Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Auto hold

Vehicles
      2019 Tiguan SEL Premium R-line
      05-06-2019 08:10 PM #1
      Would anyone know if the Tiggy could be programmed to run with this switch installed???

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Elec...816c2e0eX0kHbZ
      2019 Tiguan SEL Premium R line

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Tiguan SEL-P
      05-07-2019 08:18 AM #2
      This is one feature my previous car had that I really liked. It was nice to give your leg a rest at a long light. It didn't have any console switch. To enable it, all you had to do was, with your foot already on the brake pedal, just press harder on the brake. Then you could remove your foot and the brakes would hold it until you touched the accelerator pedal. Another nice feature it had was the car would not tend creep forward (or roll backwards) on a hill over a certain incline but would hold itself steady without needing to press on the brake pedal. I wish the Tiguan had these features.

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI UG DSG & 2019 SEL R Black Edition Tiggy
      05-07-2019 09:15 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by noka648 View Post
      This is one feature my previous car had that I really liked. It was nice to give your leg a rest at a long light. It didn't have any console switch. To enable it, all you had to do was, with your foot already on the brake pedal, just press harder on the brake. Then you could remove your foot and the brakes would hold it until you touched the accelerator pedal. Another nice feature it had was the car would not tend creep forward (or roll backwards) on a hill over a certain incline but would hold itself steady without needing to press on the brake pedal. I wish the Tiguan had these features.
      From what I have heard in the manual if you have a car equipped with the "offraod" driving mode hill start is enabled by default. That said it has the feature, now to just figure out how to enable it for all driving modes with VCDS All things circle back to coding!
      MODS: 35% cermic / PIAA XSW Fogs / 194r footwells / EuroSwitch / GTI delete rear /
      Carbonio Stage 1&2 / R LED / LED Plate / Clear Sides / O.Z. Ultraleggera / DriverGear Springs / APR TBE
      ECU Codes:APR Stage 2 / Disable DRL / Gauge Sweep / Convenience windows / Fogs while highbeam

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Tiguan SEL-P
      05-07-2019 10:19 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by WOTFTW View Post
      ...All things circle back to coding!
      Agreed, only that I prefer VW to do the coding, since I prefer not to tinker with it.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      VW Tiguan SEL-P 2018
      05-11-2019 01:51 PM #5
      You need add 2 wires from Auto Hold button to ABS module.

8. 05-11-2019 06:48 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by WOTFTW View Post
      From what I have heard in the manual if you have a car equipped with the "offraod" driving mode hill start is enabled by default. That said it has the feature, now to just figure out how to enable it for all driving modes with VCDS All things circle back to coding!
      Yes, but it requires a significant hill to engage it.

If you have ACC in your car, when stopped at a traffic light, simply press the Set or Resume buttons for cruise control. ACC wil maintain brake pressure to keep still then simple press the accelerator to start moving.

9. 06-11-2019 07:15 PM #7
      I have a 2018 Tiguan SEL-P R-Rline. Replaced the parking brake switch for the one with auto-hold. Confirmed with erWin wiring diagrams that all pins are appropriately populated at the EPB switch connector (with pin 9 the only empty pin). Went into VCDS entered appropriate security code (24990) and then went into adaptations and enabled the only 2 lines related to auto hold, however it still doesn't work.

not sure what else i am missing ... anyone have any suggestions on how to get the Auto-Hold functionality working?

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 Tiguan SEL-P Pure White.
      06-12-2019 11:40 PM #8
      Hopefully someone figures this out. Would love to add this. Had it on my cc and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2019 Tiguan SEL Premium R-line
      06-13-2019 12:26 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by moveingfaster View Post
      Hopefully someone figures this out. Would love to add this. Had it on my cc and loved it.

I seen on a few forums that you have to add 2 wires that go to the ABS module. Now I'm not too sure if its true or not, it's just what I read.

Sent from the mobile. Don't text and drive.
      2019 Tiguan SEL Premium R line

12. 06-13-2019 05:42 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Triple6 View Post
      I seen on a few forums that you have to add 2 wires that go to the ABS module. Now I'm not too sure if its true or not, it's just what I read.

Sent from the mobile. Don't text and drive.
      For some this may be true. I have a SEL-P. All wiring required as per Volkswagen's wiring diagrams for the switch is present. I have confirmed this by checking the wiring connectors at EPB ECU & the switch connector.

The wiring diagram is below. The two wires you speak of are to pins 11 and 12 of the EPB switch, and in my case are already present.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 Tiguan SEL-P Pure White.
      Yesterday 09:00 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by pillpusher84 View Post
      For some this may be true. I have a SEL-P. All wiring required as per Volkswagen's wiring diagrams for the switch is present. I have confirmed this by checking the wiring connectors at EPB ECU & the switch connector.

The wiring diagram is below. The two wires you speak of are to pins 11 and 12 of the EPB switch, and in my case are already present.

Keep us posted if you figure this out. I also have a SEL Premium but don’t have the auto hold button to try and figure it out on my own.