VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

JB4 Harness Hit Radiator Fan

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FLcruising 
#1 · (Edited)
Today I had my JB4 Harness hit my radiator fan which resulted in a few minor hits to insulation and the outer mesh, but 2 major hits as well that actually cut nearly all the way through (as shown in pictures: https://imgur.com/a/EkEhVEP). The bottom picture is Plug B, near where where they all meet in the middle of the harness, while the top picture with the red background is Plug D quite far down toward the plug end.

Are these fixable if I have an actual electrician cut and solder the wires and wrap it properly, or is it not even worth trying to fix (will this type of wire still work properly after solder).

As of right now the harness isn't in working condition due to one of the 2 effected areas, because it threw a code and made the CEL turn on and made the car run weird.

I have also emailed George at BMS, but I wanted a few extra opinions so I possibly won't have to buy a whole new harness which is around 85% of what the entire JB costs.....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Montana

EDIT: I'm not an electrician nor a mechanic, so sorry if my question may sound stupid.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.