VWVortex.com - 2000 Audi TT MK1 FWD rear brake caliper question/e-brake
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2000 Audi TT MK1 FWD rear brake caliper question/e-brake

1. 05-30-2019 01:49 PM #1
      So I'm replacing the emergency brake cables on my TT when I realized that the spring tensioned lever on the rear calipers that mates to the e-brake cable has failed. Basically, the lever (under spring tension) doesn't retract and lacks tension. Does this require new calipers or can I replace those parts separately?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 07 3x White NB & 08 Yukon Denali XL to tow em
      06-13-2019 10:14 PM #2
      This spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      !! opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

4. 06-14-2019 10:19 AM #3
      Hey man thanks for reply. Yeah I thought it was thet spring but the arm connecting the spring doesn't move freely. I ended up buying two new calipers. Trying to decide should I paint the calipers or not. Your yellows look spot on!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 07 3x White NB & 08 Yukon Denali XL to tow em
      06-14-2019 11:07 AM #4
      They were disassembled, powder coated and covered w/ clear p/c to protect the base coat. It’s a once in a decade thing that allows you to wipe off ANYthing like a Teflon pan.

Jason from BBM did the rebuild and then all the leg work to get them p/c at a place in OR. I have no contact w/ him anymore and not sure if he’s in the VAG scene anymore.

These results come only w/ a proper cleaning/prep, a thorough base coat and clear. All surface imperfections disappear and turns the surface into glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      !! opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!