Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Possible turbo issues

Vehicles
      2015 MK7 GTI S, 2005 MK4 Golf GLS
      06-08-2019 08:04 PM #1
      Hey guys, I have a base model '15 GTI with around 52k miles on it. Typically when I'm pushing the car around 2k to 4.5k I can hear the turbo spooling (for give me if my # range is incorrect) but for the last few days 1. I dont hear it spool 2. I dont feel it pulling as much and 3. It feels slower when I hit the pedal. Maybe it's in my head but am I crazy to think my turbo might be going? I can just feel the car isn't moving the same anynore.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
      G O L F

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 08-15-2019 10:12 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by KingMK View Post
      Hey guys, I have a base model '15 GTI with around 52k miles on it. Typically when I'm pushing the car around 2k to 4.5k I can hear the turbo spooling (for give me if my # range is incorrect) but for the last few days 1. I dont hear it spool 2. I dont feel it pulling as much and 3. It feels slower when I hit the pedal. Maybe it's in my head but am I crazy to think my turbo might be going? I can just feel the car isn't moving the same anynore.

Typically, you would also start to hear a more refined noise when your turbo goes out. On shut down or decel, it would start to sound like a dentist drill.

I would say that you probably have a boost leak somewhere in TBB, IM, or inlet piping. IF you had a boost leak off of the exhaust manifold you would hear a lot more noise than your normal running condition

4. 08-15-2019 02:14 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by KingMK View Post

Check for boost leaks in your piping, manifolds, and your TBB