issue. Only when it gets really hot. So it must be a bore issue.

Other than a new Valve Body likely no other solution.

However, perhaps an external transmission cooler could keep it cool enough not to have issues. Up until about 40-50 minutes of deriving city roads it shifts absolutely perfect.

Another thing I was wondering is how the standard coolers work (mine is a canister type on the top of the 09g transmission). Does anyone know if they get clogged or damaged and then don't cool as well ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.