VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Luftgekühlt 6 Photo Thread

Vehicles
      M44/40F20CS65
      05-14-2019 02:32 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      I really wish they'd extend the hours until sunset because the lumber yard would look 100x cooler at night. Mid-day light is crappy for photos unless you bring several ND filters with you. VWVortex should sponsor me for a press pass so I can avoid the crowds.

I think limiting tickets is a step in the right direction in terms of keeping it somewhat focused on real enthusiasts.
      I was discussing this with my wife. I was thinking they should allow repeat attendees to buy a day ahead of the general public, but the downside of that is new attendees wouldn't be able to get in. But at the same time, you don't want the event to be some sort of celebrity sighting ordeal, or just "the thing to do this weekend." Already there's all the after-parties and what not surrounding the event. I'd like for it to remain an enthusiast event for as much as possible.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      E39 M5 | 987.2
      05-14-2019 02:45 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      I was discussing this with my wife. I was thinking they should allow repeat attendees to buy a day ahead of the general public, but the downside of that is new attendees wouldn't be able to get in. But at the same time, you don't want the event to be some sort of celebrity sighting ordeal, or just "the thing to do this weekend." Already there's all the after-parties and what not surrounding the event. I'd like for it to remain an enthusiast event for as much as possible.
      An extra day would require the owners to hang out more and continue wiping down their cars with quick detailer. Wonder how many people that would affect.

How about asking you to pronounce "Porsche 911"?

"Porch nine-one-one" and you're out!

Vehicles
      M44/40F20CS65
      05-14-2019 03:06 PM #78
      An extra day would require the owners to hang out more and continue wiping down their cars with quick detailer. Wonder how many people that would affect.

How about asking you to pronounce "Porsche 911"?

"Porch nine-one-one" and you're out!
      I meant an extra day to buy tickets. Not for the show. As in the tickets go on sale on Saturday, and they're sold out within an hour or so. I'm suggesting to maybe give the repeat attendees an earlier day, or earlier time slot to buy tickets, and then open the ticket sales to the general public later on.

Vehicles
      E39 M5 | 987.2
      05-14-2019 03:14 PM #79
      I meant an extra day to buy tickets. Not for the show. As in the tickets go on sale on Saturday, and they're sold out within an hour or so. I'm suggesting to maybe give the repeat attendees an earlier day, or earlier time slot to buy tickets, and then open the ticket sales to the general public later on.
      Great, now we're gonna have bots buy everything within the first 20 seconds and resell them for 4x the cost on StubHub.

Vehicles
      74 R90/6, 957, 914
      05-14-2019 03:35 PM #80
      It was one helluva show, that's for sure. I was fortunate to get a media pass so I didn't have to deal with the lines. I could have gotten in an hour before the show, and really should have, but ended up going just before 8. I didn't take many photos, I was trying to live in the moment, meet people, and see the cars. So I'll just post one.

Really kicking myself that I didn't show up at 7. Could have had some wonderful crowd-free shots and had time to soak in the show later.

It was really too much to take in, cars that normally could get hours of attention on their own in the wild were simply glanced at by people as they walked by. For example, there was a real-deal 916 there in the 914 area. Thing was cherry. Most people didn't even look at it or they assumed it was a replica or something.

At any rate, here's a 917

Last edited by OptimusGlen; 05-14-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Vehicles
      2016 A6 2.0T Quattro
      05-14-2019 04:15 PM #81
      AFAIK, the tickets didn't sell out within an hour. I bought mine, then bought for friends later in the day. 10 am spots were still available the next day.

Great, now we're gonna have bots buy everything within the first 20 seconds and resell them for 4x the cost on StubHub.
      They're all tied to a name, so no resale. Whether that's enforced, that's another story as nobody checked out ID.

Vehicles
      W116 - W123 - AMG - Land Rovers
      05-14-2019 06:25 PM #82
      I was listening to an interview with the founder of Luft and he said they actually stopped production and cleared some of the sets so they could have the cars there. That is why they had to cut it off at the time they did on Saturday. (Plus, Mother's Day was Sunday)

9. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      05-14-2019 09:42 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
      I was listening to an interview with the founder of Luft and he said they actually stopped production and cleared some of the sets so they could have the cars there. That is why they had to cut it off at the time they did on Saturday. (Plus, Mother's Day was Sunday)
      That's pretty damn awesome.

Are there any numbers for how many people actually attended the show? Or even just tickets sold?
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

Vehicles
      E39 M5 | 987.2
      05-14-2019 09:51 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      That's pretty damn awesome.

Are there any numbers for how many people actually attended the show? Or even just tickets sold?
      C&D estimated over 6,000. I counted 18. So somewhere in between is probably right.

11. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      05-14-2019 10:03 PM #85
      C&D estimated over 6,000. I counted 18. So somewhere in between is probably right.
      That's a hell of a gig, impressive.
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

Vehicles
      1969 Porsche 912R, 1969 MB 280 SE coupe, 2004 Volvo XC70, 2010 Ford F-150, 2004 Cayenne Turbo
      05-14-2019 11:46 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by 2000JettaGLXVR6 View Post
      I seent him. At first I heard his voice, then turned around and there he was. With Spike.
      With Spike, and the Man of the People - Zuckerman. I was going to start singing "Spike Feresten likes it in the kitchen..." but then saw what appeared to be his son with him I saw Patrick Dempsey too so had to take a pic for the wife. His Turbo Safari was killer.
      -Keith
      The to-do list is over 726 lines long. One day my cars will run again.

Vehicles
      Discovery 200tdi
      05-18-2019 06:00 PM #87
      The Universal Studios backlot was an amazing location for another display of air-cooled goodness. Also fun is trying to capture other people's reactions so threw in a few enhanced photos.

I know others were there as well so if you got photos, post 'em up!
      Killer pictures! Spectacular event and so glad I could make it this year. A little late to the game but my scans just came in so I thought I'd share a few of my favourites.

Hopefully everyone isn't sick of seeing air cooled porsches by now...

Vehicles
      '16 GTI
      05-19-2019 02:31 PM #88
      I overheard people talking about him but didn't see him. I got there around noon so missed the first 2 hours, but apparently the line was really long at 10.
      The only "celebrity" I ran into was a comedian I really like, Dean Delray. All the years I've gone I haven't spotted Seinfeld but I always hear he is there. Surprised I didn't see Patrick Dempsey this year also.

It took me an hour and a half to get onto the shuttle and dropped off and I could only stay a couple of hours. I saw the massive line for the bus back and hopped in it so I wouldn't be late for work but it only took 10 min. Oh well. Still an incredible show as always and great fun. Great photos Kiz.

Vehicles
      F80 / TDI / LWB
      05-19-2019 11:12 PM #89
      Great pictures, everyone!

I was lucky enough to meet Bruce Canepa and hear his story about getting the 959 into the country. Also learned how instrumental he was in creating the show or display law. Loved seeing the 959c up close with those upsized 18" wheels. What a spectacular vehicle.

I don't know how they're gonna top this year's show. What an incredible event!

Rennpig was lookin' oh so good.

Vehicles
      E39 M5 | 987.2
      05-20-2019 01:33 AM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by Aaron22 View Post
      Killer pictures! Spectacular event and so glad I could make it this year. A little late to the game but my scans just came in so I thought I'd share a few of my favourites.

Hopefully everyone isn't sick of seeing air cooled porsches by now...
      Thanks for sharing! Always cool to see film versions of similar photos taken with DSLRs.

Did you fly into town specifically for this show?

Vehicles
      '13 Golf R 4dr CSG, '18 4Runner
      05-20-2019 07:39 AM #91
      Ganz kühl - thanks so much for sharing all the pics....some great shots and a perfect venue.

2013 4 Door Golf R - CSG

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234