VWVortex.com - Boost leak from DV hose. And spiking under full boost.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Boost leak from DV hose. And spiking under full boost.

1. 05-15-2019 10:28 PM #1
      I'm getting a fluttering noise under full boost (20 psi stage 2 tune). I put air to the line and heard a small leak but could not find it for the life of me. It's not on the initial rubber tube from the top of the dv, where could this leak be?

Also side note, I replaced most of my boost lines ( all the big ones anyways with the forge kit) replaced my DV with the rtx one with the spring set to 20psi, new n75, new intercooler, just bought a forge waste gate (will put on this weekend) new map sensor (same old maf sensor) and cold air intake.

With all that said I have a underboost code I cannot get rid of. Only leak in the system is from the dv tube as said earlier. The car under full throttle takes a pretty long time to hit full spool and its acting like it's not getting enough air. When this happens I can feel a slight boost surge sometimes (from 20-15 psi bouncing between) other times it will surge/spike from 20 psi to 10 to 20 to 5 to 20 to 15 to 5 and so on.

Is it possible the surge/spike is from the slight leak from DV top hose? I know the flutter is from that for sure. Just need some answers lol as you can tell I've replaced a ton of SH*T trying to fix the boost surge/spiking issue.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 05-15-2019 10:30 PM #2
      Here is a video of the boost leak /waste gate test. Also look at my videos on my channel to see the spiking issue.
      https://youtu.be/OwTF_Ow71Ac

05-15-2019 11:30 PM #3
      Try plugging the vacuum line to the DV and run a line directly from the intake manifold to the DV.

This can at least tell you if it holds boost properly if the DV has vacuum, this also bypasses the N249 which controls the DV.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 05-16-2019 02:12 AM #4
      @KiDGib which nipple should I attach my tube to on the intake to run to the dv? Dont want to do a whole 249 delete just want to check what you said previously.