Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Retrofit seat ventilators in my CC

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC Lux, 2007 Passat Wagon, 2004 Audi A6
      06-12-2019 08:14 PM #1
      I've searched high and low but can't find any photos, diagrams, exploded views, or the like for the VW CC ventilated seats. I'm not talking about pictures of the on-off switch... I mean photos of the actual seat fans and any interior seat plumbing. Are the ventilated seats physically different from the others? Or does a ventilated seat simply have the fans and switch attached?

What I really want to know is, can I fabricate a bracket for a couple of 12V computer fans that will convert my stock Cornsilk Beige/Black seats into ventilated seats?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-12-2019 08:16 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by dub_fan View Post
      I've searched high and low but can't find any photos, diagrams, exploded views, or the like for the VW CC ventilated seats. I'm not talking about pictures of the on-off switch... I mean photos of the actual seat fans and any interior seat plumbing. Are the ventilated seats physically different from the others? Or does a ventilated seat simply have the fans and switch attached?

What I really want to know is, can I fabricate a bracket for a couple of 12V computer fans that will convert my stock Cornsilk Beige/Black seats into ventilated seats?
      Whatever you do... please do a write up lol I will be joining you on the quest for ventilated seats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Member
      Vehicles
      83 BMW 320i(rip) 92 VW Cabrio(sold) 99 VW Cabrio(sold) 94 Nissan Sentra(rip)09 VW CC Sport 6MT
      06-12-2019 11:34 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by dub_fan View Post

I'd think you have to ventilate the vinyl? Iirc the ventilated seats are perforated through out the bottom.

Also for the record, cooled seats are NOT plug and play for all cars. Even though theoretically it just needs power and ground, I put a cooled seat from a LUX in my sport and I haven't gotten it working yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC Lux, 2007 Passat Wagon, 2004 Audi A6
      Yesterday 02:51 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Jscharff View Post
      I put a cooled seat from a LUX in my sport and I haven't gotten it working yet
      So you have both a standard and a cooled seat? Can you post comparative photos of the parts that differ?