VWVortex.com - NC Triangle Roll Call
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: NC Triangle Roll Call

1. 04-23-2019 09:28 PM #1
      Hey guys/ladies,

After a very brief search on here, it looks like there aren't any threads dedicated to bringing the triangle area enthusiasts together. So here it is...this thread is intended to bring us together, set up meets, have general chats/discussions, etc. Of course we want to keep this clean and drama free.

I'll kick things off...

My name is Darryn, I live in Raleigh and I drive an all stock (for now) 2014 CC R-Line 2.0t 6MT in Candy White.

I have seen a diesel rabbit pickup truck, a corrado, and a girl driving a mk4 r32 around. Any of you on here? Everyone else, check in and share pics!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      84 GTI, 81 caddy, 55 chevy truck, 74 Beetle, 01 mustang, 70 Corona MK2, 07 Outback, 77 Z28
      05-02-2019 10:16 AM #2
      Ill bite. Im Travis and I live in Star NC and work in Greensboro area. Im down to meet up and hope some more MK1 guys chime in. You going to Alpine VAG fair May 10-12 in Helen GA? Could get a small group together for camping

My GTI

My beetle
      Spiral Innovations 336-937-5181
      Contact me for custom metal component needs.
      I offer CNC plasma cutting, sheetmetal fabrication and general design and fabrication services.

4. 05-02-2019 08:48 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsteez79 View Post
      Ill bite. Im Travis and I live in Star NC and work in Greensboro area. Im down to meet up and hope some more MK1 guys chime in. You going to Alpine VAG fair May 10-12 in Helen GA? Could get a small group together for camping

My GTI

My beetle
      I saw that, I'm considering taking my daughter to it. She's all about the VW life now that her dad has one (she's 3).

Love the Mk1. I'm pretty sure I snapchatted a mk1 on phone dials on a car carrier one day like a year or so ago. Wasn't yours was it?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 05-02-2019 08:57 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by CC:ME View Post
      I saw that, I'm considering taking my daughter to it. She's all about the VW life now that her dad has one (she's 3).

Love the Mk1. I'm pretty sure I snapchatted a mk1 on phone dials on a car carrier one day like a year or so ago. Wasn't yours was it?

Scratch that...just found the snap. It was a red mk2 gti on phone dials

Vehicles
      84 GTI, 81 caddy, 55 chevy truck, 74 Beetle, 01 mustang, 70 Corona MK2, 07 Outback, 77 Z28
      05-03-2019 02:46 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by CC:ME View Post
      Scratch that...just found the snap. It was a red mk2 gti on phone dials

I was about to say, that car hasnt been on a trailer since I brought it home and got it running lol. Helen is a super nice area and there were tons of german cars of all types there the last time I went. Hopefully theres more aircooled stuff this year.
      I offer CNC plasma cutting, sheetmetal fabrication and general design and fabrication services.

8. 05-05-2019 05:10 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsteez79 View Post
      I was about to say, that car hasnt been on a trailer since I brought it home and got it running lol. Helen is a super nice area and there were tons of german cars of all types there the last time I went. Hopefully theres more aircooled stuff this year.
      I am so intrigued by aircooled vw's...I hope to buy and restore one someday! As far as Helen is concerned, I am hoping to pull that trip off this weekend. Fingers crossed

Vehicles
      '84 GTI 16v, '89 Supra Turbo, '84 Volvo 242 Turbo, '66 Volvo 122S, '95 Mazda Miata
      05-06-2019 04:25 PM #7
      I'm out here as well. There are lots of folks in the area I've met from parts swaps, shows, etc. Hopefully mine will be functional soon.

10. n00b
      Vehicles
      2014 Jetta TDI
      05-07-2019 09:36 PM #8
      This is kind of my first post on the Vortex. My name is Allen.
      I say kind of because I was on maybe 8-10 years ago(and I forgot all my credentials for the site so I just created a new account) when i owned an '01 Passat wagon. I lived in Fayettville then. I'm back in Raleigh now.

We just purchased a 2014 Jetta TDI on Saturday(I say we but I mean my wife...lol.).

I'm down to hang out, grab a beer, talk sh*t, whatever.

I'll post pics of the car as soon as I can have time when the lighting is good.

11. 05-10-2019 01:09 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by stick70 View Post
      I'm out here as well. There are lots of folks in the area I've met from parts swaps, shows, etc. Hopefully mine will be functional soon.

By out here do you mean the Greensboro area?

12. 05-10-2019 01:11 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Al_the_Butcher View Post
      I say kind of because I was on maybe 8-10 years ago(and I forgot all my credentials for the site so I just created a new account) when i owned an '01 Passat wagon. I lived in Fayettville then. I'm back in Raleigh now.

We just purchased a 2014 Jetta TDI on Saturday(I say we but I mean my wife...lol.).

Same here man, I was on here around that same time period just in a different region (New England) lord knows my login info...not me lol

I was looking for TDI wagons with the 6mt before landing on the CC! Maybe if there's enough interest, we can get a monthly meet started or something.

13. 05-10-2019 01:17 PM #11

Same here man, I was on here around that same time period just in a different region (New England) lord knows my login info...not me lol

I was looking for TDI wagons with the 6mt before landing on the CC! Maybe if there's enough interest, we can get a monthly meet started or something.

14. n00b
      Vehicles
      2014 Jetta TDI
      05-14-2019 08:12 PM #12
      My wife and I had been talking about getting a TDI for years but the timing was never right. We weren't really looking for this particular car, just a car in general. We looked at a few cars we didn't like and were waiting for the keys to another car when we saw the TDI on the website The salesperson spent 30 minutes looking for the keys and found out it was auction fresh. It had a bad battery so it was sitting in the service lane. Somebody at the dealer had jumped the gun and put it up on the website before it was ready to be sold. They jumped it, we drove it, we bought it. It was a Saturday evening and the service department had closed so we had to wait until Monday to take delivery.

Vehicles
      05-15-2019 09:30 AM #13
      VW show at farmington dragway(fast times at farmington) this sunday in mocksville. There will be drag racing of vw's happening as well as a swap meet. I will be there sat/sun with my beetle. It should be a good time.

16. 05-20-2019 07:12 PM #14
      My wife and I had been talking about getting a TDI for years but the timing was never right. We weren't really looking for this particular car, just a car in general. We looked at a few cars we didn't like and were waiting for the keys to another car when we saw the TDI on the website The salesperson spent 30 minutes looking for the keys and found out it was auction fresh. It had a bad battery so it was sitting in the service lane. Somebody at the dealer had jumped the gun and put it up on the website before it was ready to be sold. They jumped it, we drove it, we bought it. It was a Saturday evening and the service department had closed so we had to wait until Monday to take delivery.
      You caught it at the perfect time!