Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: VCDS Mods to US Arteon

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Tiguan SEL-P R Line
      10-13-2019 02:55 PM #251
      You can code for a pseudo TJA, but because of the states it won’t work under 40 mph with the lane assist portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      10-14-2019 01:14 PM #252
      Quote Originally Posted by Reihenmotor5 View Post
      If I recall it took a few hours to show up. The first pic is what it looks like, and the second is what I found when I briefly turned it and noticed the partial icon of the school speed limit was American style, with the European style above. Reverse that.

Yesterday for the first time, I got it to show multiple signs together. It was really cool- they stack on top of each other on the main nav, and when you click on them they expand. I'm guessing one of the signs was a no passing sign.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Tiguan SEL-P R Line
      10-14-2019 07:53 PM #253
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Yesterday for the first time, I got it to show multiple signs together. It was really cool- they stack on top of each other on the main nav, and when you click on them they expand. I'm guessing one of the signs was a no passing sign.
      Very cool, I’ll have to try. May try it tonight. I usually only show NAV on the dash and have CarPlay album art on the MIB. Little ones love to see the album art cover for songs they listen to every day.

Vehicles
      2019 Arteon SEL-P R-Line, 2018 Tiguan SEL-P
      10-14-2019 08:14 PM #254
      Interesting. I have the stacking signs in the Tiguan on the DCP, but not in the Arteon. I thought that was a bug with the Tiguan, but, apparently not.
      2019 Arteon SEL-P R-Line 4-Motion Urano Gray
      2018 Tiguan SEL-P 4-Motion Platinum Gray

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      10-17-2019 10:09 AM #255
      Quote Originally Posted by sdvolksGTi View Post
      I'm slowly gathering parts for the taillights. Pins, Wires, and trying to figure out the coding. I'm not wanting to take my car apart just yet. I'm waiting for the weather to cool down to do that. I think the door cards have to come out to replace the trim. And I need to figure out the connector for the ambient lights, so I don't break it on the dash trim.
      Any update? Dying to see and maybe partake..

Vehicles
      2019 VW Arteon SEL P R-line, 2012 VW CC EXECUTIVE V6 4-MOTION 08 Rabbit S, 01 Passat v6, 87 Gti 8v
      10-17-2019 10:44 AM #256
      Any update? Dying to see and maybe partake..

I ran a wire from the outer turn signal wires from pin 8 to the inner signals also pin 8 and swapped the connectors.

The laptop that I use for VCDS updated to Windows S mode, so now I can't use it unless I update to window pro.

This might have similar coding to the Arteon, but in different slots. I just cant test it out.

Last edited by sdvolksGTi; 10-17-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      10-17-2019 12:18 PM #257
      Quote Originally Posted by sdvolksGTi View Post

I ran a wire from the outer turn signal wires from pin 8 to the inner signals also pin 8 and swapped the connectors.

The laptop that I use for VCDS updated to Windows S mode, so now I can't use it unless I update to window pro.

This might have similar coding to the Arteon, but in different slots. I just cant test it out.
      Glad to see you're making progress. Much more interested in the wood trim.

Vehicles
      2019 VW Arteon SEL P R-line, 2012 VW CC EXECUTIVE V6 4-MOTION 08 Rabbit S, 01 Passat v6, 87 Gti 8v
      10-17-2019 12:36 PM #258
      Glad to see you're making progress. Much more interested in the wood trim.
      I haven't started that one yet. I'll do that and put my heated wheel back on.

Last edited by sdvolksGTi; 10-17-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      10-17-2019 12:46 PM #259
      Alright, I am still experimenting with adding WLAN to the MIB-II headunit. I got a little further than I did previously, and now I have the WLAN menu (albeit greyed out), as well as the Media Control menu (which says no WLAN). On the MIB-I units, Discover Media (smaller nav) and Discover Pro (larger nav) had the WLAN antenna embedded into the bluetooth antenna, and the smaller unit just needed it to be activated.

With the MIB-II headunits, I am not sure why it is different. I have coded and added adaptations, but it truly appears the system does not support it. The only other thing I am going to try, is to go into the engineering menu and see if there is anything in there that I can activate.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011