VWVortex.com - Fixing a Front Damaged 7.5 R
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixing a Front Damaged 7.5 R

1. 05-12-2019 12:34 PM #1
      Hello! So I got back in my car for the first time in probably 2 weeks since I got hit. I’m blistered with vehicle status messages and I wanna know best ways to take care of them upon fixing the damage which are airbags, a headlight although the one that didn’t get broken is not turning on. A hood, bumper, fenders, and all necessary components between.

The messages are Error: Tire Pressure Monitoring System
      Error: Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
      Error: Park Pilot (I do need new sensors)
      Fault: Vehicle Lighting (of course from the broken headlight(s)
      Please check Right daytime running light/parking light (the light that got hit)
      Error: Electronic Stabilization Control (ESC)
      Error: Hill Start Assist
      Front Assist Not Available

And my Auto Hold is not available.

Now if you know the best ways to take care of these things when I replace everything needed I’d really appreciate it.

The damage is on the front bumper right passenger side but some has escalated towards the rest of the front by the left side, affecting the left headlight but not breaking it. More to find out as i take it apart.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 05-12-2019 12:40 PM #2
      I don't understand, do you not have insurance?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf R
      05-12-2019 03:10 PM #3
      Your first thread was locked. What makes you think a new one will be any better?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Internet Lighting Police cb1111's Avatar
      05-12-2019 05:03 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by R.esurrection7.5 View Post
      Hello! So I got back in my car for the first time in probably 2 weeks since I got hit. Iím blistered with vehicle status messages and I wanna know best ways to take care of them upon fixing the damage which are airbags, a headlight although the one that didnít get broken is not turning on. A hood, bumper, fenders, and all necessary components between.

Now if you know the best ways to take care of these things when I replace everything needed Iíd really appreciate it.

The damage is on the front bumper right passenger side but some has escalated towards the rest of the front by the left side, affecting the left headlight but not breaking it. More to find out as i take it apart.
      Simple. Have the car towed to a junkyard. Get $200 for scrap metal.

Give that $200 to mommy and daddy so that they can buy you a new R. Repeat the process in a half year or so.

Vehicles
      2016 LSG R 6MT/DCC/NAV
      05-12-2019 05:59 PM #5
      Hello! So I got back in my car for the first time in probably 2 weeks since I got hit. Iím blistered with vehicle status messages and I wanna know best ways to take care of them upon fixing the damage which are airbags, a headlight although the one that didnít get broken is not turning on. A hood, bumper, fenders, and all necessary components between.

Now if you know the best ways to take care of these things when I replace everything needed Iíd really appreciate it.

did the airbags deploy??

8. Internet Lighting Police cb1111's Avatar
      05-12-2019 06:25 PM #6

Quote Originally Posted by lcubed View Post
      did the airbags deploy??
      Sounds like at least one airbag deployed. But since he said that he needs " A hood, bumper, fenders, and all necessary components between" then I guess he needs an engine and wheels, axles, radiator, radiator support, subframe - basically a whole new car.

9. 05-12-2019 09:07 PM #7
      Wow I’m dealing with professors here. LOL, please remove yourselves from my thread. My age isn’t your concern nor is my insurance, I think you should be focusing on your own cars if you got no knowledge to share and just come here to let me know the obvious. “ OH, HES 19! hahaha “ yeah and I got a New Golf R . So there’s that . But it’s in pieces so that’s that . Anyways , moving on . The engine , radiator , axles and etc did not get touched . Was not a high speed crash . Mainly cosmetic and ima need the right side DSG cooler . Any other questions ? Can we be grown ups ? Your high school bullying days or being bullied days are over fella’s . Let’s not be a cesspool of morons fighting with each other out of nowhere . Agreed ? If you don’t like me because Of the car I drive (you got a 1” in your Pants or what?) or if you don’t have anything to offer , please do not reply to my thread and please do continue on your very merry way .

10. 05-12-2019 09:10 PM #8
      Great reply....

Thread lock in 3....2....1

11. 05-12-2019 09:10 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
      Hello! So I got back in my car for the first time in probably 2 weeks since I got hit. I’m blistered with vehicle status messages and I wanna know best ways to take care of them upon fixing the damage which are airbags, a headlight although the one that didn’t get broken is not turning on. A hood, bumper, fenders, and all necessary components between.

Now if you know the best ways to take care of these things when I replace everything needed I’d really appreciate it.

Simple. Have the car towed to a junkyard. Get $200 for scrap metal.

Give that $200 to mommy and daddy so that they can buy you a new R. Repeat the process in a half year or so.
      Oh sure if it was that easy and cars were disposable like that and everyone pissed ginger beer and the sun was always shining . Lmfao . My parents got nothing to do with my financial purchases , I’m 19 years old which if you did not know , is legally a Grown Man , generally not mentally or with experience but I’m not like these other kiddo’s .

12. 05-12-2019 09:10 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by zerocal View Post
      Great reply....

Thread lock in 3....2....1
      Lol If you think so

13. 05-12-2019 09:12 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by idriveastick View Post
      Your first thread was locked. What makes you think a new one will be any better?
      Probably the amount of extreme know it alls , Nosy people and negative Nancy’s dwindled by now ? You think ?

14. 05-13-2019 12:40 AM #12
      I still don't understand why this isn't an insurance claim. I'm not flaming you, maybe you have a good reason, I just don't know.

Edit: Just read the previous thread.

We all did dumb crap at as teenagers. The difference here is that you have a ton of people giving you a heads up, and you don't want to listen. Like someone else pointed out, many of us (including myself, now that i think about it, wow) have been driving and dealing with cars longer than you've been on this planet.

Secondly, you are likely exposing yourself to some legal liability that you're probably not considering, especially since this thread is publicly accessable, and associated with your IP and email.

I'll say this, you're acting shady as hell. You could choose to be straight about the situation, which might get you some better advice, but otherwise you won't find many people here interested in helping you in the future.

YOU cannot fix your car. Hell, most people here couldn't fix it, and it's not necessarily for lack of mechanical knowhow. Replacing a headlight or fender isn't rocket science, but fixing a car that has been in a wreck like what you described ABSOLUTELY requires a professional to do the evaluation and repair.

Continuing to insist that you can and should do it yourself only demonstrates your willful ignorance. You are not going to find the outcome you are looking for, and I can promise you that this is going to continue to be a very hard lesson for you so long as you avoid facing the facts.

Last edited by McJaggleToes; 05-13-2019 at 01:33 AM.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 LB MK7R
      05-13-2019 08:32 AM #13
      Do you have a list of what you need to fix?
      Did you price out the parts?
      Did you ask your parents for a forward on your allowance?
      How is the GoFundMe going?
      Did you factor in that you don't know what you are doing and add 5k (minimum) to the parts list?
      Did you go back to your parents and ask them for more money?
      Did you start a second GoFundMe to make up the portion that they wouldn't fulfill?

In all the threads that you created you gave very little detail about what is going on here, and you are surprised that you are catching flak for being some dumb kid that thinks the internet has all the answers for him? (including the money aspect apparently). Well I won't be like everyone else, I think you can do this. You can't do it by yourself, financially or otherwise, but you can do it. If I were you I would make a parts list and start pricing everything out.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf R
      05-13-2019 08:53 AM #14
      Wow Iím dealing with professors here. LOL, please remove yourselves from my thread. My age isnít your concern nor is my insurance, I think you should be focusing on your own cars if you got no knowledge to share and just come here to let me know the obvious. ď OH, HES 19! hahaha ď yeah and I got a New Golf R . So thereís that . But itís in pieces so thatís that . Anyways , moving on . The engine , radiator , axles and etc did not get touched . Was not a high speed crash . Mainly cosmetic and ima need the right side DSG cooler . Any other questions ?
      Ok, moving on, right? Oh wait...back to the insults to the people you're asking for help from:

Can we be grown ups ?
      We can. It seems you can't.

Your high school bullying days or being bullied days are over fellaís . Letís not be a cesspool of morons fighting with each other out of nowhere . Agreed ? If you donít like me because Of the car I drive
      Uhhh, idiot, we all drive very similar cars. Do we all hate each other?

(you got a 1Ē in your Pants or what?) or if you donít have anything to offer , please do not reply to my thread and please do continue on your very merry way .
      LOL so dick size matters, but your age doesn't? I don't think age nor dick size matter here. What matters is IQ size. Yours is apparently very small. Sorry bud. Providing you validation, or what you want to hear, isn't what people do. You're asking for help, but are unwilling to accept the reality of the situation. There's a reason that there are folks who specialize in adjusting (insurance guys) and professionals who repair vehicles. You aren't either of those.

Do you see how you're presenting yourself and the situation? If you think you can get away with fixing your car, and then passing it off as a good repair, you're missing some marbles. And, if you think you can just get away with being sly about the insurance situation (BECAUSE LETTING INSURANCE HANDLE THIS, SO PROS ANALYZE AND FIX IT, IS THE WAY TO GO), you're just insulting our collective intelligence. If you need to post on a forum, asking random internet strangers for advice, you aren't capable of fixing this car by yourself. If you were, you wouldn't be here asking for guidance.
      Last edited by idriveastick; 05-13-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Vehicles
      '18 Golf R; '16 X5
      05-13-2019 09:00 AM #15

With the limited information you have provided, there is really no way to know which of these codes relate to damaged hardware and which codes are just ancillary. Once you fix the physical damage, then you can start to parse out where the codes are coming from and why. I suspect you are going to require an OEM scan tool to reset some of the issues you are seeing after a collision.

18. Internet Lighting Police cb1111's Avatar
      05-13-2019 10:02 AM #16
      The OP is a troll. Don't feed the troll.

Nobody can be that stupid.

This must be a troll. If he was in an accident with another car - and it was his fault - then how did the other get repaired? If it wasn't his fault then the other guy's insurance would be paying.
      Last edited by cb1111; 05-13-2019 at 10:10 AM.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 Golf R DSG Lapiz Blue, E36 M3/4/5, 2002 4Runner
      05-13-2019 10:17 AM #17
      My guess is that the OP was engaged in an activity that caused his insurance to deny his claim for the accident damage. Either that or he's trying to avoid a mark on the title. Nothing else makes sense.

Knowing the complexities of these modern cars, I wouldn't try to repair this level of damage unless it was my absolute last resort.

20. 05-13-2019 10:41 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by McJaggleToes View Post
      I still don't understand why this isn't an insurance claim. I'm not flaming you, maybe you have a good reason, I just don't know.

Edit: Just read the previous thread.

We all did dumb crap at as teenagers. The difference here is that you have a ton of people giving you a heads up, and you don't want to listen. Like someone else pointed out, many of us (including myself, now that i think about it, wow) have been driving and dealing with cars longer than you've been on this planet.

Secondly, you are likely exposing yourself to some legal liability that you're probably not considering, especially since this thread is publicly accessable, and associated with your IP and email.

I'll say this, you're acting shady as hell. You could choose to be straight about the situation, which might get you some better advice, but otherwise you won't find many people here interested in helping you in the future.

YOU cannot fix your car. Hell, most people here couldn't fix it, and it's not necessarily for lack of mechanical knowhow. Replacing a headlight or fender isn't rocket science, but fixing a car that has been in a wreck like what you described ABSOLUTELY requires a professional to do the evaluation and repair.

Continuing to insist that you can and should do it yourself only demonstrates your willful ignorance. You are not going to find the outcome you are looking for, and I can promise you that this is going to continue to be a very hard lesson for you so long as you avoid facing the facts.

Lol 0 legal liability , I’m telling you . I just wanna get a DIY going on for the sake of experience and seek expert advice / mechanics when needed . But anyone can put back a radiator , new bumper , etc . If I get into something hard I’m not gonna half ass it . The car is gonna be 100% no matter what I pay or do or who I go to

21. 05-13-2019 10:43 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by RightYouAreKen View Post
      My guess is that the OP was engaged in an activity that caused his insurance to deny his claim for the accident damage. Either that or he's trying to avoid a mark on the title. Nothing else makes sense.

Knowing the complexities of these modern cars, I wouldn't try to repair this level of damage unless it was my absolute last resort.
      Lol . Let’s not get into the details , but no , nothing has anything to do with being irresponsible . But yes , it’s sorta a last resort , I don’t wanna get F***ed by a body shop on repairs I can do . If I have to do anything for the sake of safety then I will , otherwise , body work . some electrical , testing , calibration . I’ll tell you it’s the LEAST damaged 7.5 R crash there is .

22. 05-13-2019 10:44 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
      The OP is a troll. Don't feed the troll.

Nobody can be that stupid.

This must be a troll. If he was in an accident with another car - and it was his fault - then how did the other get repaired? If it wasn't his fault then the other guy's insurance would be paying.
      i haven’t spoke to this other persons insurance yet . Lol . They might fully reimburse me , so please don’t try and sort my chickens for me . Or tell the world how crazy I am lol . Because you don’t know 1/10th of the story .

23. 05-13-2019 10:48 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Rulty View Post
      Do you have a list of what you need to fix?
      Did you price out the parts?
      Did you ask your parents for a forward on your allowance?
      How is the GoFundMe going?
      Did you factor in that you don't know what you are doing and add 5k (minimum) to the parts list?
      Did you go back to your parents and ask them for more money?
      Did you start a second GoFundMe to make up the portion that they wouldn't fulfill?

In all the threads that you created you gave very little detail about what is going on here, and you are surprised that you are catching flak for being some dumb kid that thinks the internet has all the answers for him? (including the money aspect apparently). Well I won't be like everyone else, I think you can do this. You can't do it by yourself, financially or otherwise, but you can do it. If I were you I would make a parts list and start pricing everything out.
      Lol I got it handled on if I can do it , there’s not a question on that . I got a parts list , i got prices . My parents got nothing to do with it , but my father who is experienced in mechanics will be supervising some of the repair .

24. 05-13-2019 10:50 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by fowtj View Post

With the limited information you have provided, there is really no way to know which of these codes relate to damaged hardware and which codes are just ancillary. Once you fix the physical damage, then you can start to parse out where the codes are coming from and why. I suspect you are going to require an OEM scan tool to reset some of the issues you are seeing after a collision.
      And VCDS . Lol I haven’t tore into much of the damage yet . But it’s 90% cosmetic .

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 Oryx White Golf R DSG
      05-13-2019 10:57 AM #23
      Lol . Letís not get into the details
      Actually, let's do exactly that.

you donít know 1/10th of the story .
      Because you haven't told us the story and keep acting all weird and secretive about it.

I think it's very likely that everyone (or at least most) will be more understanding and helpful if you would just come clean and spill the actual details on the situation instead of avoiding their questions about what happened and why you're doing this.

Lay it out there. Make us understand.

26. 05-13-2019 10:57 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by idriveastick View Post
      Wow I’m dealing with professors here. LOL, please remove yourselves from my thread. My age isn’t your concern nor is my insurance, I think you should be focusing on your own cars if you got no knowledge to share and just come here to let me know the obvious. “ OH, HES 19! hahaha “ yeah and I got a New Golf R . So there’s that . But it’s in pieces so that’s that . Anyways , moving on . The engine , radiator , axles and etc did not get touched . Was not a high speed crash . Mainly cosmetic and ima need the right side DSG cooler . Any other questions ?
      Ok, moving on, right? Oh wait...back to the insults to the people you're asking for help from:

Can we be grown ups ?
      We can. It seems you can't.

Your high school bullying days or being bullied days are over fella’s . Let’s not be a cesspool of morons fighting with each other out of nowhere . Agreed ? If you don’t like me because Of the car I drive
      Uhhh, idiot, we all drive very similar cars. Do we all hate each other?

(you got a 1” in your Pants or what?) or if you don’t have anything to offer , please do not reply to my thread and please do continue on your very merry way .
      LOL so dick size matters, but your age doesn't? I don't think age nor dick size matter here. What matters is IQ size. Yours is apparently very small. Sorry bud. Providing you validation, or what you want to hear, isn't what people do. You're asking for help, but are unwilling to accept the reality of the situation. There's a reason that there are folks who specialize in adjusting (insurance guys) and professionals who repair vehicles. You aren't either of those.

Do you see how you're presenting yourself and the situation? If you think you can get away with fixing your car, and then passing it off as a good repair, you're missing some marbles. And, if you think you can just get away with being sly about the insurance situation (BECAUSE LETTING INSURANCE HANDLE THIS, SO PROS ANALYZE AND FIX IT, IS THE WAY TO GO), you're just insulting our collective intelligence. If you need to post on a forum, asking random internet strangers for advice, you aren't capable of fixing this car by yourself. If you were, you wouldn't be here asking for guidance.
      Lol you remind me of Deadpool , Let that sink in . Lol and I’m not being sly I’m just not telling you or anyone else my PERSONAL and Possibly still legally active situation so I’m not offering any comment whatsoever on that . 😌 oh and I’m here for second opinions , some comments , some before hand comments if people have went the DIY route for SIMPLE BODY WORK , lol the frame is untouched guys . So there’s nooooooo safety thing I’m missing . It’s body work , I gotta go to a professional to put on body work ? Y’all must be thinking everything is impossible .

27. 05-13-2019 11:03 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Mother. View Post
      Lol . Let’s not get into the details
      Actually, let's do exactly that.

you don’t know 1/10th of the story .
      Because you haven't told us the story and keep acting all weird and secretive about it.

I think it's very likely that everyone (or at least most) will be more understanding and helpful if you would just come clean and spill the actual details on the situation instead of avoiding their questions about what happened and why you're doing this.

Lay it out there. Make us understand.
      “Reach Me, Make me your brother..”
      -Mr. Burns (The Simpson’s Movie)

Lol Well for the record got hit at an intersection going left 5 miles an hour as the light turned red . It’s totally her fault and she’s an older woman . but people can say I was not paying full attention , fault is being determined , I haven’t fully completed the nonsense involved , but the right situation would be to get a check at the end of it and not be affected whatsoever . But there’s technicalities involved and I’m not waiting months and months to get my car back up . I need my ride .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast