VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

May 4th group drive Mill Valley to Novato via Highway 1

869 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  leo@r32.co 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I've created a new Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayAreaGroupDrives/

I've organized our first group drive this coming Saturday May 4th.

Meeting point is Cafe del Soul in Mill Valley starting at 9:00am
247 Shoreline Hwy, Mill Valley, CA 94941

Departure time is 9:30am so that we can get to Hop Monk Tavern when they open and have something to eat

Route to be driven https://goo.gl/maps/2e9tGEoLu97KCcCu5

Eventuanlly my goal is to have two group drives a month. A short one that's no more than half a day, a long one that's a full day and shooting for a weekend overnight drive once a quarter or so.

WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
1. In consideration for participating in an event organized in the Facebook group "San Francisco Bay Area Group Drive". I hereby RELEASE,
WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the organizer of the event their officers, servants, agents,
and employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of
action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or
to any property belonging to me, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise, while
participating in such activity, or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted or in
transportation to and from said premises.
2. To the best of my knowledge, I can fully participate in this activity. I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected
with the activity, including but not limited to the risks as noted herein, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said
activity, and to enter the above -named premises and engage in such activity knowing that the activity may be hazardous to
me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR
PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a
result of being engaged in such an activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
3. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or
costs, including court costs and attorney’s fees, that may incur due to my participation in said activity, WHETHER CAUSED
BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
4. It is my express intent that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and
spouse (if any), if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am not alive, shall be deemed as a
RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that
this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of
California
5. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE RELEASEES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MEDICAL COSTS ASSOCIATED
WITH AN INJURY I MAY SUSTAIN.
6. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE I CAUSE TO THE FACILITIES.
BY REGISTERING FOR THE EVENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing
Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and
deed; no oral representations, statements or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have
been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute
this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I try to post here as often as I can.

Honestly on Facebook more as its easier to get the word out about things.

I created a facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayAreaGroupDrives

Don't have a website at this time.

As other groups I am in didn't have any real organization for group drives anymore. My goal is to have two drives a month, one short (2 to 4 hours) and one long (6 to 12 hours) with a weekend/overnight once a quarter.

If there are enough people in attendence and open to paying per head, I'd also like to have a catered lunch along the route.

I live in San Francisco so events will most likely start not far from me.

#6 ·
Oh ok. I haven't been on social media for years. That would be cool if you can post on here. I definitely would like to take one of your drives. I have been through Pt. Reyes, Muir Woods, Mt. Tam....etc. Really good scenery and roads. I do photography for fun so I've been to those areas before.

#8 ·
Sounds like a lovely drive. I don't have a FB either but would love to know about these drives. I'll IM you to get your number or maybe we can connect on IG. Cheers for keeping these drives around! Looking forward to meeting new faces!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.