Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Care of convertible top

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2016 Beetle convertible classic
      06-16-2019 05:23 PM #1
      New owner here. I have just bought a 2016 classic convertible. Never having had a droptop I have been looking at care articles. Not to use alcohol or detergents. Is there a concern regarding some windshield washer fluids? Is there a recommendation out there? It seems a strange ask but I want to keep this special car for a long time.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-18-2019 07:51 AM #2
      I also just bgt a new 2019 covert and have some of the same questions. There are products out there for marine use that will serve well for the actual top. "303" product line has fabric treatment for boat canvas and sumbrella that will waterproof and UV protect. I intend to use that product . It does take some special application steps that need to be observed,but the product has a good reputation. If you Google 303 products you will see the whole lineup. Good luck with the new ride.

4. 06-22-2019 09:01 AM #3
      For those who care go to Amazon and look at 303 fabric protector and read the reviews of people who have used the product on their converts. There are probably 500 posts,so it is well vetted.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 06-30-2019 03:33 AM #4
      Thanks for the info...brand new 2019 convertible here and really want to take good care of the top.

Cheers.

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      2018 Beetle Convertable
      07-29-2019 08:03 AM #5
      I got the 303 kit have yet to get to doing it as of yet there is a lot of things going on around my condo and well I work nights in FL and we are in the raining season LOL

8. 08-13-2019 04:00 PM #6
      We are about to purchase our first convertible and my concern has always been how to make sure it keeps up the longest as I don't want to have to replace the top for a long time if ever. This is my only issue with the purchase of this car but my wife likes it and it's very hard to find a Final Edition anything around us. Do I need to put a fabric protector on it or does VW put one on at the factory?

9. 08-14-2019 10:14 AM #7
      The fabric has some protectant on it ,but you will want to add your own as well. This has to be done annually depending on how much abuse it gets. Sun and snow and ice are the main concerns.
      Read the info in the above thread, BTW I asked the dealer if they do this protectant process, answer NOPE ! So we are on our own.