VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: 2001 Audi A4 1.8TQM, Not Running

2K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  c0r3y.af 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm selling my 2001 A4 1.8T Quattro with a 5 speed manual. The car ran and drove perfectly until December, when I had started it in the morning to warm up and the car stuttered and died. The car throws a code for cam position sensor, and I don't have the time or patience to fix it because I have another daily and I just bought a house that I'm fixing up. I'd really like to just get the car out of my parents driveway and make them happy.

The car is silver with gray leather interior. It has around 250k on it and does need some work. Aside from the fact that it doesn't currently run, it does occasionally smokes a little bit on cold start, the windshield has a crack, the rear suspension creaks over bumps and needs to be replaced, and the drivers seat has a rip on the bottom as usual. The windshield wiper motor recently died as well.

The car does have newer rear brakes, a new fuel pump, a 2.0t coil pack upgrade, factory projector headlights, a shaved front bumper (the paint is cracking a little bit), and a Borla cat-back exhaust that was on the car when I bought it. I never had any mechanical issues with the car aside from the fuel pump and basic maintenance (oil changes, plugs, etc), and I drove it daily to/from the train station for my work commute. Quattro was fantastic in the snow.

Looking to get $600 for it. Clean title in hand. You will need to tow it away. I also have a bunch of aftermarket parts available here, and if you're interested in any, I'm happy to put together a package deal. Located in Warwick, RI near TF Green Airport.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.