VWVortex.com - I Joined the EV Whackos & Bought a 2016 Fiat 500e!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 62

    Thread: I Joined the EV Whackos & Bought a 2016 Fiat 500e!

    1. Member G0to60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 2003
      Location
      Milwaukie, OR
      Posts
      6,957
      Vehicles
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU
      05-13-2019 12:26 PM #26
      Congrats on the new to you car! I've said this in other threads but I leased a 2015 500e and loved it. It is, I think, the best small EV out there right now and it's very cheap to get into a used one. I wasn't able to make a deal to buy back mine when I turned it in but I'll be getting into another one soon enough.

      One thing you should be aware of is enjoy the ~100 mile range while you can. Once the temperature drops to below 50F the range starts to drop considerably. The worst for me was when it was about 45F and raining hard here in Portland. The combination of the heater, water on the road (drag), freeway driving, and the cold temperature got me a range of ~65 miles that day. Granted this was a unique set of circumstances but it can happen. Pre-conditioning will help a little when it gets really cold out and I normally saw ~70-75 miles on the regular cold days.

      Here's a pic of the day we turned it back into the dealership. Sad day.

      Good bye Fiat by Wayne Larson, on Flickr

      Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon View Post
      The low cost is especially cheap to other markets, which is why significant numbers are being exported and you can find photos of these cars “California 500” all over Europe. I talked to the owner of a car lot here in the Bay Area and he has a tidy business going of exporting 500e abroad.
      Yeah, I'm pretty sure that my 500e ended up on a boat to Europe. They seem to be very popular over there.
      Last edited by G0to60; 05-13-2019 at 01:12 PM.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Senior Member Wimbledon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2005
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      21,862
      05-13-2019 01:38 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
      Here's a pic of the day we turned it back into the dealership. Sad day.
      I really like that blue and orange color scheme. I rarely see 500e in that color combination.

      I'll add a photo of mine to the thread. Love this car.

      2018 Fiat 500e eSport
      2008 Audi TT Coupe 3.2 VR6 Quattro 6MT
      2006 Lotus Exige NA

    4. Member Dawg Dee-Lux's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2004
      Location
      Sarpsborg, Norway
      Posts
      10,133
      Vehicles
      '19 Tesla Model 3P, '15 BMW i3 BEV, '01 Lotus Elise S2
      05-13-2019 02:37 PM #28
      This is all going according to plan. Congrats!

      flick
      r
      | Listen to No Agenda!

      Quote Originally Posted by thisisdog View Post
      The internet has gotten significantly better since Russians started buying video cameras.

    5. Afraid of boobatars RAVatar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2005
      Location
      Savannah, GA
      Posts
      3,293
      Vehicles
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      05-13-2019 04:52 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by daSchtick View Post
      To start, I quickly learned the drive unit is produced by Bosch, and that unlike the Leaf, these have a liquid cooled and heated battery pack, which is also a Samsung lithium unit. Overall, the EV portion of this Fiat seemed to eliminate a good portion of the Fiat reliability concerns - the powertrain! Interesting.
      If you think this is legitimately true, you're in for a rude awakening.

      Since Fiat has returned to the US, they've only utilized 3 powertrains. The 1.4 MultiAir, the turbocharged version of the same engine, and the 2.4L from Chrysler. Having owned Fiats since they came back to market, powertrain concerns ranked fairly low on the problems had with them since the reintroduction.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      The forks I grew up eating with only had 3 prongs. This is probably why I'm so miserable and angry all the time.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2000
      Posts
      10,820
      Vehicles
      17 CX-5 GT, 11 Durango Hemi, 07 Airstream
      05-13-2019 06:27 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Dee-Lux View Post
      This is all going according to plan. Congrats!
      If was going according to plan, we all would have bought them for $6000 before your countrymen exported them!!

      Tom

    7. Senior Member Wimbledon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2005
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      21,862
      05-13-2019 06:52 PM #31
      What's also fun is these cars are still Fiat 500s...so if you're still into modifying or personalizing your car, there are plenty of options.

      The Euro 500 LED tails are easily installed, and I've been thinking about installing them.



      I'm searching for a Euro Abarth parcel shelf now, which is wrapped in leather with "Turismo" or "Competizione" script. All the North American cars had a cheap plastic piece, and you often see the shelf bent on used cars.
      2018 Fiat 500e eSport
      2008 Audi TT Coupe 3.2 VR6 Quattro 6MT
      2006 Lotus Exige NA

    8. 05-13-2019 09:47 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon View Post
      What's also fun is these cars are still Fiat 500s...so if you're still into modifying or personalizing your car, there are plenty of options.

      The Euro 500 LED tails are easily installed, and I've been thinking about installing them.



      I'm searching for a Euro Abarth parcel shelf now, which is wrapped in leather with "Turismo" or "Competizione" script. All the North American cars had a cheap plastic piece, and you often see the shelf bent on used cars.
      Funny you mention this mod, as I have actually done this to another car a few months back! My daughter's boyfriend has a 2012 500, and he got these lights also. They look cool when complete, but you have to reverse engineer the pin outs, and create adapter plugs, and accept the fact that you will no longer have integrated backup lights, unless you engineer multicolor LEDs into the bottom indicator. We also ran into a minor fit issue, which required a bit of modification to the housing. Unfortunately, not a quick plug-n-play by any means.
      2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, Absolutely Red/Black, 5spd
      2005 Acura TSX, Carbon Grey Pearl/Quartz, Sportshift
      2013 Ford Focus ST, Oxford White/Charcoal Black, ST3
      2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat/Light Dune, Reserve +Technology
      2016 Fiat 500e, Electric Orange Tri-Coat Pearl/Black - I live life 84 miles at a time!

    9. 05-13-2019 09:58 PM #33
      In case you didn't see this in the other EV thread, Costco has some good deals on EVSEs going on right now. The JuiceBox Pro 40 Amp Electric Vehicle Charging Station EVSE with JuiceNet, 24-ft cable is $499 for a few more days, and the Siemens VersiCharge LVL 2 Universal Electric Vehicle Charger,is $399!

      https://www.costco.com/JuiceBox-Pro-...100397573.html



      https://www.costco.com/VersiCharge-L...100295506.html



      I am debating between these 2 right now, but leaning toward the JuiceBox, as it seems to be the Cadillac of EVSEs. Talk me into one. as I have another 2 days to decide.
      2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, Absolutely Red/Black, 5spd
      2005 Acura TSX, Carbon Grey Pearl/Quartz, Sportshift
      2013 Ford Focus ST, Oxford White/Charcoal Black, ST3
      2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat/Light Dune, Reserve +Technology
      2016 Fiat 500e, Electric Orange Tri-Coat Pearl/Black - I live life 84 miles at a time!

    10. 05-13-2019 10:16 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Congratulations OP! But you have not earned the right to call us "EV Whackos" until you register* your EV here:

      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...light=Registry

      *Potato pics accepted.

      Requisite pic for clicks:

      2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, Absolutely Red/Black, 5spd
      2005 Acura TSX, Carbon Grey Pearl/Quartz, Sportshift
      2013 Ford Focus ST, Oxford White/Charcoal Black, ST3
      2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat/Light Dune, Reserve +Technology
      2016 Fiat 500e, Electric Orange Tri-Coat Pearl/Black - I live life 84 miles at a time!

    11. 05-13-2019 10:31 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by daSchtick View Post
      I am debating between these 2 right now, but leaning toward the JuiceBox, as it seems to be the Cadillac of EVSEs. Talk me into one.
      If those two are your only choices, go with the JuiceBox. If you want the best unit--meaning one with an excellent track record and excellent customer support--then ditch them both and buy a ClipperCreek HCS-40 instead.

      Dempsey Bowling
      Sales Consultant at Doug Smith Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Subaru/Kia/used
      My fleet: 91 Miata (5.0L swap project), 98 Wrangler Sport, 01 Suburban 2500 8.1L, 80 Grand Prix LJ 454, 86 GLHS #75

    12. 05-14-2019 11:49 AM #36
      Interesting you say that. I am shying away from the Siemens due to the 20' cord alone. I want as much versatility as possible, and 20' is just too limiting The JuiceBox is feature rich, very customizable, full of data, and seems to work really well when it is not having software bugs or wifi issues. The Clipper Creek seems low frills, but seems more reliable, but for some reason, it also costs the most.

      That said, given the Costco double manufacturer warranty and excellent return policy, I am heavily leaning to the JuiceBox, as it appeals to the techno-geek inside of me, and it is priced really well.
      2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, Absolutely Red/Black, 5spd
      2005 Acura TSX, Carbon Grey Pearl/Quartz, Sportshift
      2013 Ford Focus ST, Oxford White/Charcoal Black, ST3
      2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat/Light Dune, Reserve +Technology
      2016 Fiat 500e, Electric Orange Tri-Coat Pearl/Black - I live life 84 miles at a time!

    13. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2001
      Location
      The Village
      Posts
      24,464
      Vehicles
      KAR 120C
      05-14-2019 12:29 PM #37
      We've had a JuiceBox since 2017. It's been 100% reliable (not buggy at all) and the mobile app is great.

    14. Senior Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      20,916
      Vehicles
      Fake Rich C300 & Insight 3.0
      05-14-2019 03:35 PM #38
      Any experience with how quickly these can charge up on J-1772 stations? (ChargePoint).

    15. Senior Member Wimbledon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2005
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      21,862
      05-14-2019 04:05 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by daSchtick View Post
      Funny you mention this mod, as I have actually done this to another car a few months back! My daughter's boyfriend has a 2012 500, and he got these lights also. They look cool when complete, but you have to reverse engineer the pin outs, and create adapter plugs, and accept the fact that you will no longer have integrated backup lights, unless you engineer multicolor LEDs into the bottom indicator. We also ran into a minor fit issue, which required a bit of modification to the housing. Unfortunately, not a quick plug-n-play by any means.
      Ah, that's good to know. I might fit them at some point.

      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Any experience with how quickly these can charge up on J-1772 stations? (ChargePoint).
      I typically see a charging rate of 6 kW. The car has a ~24 kWh battery capacity, so a full charge takes 3-4 hours from fully depleted. Mine typically does not fall below 50% charge on an average day (30-40 miles or less), so it takes around 2 hours to recharge back to full.
      2018 Fiat 500e eSport
      2008 Audi TT Coupe 3.2 VR6 Quattro 6MT
      2006 Lotus Exige NA

    16. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,130
      Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      05-14-2019 04:18 PM #40
      I've spent way too much time watching youtube reviews on this car. Seems the only "negative" is that there is no "quick charge" capability like the newer gen EV's. Is that correct? Is it a real problem? I don't see someone wanting to use this for a cross country jaunt ala Tesla, just not the right purpose for this little runabout.

    17. 05-14-2019 04:26 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by daSchtick View Post
      The JuiceBox is feature rich, very customizable, full of data, and seems to work really well when it is not having software bugs or wifi issues.

      That said, given the Costco double manufacturer warranty and excellent return policy, I am heavily leaning to the JuiceBox, as it appeals to the techno-geek inside of me, and it is priced really well.
      Certainly. Especially at that price, the JuiceBox looks like a really good choice.

      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Any experience with how quickly these can charge up on J-1772 stations? (ChargePoint).
      Unlike the Spark EV, the 500e features a 6.6 kW charger. This is gonna let you suck up electrons as fast as most J-1772 public charging stations will provide them.
      Dempsey Bowling
      Sales Consultant at Doug Smith Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Subaru/Kia/used
      My fleet: 91 Miata (5.0L swap project), 98 Wrangler Sport, 01 Suburban 2500 8.1L, 80 Grand Prix LJ 454, 86 GLHS #75

    18. Global Moderator MylesPH1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 6th, 2000
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      6,358
      Vehicles
      S60, Z/28
      05-14-2019 04:26 PM #42
      Great score. And congrats finding the spec you like

      Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      This is really quickly turning into the EV lounge. Congrats OP
      If there’s anything that TCL members likes more than a cool car, it’s a cool car that can be bought for a substantial discount. The price of EV’s coming off lease is like a drug so powerful, you’re gonna need a paramedic to revive us.
      Last edited by MylesPH1; 05-14-2019 at 04:31 PM.
      One Swedish sedan
      One ‘murrican coupe

    19. 05-14-2019 04:32 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Seems the only "negative" is that there is no "quick charge" capability like the newer gen EV's. Is that correct?
      Seems to be. Looks like the 500e has only a J1772 outlet:



      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Is it a real problem?
      Given that it has a 6.6 kW onboard charger, I don't think it is a major drawback. To me, fast charging is only needed when you're trying to drive hundreds and hundreds of miles in one day, ie on a road trip. For day-to-day use, this probably won't come into play very often. Stop at a restaurant/store/whatever with a 6.6 kW charging station and you can easily pick up a "quarter tank" in only an hour while you eat/shop/etc. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

      But, what do I know? I don't even own an EV yet.
      Dempsey Bowling
      Sales Consultant at Doug Smith Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Subaru/Kia/used
      My fleet: 91 Miata (5.0L swap project), 98 Wrangler Sport, 01 Suburban 2500 8.1L, 80 Grand Prix LJ 454, 86 GLHS #75

    20. Afraid of boobatars RAVatar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2005
      Location
      Savannah, GA
      Posts
      3,293
      Vehicles
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      05-14-2019 05:06 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by daSchtick View Post
      Funny you mention this mod, as I have actually done this to another car a few months back! My daughter's boyfriend has a 2012 500, and he got these lights also. They look cool when complete, but you have to reverse engineer the pin outs, and create adapter plugs, and accept the fact that you will no longer have integrated backup lights, unless you engineer multicolor LEDs into the bottom indicator. We also ran into a minor fit issue, which required a bit of modification to the housing. Unfortunately, not a quick plug-n-play by any means.
      Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon View Post
      What's also fun is these cars are still Fiat 500s...so if you're still into modifying or personalizing your car, there are plenty of options.

      The Euro 500 LED tails are easily installed, and I've been thinking about installing them.
      Right out of the box, the Series 4 tails are not plug and play.

      That said, get with Lorenzo at Speedmotive. He sells the set with a fully re-wired plug and play harness, with LED bulbs already installed. Your only choice is whether you want reverse bulbs in the turn signal housing itself, or if you want to fab up your own. There is also a wiring harness that will blink the brake lights as turn signals, and use the lower clear strip as your reverse lights, but I don't care for that setup.

      My current project is running some wire to the backup switch in the stock tail lights so I can run a separate LED block in the rear diffuser as a reverse bulb, and then use the Series 4 lights as they would normally work in EU spec.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      The forks I grew up eating with only had 3 prongs. This is probably why I'm so miserable and angry all the time.

    21. Senior Member Wimbledon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2005
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      21,862
      05-14-2019 06:09 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I've spent way too much time watching youtube reviews on this car. Seems the only "negative" is that there is no "quick charge" capability like the newer gen EV's. Is that correct? Is it a real problem? I don't see someone wanting to use this for a cross country jaunt ala Tesla, just not the right purpose for this little runabout.
      These are great cars. If you try one with the expectation that it's a car for running local errands or short commutes, you'll be happy with it. It's not a car for long range driving, so the lack of a quick charge capability is not a real problem. If you're driving a long distance, take another car that day. But for running around your local area, it's a lot of fun to zip around with the instant torque, and a short drive costs you almost nothing in electricity/fuel. For anyone who has access to free electricity at work (and you can charge from a wall plug even, just slower), the savings are even greater. For all of my commuting and short errands this year, I've spent less than $10 year-to-date in electricity because the car charges at work every day.

      That said, there is a company working on adding quick charging for an estimated cost of $3k, although the product is not released yet. Apparently, you can add a CHAdeMO port under the front hood. I think the car is fine the way it is. https://www.quickchargepower.com/
      Last edited by Wimbledon; 05-14-2019 at 06:20 PM.
      2018 Fiat 500e eSport
      2008 Audi TT Coupe 3.2 VR6 Quattro 6MT
      2006 Lotus Exige NA

    22. 05-14-2019 06:20 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon View Post
      Apparently, you can add a CHAdeMO port under the front hood.
      I've read something similar:

      Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
      Charge time is less than four hours when connected to a Level 2 (240 volt) source using the on-board 6.6 kW charging module. Although the 500e does not come equipped with or offer as an option a DC fast charging connector, the development engineers state the car is equipped to handle charging at up to 480V and 70 amps if the appropriate connector is retrofitted to the car.[47]
      Following their reference takes you to this test drive review:

      Quote Originally Posted by GreenCarReports
      Fiat engineers also said after the drive that the car was engineered from the start to accept quick charging at 480 Volts and 70 Amps.

      That is, it requires only the addition of the necessary hardware to be capable of using new Combined Charging Standard (CCS) fast charging stations when they become available.
      FYI
      Dempsey Bowling
      Sales Consultant at Doug Smith Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Subaru/Kia/used
      My fleet: 91 Miata (5.0L swap project), 98 Wrangler Sport, 01 Suburban 2500 8.1L, 80 Grand Prix LJ 454, 86 GLHS #75

    23. 05-14-2019 06:40 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I've spent way too much time watching youtube reviews on this car.
      Yup - That's how it starts! Before you know it, it's 12:30, and you should have gone to bed hours ago!
      2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, Absolutely Red/Black, 5spd
      2005 Acura TSX, Carbon Grey Pearl/Quartz, Sportshift
      2013 Ford Focus ST, Oxford White/Charcoal Black, ST3
      2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat/Light Dune, Reserve +Technology
      2016 Fiat 500e, Electric Orange Tri-Coat Pearl/Black - I live life 84 miles at a time!

    24. 05-14-2019 07:24 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon View Post
      These are great cars. If you try one with the expectation that it's a car for running local errands or short commutes, you'll be happy with it. It's not a car for long range driving, so the lack of a quick charge capability is not a real problem. If you're driving a long distance, take another car that day. But for running around your local area, it's a lot of fun to zip around with the instant torque, and a short drive costs you almost nothing in electricity/fuel. For anyone who has access to free electricity at work (and you can charge from a wall plug even, just slower), the savings are even greater. For all of my commuting and short errands this year, I've spent less than $10 year-to-date in electricity because the car charges at work every day.
      I think you hit on an important point - It is all about expectations. The 500e is definitely not a car for all occasions, however, it is an outstanding second car for 90+% of the driving that people typically do. If you have a 2 car household, there is a very strong chance that this can easily serve as a second car.

      One other comment that I think is sort of funny with respect to EVs, is that people often cite that the fuel savings may never be enough to justify the overall purchase cost. I find this odd, as this is never a consideration when a purchasing a gas powered car (simply because there is no money to be saved), but for some reason, you must save enough in fuel cost to completely cover the cost of purchase when buying an EV.

      On a similar note, today was the first day I took the car to work. I shared the news with a few close friends that understand my automotive issues , however, I don't plan on talking about the car with anyone else unless asked. If there is one thing I learned long ago living in the midwest, is that many people just don't want to hear about it. But, just because the car is ridiculous, it does draw a lot of attention and questions. Depending on the audience, I may indicate that it is electric, but if I feel that there is really no interest in EVs, I keep it short, and instead share my enthusiasm with folks who are truly interested in the technology. A lot of fun that I have with the car is letting people drive an EV for the first time. For many, it is very eye opening for them, and they often have many further questions for me that I will gladly answer, making me a bit of an EV ambassador! That said, I personally don't care what people drive, however, I really enjoy sharing this car with folks who are interested.
      2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, Absolutely Red/Black, 5spd
      2005 Acura TSX, Carbon Grey Pearl/Quartz, Sportshift
      2013 Ford Focus ST, Oxford White/Charcoal Black, ST3
      2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat/Light Dune, Reserve +Technology
      2016 Fiat 500e, Electric Orange Tri-Coat Pearl/Black - I live life 84 miles at a time!

    25. 05-15-2019 01:07 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by daSchtick View Post
      The JuiceBox is feature rich, very customizable, full of data, and seems to work really well when it is not having software bugs or wifi issues.

      That said, given the Costco double manufacturer warranty and excellent return policy, I am heavily leaning to the JuiceBox, as it appeals to the techno-geek inside of me, and it is priced really well.
      As I mentioned in my own EV thread, you sold me.

      Quote Originally Posted by daSchtick View Post
      If there is one thing I learned long ago living in the midwest, is that many people just don't want to hear about it. But, just because the car is ridiculous, it does draw a lot of attention and questions. Depending on the audience, I may indicate that it is electric, but if I feel that there is really no interest in EVs, I keep it short, and instead share my enthusiasm with folks who are truly interested in the technology. A lot of fun that I have with the car is letting people drive an EV for the first time. For many, it is very eye opening for them, and they often have many further questions for me that I will gladly answer, making me a bit of an EV ambassador! That said, I personally don't care what people drive, however, I really enjoy sharing this car with folks who are interested.
      Dempsey Bowling
      Sales Consultant at Doug Smith Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Subaru/Kia/used
      My fleet: 91 Miata (5.0L swap project), 98 Wrangler Sport, 01 Suburban 2500 8.1L, 80 Grand Prix LJ 454, 86 GLHS #75

    26. Senior Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      20,916
      Vehicles
      Fake Rich C300 & Insight 3.0
      05-15-2019 06:58 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboMinivan View Post
      Unlike the Spark EV, the 500e features a 6.6 kW charger. This is gonna let you suck up electrons as fast as most J-1772 public charging stations will provide them.
      This may be a silly question but any idea or experience with how much range can be added (500e) in a one hour period? (assuming state of charge within that 20-80% sweet spot)

      The J-1772 charger I can access is not free, charging is $1 p/hour for the first hour then $3.50 p/hour additional time. If I can recoup my 15 mile RT commute for a buck this little car starts to make sense, if not then it becomes more of a novelty.

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •