Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2000 gti vr6 glx

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 VW GTI VR6 GLX
      05-17-2019 11:17 PM #1
      So I picked up a 2000 GTI VR6 GLX. I had one years ago new.... never should have sold it.

Anyway.. 156k miles.

Guy who had it is a mechanic and bought it to flip, so he did a bunch of stuff to it. Mechanically it appears good - just cosmetic stuff.

Couple question -

1. Where can I get used parts? Interior door handles (by the window switches) That grate thing on the dash... The glove compartment is broke - doestn't stay closed and doesn't have the thing you put up to open it... stuff like that.

2. The hatch lever, along with the switch in the door, doesn't work. I have no clue what the problem is, but I'd like to get that fixed. would it be east to just find a new hatch?

3. Some dings and 2-3 rust spots, but nothing crazy.

I want to paint/plastic dip the emblem on the hatch... black overall, with the VW in red. How do you remove it?

I also want to paint/dip the '6' in VR6 in red... how do you remove that emblem?

4. The shade for the sunroof is messed up.. I guess it was cloth and that is no more, so it's just a stupid orange color - old glue perhaps. Any suggestions on how to make it a big better ascetically?

The shock that holds open the hood doesn't work. You have to actually hold it open since there isn't any rod. Any idea where I can get a new one?

I think that is about it for now. The A/C doesn't work - but I'm hoping it just need a charge.

Thanks! Looking forward to fixing it up. For once I'm excited to work on a car again. (Past two vehicles were work trucks that I honestly didn't care much about)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2000 GTI, 2009 CC, 1969 Barracuda Slickback
      05-19-2019 04:51 PM #2
      ecstuning.com will help you.

For interior bits, find a pull-n-pay type salvage yard. Take torx bits and a pocket knife with you.
      Cheers, yo.

4. 05-19-2019 07:40 PM #3
      You're asking for a few how to's so I would just search and search Google. You definitely have not even searched Google yet. People won't write you out another how to article.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 VW GTI VR6 GLX
      05-20-2019 07:59 AM #4
      I'm not looking for how to fix stuff... Just a good source where to get replacement parts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

7. Today 10:46 AM #5
      ebay, etc. google is your friend.
      Former owner of: 1968 Bug and 1973 Bug. Current owner: 2000 Jetta 2.0 5 Speed (original owner).