VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

VCDS Mods to US Arteon

323K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  TREGinginCO 
#1 ·
Has anyone made any modifications to their cars yet?

I have a few mods that I am hopping to get completed:

a. Disable Engine On/OFF - done
b. Disable seat belt chimes - done
c. Disable Auto lock all 4 doors when vehicle speed >10km/hr - working on it, any clues?
d. I'd like the electric brake to come on automatically when transmission is placed in park.
e. Lock confirmation beep after 1 not 2 key presses.
f. Disable DRL winking with indicator

Any members interested in starting a thread on VCDS mods and how to do them?

#22 ·
TJA Confirmed

I can confirm that I was able to activate dynamic lane assist, which in conjunction with ACC results in the same functionality as shown in the video. In VCDS, the feature was found in module A5-Frt Sns Drv Assist. I used the long coding helper to alter Byte 14 and change Bit 5-7 from "40 Point_of_intervention,Late" to "80 Point_of_intervention,early (setting via menu)". Then, from the Infotainment system > Car > settings, locate 'Assistance System' and scroll down to 'Lane Keeping System'; you should see an additional option there for 'Adaptive lane tracking'. Checking this box will activate the system.

I will share that it is one of those features that you may take or leave. On the open highway, it will aggressively maintain center position in a lane, but on 2-lane roads at low speed, it can be annoying.

#24 ·
I can confirm that I was able to activate dynamic lane assist, which in conjunction with ACC results in the same functionality as shown in the video. In VCDS, the feature was found in module A5-Frt Sns Drv Assist. I used the long coding helper to alter Byte 14 and change Bit 5-7 from "40 Point_of_intervention,Late" to "80 Point_of_intervention,early (setting via menu)". Then, from the Infotainment system > Car > settings, locate 'Assistance System' and scroll down to 'Lane Keeping System'; you should see an additional option there for 'Adaptive lane tracking'. Checking this box will activate the system.

I will share that it is one of those features that you may take or leave. On the open highway, it will aggressively maintain center position in a lane, but on 2-lane roads at low speed, it can be annoying.
good work- Had this on the Atlas, so I figured it was possible on the Art too. I guess it is technically TJA at the end of the day.

#23 ·
Adaptations vs. Long Code

As noted elsewhere in this thread, I have been unable to use VCDS to work with the long codes on module 9 and 46 to modify those systems.

I was able to get windows & sunroof open and close from the remote fob using module 9 - Adaptations. For those that are interested, from module 9 - Cent. Elect., select 'Adaptations'. From the channel drop-down menu at the top, scroll all the way toward the bottom and locate 'ENG141681-IDE02022-ZV Komfort-Comfort opening'. Change 'New Value' to 'active'. Note: you will likely need to confirm the security settings on the previous screen for the change to take effect. I also adjusted the 'ENG141681-ENG116652-ZV Komfort-Funk Komfort oeffnen' setting to active and updated the adjacent 'close' settings for both as well.

#1,061 ·
As noted elsewhere in this thread, I have been unable to use VCDS to work with the long codes on module 9 and 46 to modify those systems.

I was able to get windows & sunroof open and close from the remote fob using module 9 - Adaptations. For those that are interested, from module 9 - Cent. Elect., select 'Adaptations'. From the channel drop-down menu at the top, scroll all the way toward the bottom and locate 'ENG141681-IDE02022-ZV Komfort-Comfort opening'. Change 'New Value' to 'active'. Note: you will likely need to confirm the security settings on the previous screen for the change to take effect. I also adjusted the 'ENG141681-ENG116652-ZV Komfort-Funk Komfort oeffnen' setting to active and updated the adjacent 'close' settings for both as well.
I just got my 2020 and tried to do this but in the end, did not work. The remote will not open or close the windows. Is there more to this I have done this in the past via 46 but like yourself, this module does not open on this car.

#25 · (Edited)
Bought OBD11 and made the following tweaks:
--Enable fan level display, when AC mode is on "Auto" (via App)
--Ambient lighting menu shows 30 colors (via App)
--Auto High Beam memory activated (via App)

I also made the following changes in Central Electrics (09), to disable the auto-unlock when the transmission is placed in "Park".

Under ZV Autolock:

Autounlock NAR
Old value: active
New Value: not active

Menuesteuerung ZV Autolock-Unlock
Old value: not active
New Value: adjustable

Still no clue on how to enable auto-360 view; if anyone figures it out, please let the rest of us know.

#58 ·
Can VCDS modify the speedometer to be limited to a more useful range?
I know that all cars are like this, but the speedometer in the digital cockpit maxes out at 180mph, and the "12 o-clock" position is at 80mph rendering the entire right-hand side of the speedometer worthless for me.
Would love to have a digital speedometer with a smaller range so that I can have numerical readouts for every 10mph.

(On the plus side, I love how the ACC speed has its own tick mark, green when active, white otherwise. Nice reminder -- in addition to the numerical readouts at the bottom -- when the car ahead of you in the passing lane is actually just permanently hanging out, and the ACC has brought you down so smoothly to 10mph below your set speed that you don't even notice for awhile.)

#1,304 ·
Can VCDS modify the speedometer to be limited to a more useful range?
I know that all cars are like this, but the speedometer in the digital cockpit maxes out at 180mph, and the "12 o-clock" position is at 80mph rendering the entire right-hand side of the speedometer worthless for me.
Would love to have a digital speedometer with a smaller range so that I can have numerical readouts for every 10mph.
This is going to sound counterintuitive but bear with me. You can change the dash style and one of the styles has a 200mph speedo. Seems like it should be worse but it’s not linear spacing so 80 is still at the top. I don’t really care what the high numbers are, but like you wanted the 10mph increments. This one provides that. I changed the selection with Carista. I’m sure OBD or VCDS could select it too.
Only using half the speedo doesn’t bother me. I’ve never owned a car that had one where I used more. 200 isn’t event the highest speedo in my garage :rolleyes:.

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Steering part Tachometer

#65 ·
@sdvolksgti

Trying to get the Pace Car blinking to work on my Tiguan, I don't understand the instructions. Blinken Links means blink left. Both of your instructions in that set are only referring to the left blinker. And you set the dark value (dunkelwert) to 0 for both. Is it a copy and paste error? When I tried last night, couldn't get them to work.

Thanks!

#69 ·
It also doesn’t bounce you back into the center, it’ll actually track and essentially “steer” the car to keep it centered.

Sent while on the run

#72 ·
Turning on this setting with Lane Assist does the same thing. When you set it to Point of Intervention "Early", it keeps you centered in the lane and you don't bounce from side to side.

I did this on both my Tig and Arteon. They both stay centered now.
But doesn't that mean you've constantly fighting the car for control over the steering wheel?
Or do you let your hands just kind of hover over the steering wheel...or just use a really light touch?
(I've been impressed by how well the Arteon steers itself around big sweeping turns...but eventually it chastises me with a display of something like, "Please take over steering wheel.")

#78 ·
Sunroof Module Long Code and Adaptation

Could someone send a screen shot of the original long coding and Adaptions for the sunroof module? I did something and now it doesn't auto close or open and it doesn't open fully. Thanks!
I know I should have followed my own advice in my post on the top of page 3, about saving the original but I found those video after the fact.

#79 ·
Could someone send a screen shot of the original long coding and Adaptions for the sunroof module? I did something and now it doesn't auto close or open and it doesn't open fully. Thanks!
I know I should have followed my own advice in my post on the top of page 3, about saving the original but I found those video after the fact.
Long coding:
Adaptations:
Travel path:
Sliding position, reduc. opening width:
not active
Sliding position, intermed. pos.:
not active
Tilted position, max. opening width:
not active
Sunroof shade, interm. position open:
not active
Sunroof shade, interm. position close:
not active
Temperature dependent activation:
Open sun roof:
active
Open roof blind:
not active
Close sunroof:
not active
Close roof blind:
not active
Speed dependent activation:
Open sun roof:
active
Open roof blind:
not active
Close sunroof:
not active
Close roof blind:
not active
Logic switch-over, controls:
Sunroof button:
not active
Button for sliding roof:
not active
Sunroof shade button:
not active
Button for sunroof/tilt roof, rear:
not active
Sunroof shade button, rear:
not active
Production mode:
not active
Deactivate production mode:
Deactivating
Activating and deactivating all development messages:
not active
Applikationmode deactivate:
Applikationmode_deactivate:
Deactivating
Komfortfunktionen:
Target position for comfort opening:
Tilt out posi.
Komfortöffnen Dachrollo:
not active
KomfortschlieĂźen Dachrollo:
not active
Privacy_mode:
not active

#91 ·
Change settings while in motion:
This will allow you to change settings while the car is moving. This is turned on as a safety so turn it off at your own risk obviously. I turned mine off as there were many times I wanted to navigate home, or have my passenger input a destination and simply couldn't because the car was moving.
Source

Code:
Below is the steps to enable blocked settings menu items for Car (General Settings), Media, Phone and Radio

1. From VCDS, select Controller Module 5F-Information Electr.,

2. Enter Security Login code = 20103

3. Under Adaptions, Query for the channels listed below and set the value = NON_BLOCKED (Blocked means, settings not available in motion), for each of them.

IDE11502-ENG127601-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_0
IDE11502-ENG127612-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_11
IDE11502-ENG127613-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_12
IDE11502-ENG127603-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_2
IDE11502-ENG127604-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_3
IDE11502-ENG127608-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_7
IDE11502-ENG127522-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_1
IDE11502-ENG127531-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_10
IDE11502-ENG127532-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_11
IDE11502-ENG127533-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_12
IDE11502-ENG127534-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_13
IDE11502-ENG127536-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_15
IDE11502-ENG127524-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_3
IDE11502-ENG127525-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_4
IDE11502-ENG127526-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_5
IDE11502-ENG127529-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_8
IDE11502-ENG127530-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_9
IDE11502-ENG127545-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_0
IDE11502-ENG127549-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_4
IDE11502-ENG127550-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_5
IDE11502-ENG127551-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_6
IDE11502-ENG127552-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_7
IDE11502-ENG127508-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_3
IDE11502-ENG127509-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_4
IDE11502-ENG127510-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_5
IDE11502-ENG127511-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_6

#96 · (Edited)
Auto Lock

Has anybody got locked out with this one? I got locked out while the engine was running, and had to use my manual key to get back in.

Auto lock when exit

Adaptation
Control unit: B7 Access Startsystem Interface
Name: internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1
Values:
passive_exit_door_slam_lock:
Old value: Not activated
New value: activated
Mileage: 23128 km
Date: 2019-04-24 22:05

Long coding
Values:
easy_close:
Date: 2019-04-24 22:04

#97 ·
Has anybody got locked out with this one? I got locked out while the engine was running, and had to use my manual key to get back in.

Auto lock when exit

Adaptation
Name: internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1
Values:
passive_exit_door_slam_lock:
Date: 2019-04-24 22:05

Long coding
Values:
easy_close:
Date: 2019-04-24 22:04
That's an interesting one. I don't think I'd want it though.

Anyone notice that the rear seat belt buckles have the green chips in them? In theory we should be able to see all 5 seatbelt sensors in the digital cockpit like they get in Europe if we can figure out how to show them.

#107 ·
Work in Progress

I'm slowly gathering parts for the taillights. Pins, Wires, and trying to figure out the coding. I'm not wanting to take my car apart just yet. I'm waiting for the weather to cool down to do that. I think the door cards have to come out to replace the trim. And I need to figure out the connector for the ambient lights, so I don't break it on the dash trim.

#108 ·
I'm slowly gathering parts for the taillights. Pins, Wires, and trying to figure out the coding. I'm not wanting to take my car apart just yet. I'm waiting for the weather to cool down to do that. I think the door cards have to come out to replace the trim. And I need to figure out the connector for the ambient lights, so I don't break it on the dash trim.
Totally understandable- Very excited to see the finished product. I really wanted the wood trim, but I fear it'll clash with the yellow exterior.

#117 ·
:sly: I was under the impression ambient lighting was standard across trims. Maybe check the lighting menu, the dash should have the light strip. and yes, coding changes will give you up to 30 colors.
Congrats on the purchase :thumbup: , feel free to make a new thread with pictures of the new car.

#132 ·
So to join the VCDS club here, is all I need to buy the $199 version:
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/?attribute_pa_hvvin=vin_3

Or is this combo just as good:
https://obdeleven.com/en/home/10-obdeleven-device-0725423005103.html
https://obdeleven.com/en/home/11-activation-0725423005165.html
... but somehow you then need to pay extra (or watch ads) to obtain credits for certain one-click mods?

Will I need the credits?
The credits are needed to use one-click apps.

What is a one-click app?
The one-click app is a prepared functions to enable or disable the car features. The number of one-click apps for your car depends on the car equipment.

#135 · (Edited)
Instructions for Dynamic Road Sign Recognition
1. Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
2. Security Access – Access Code 20103
3. Select Adaptations, then Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
4. Select menu_display_road_sign_identification_0x21, (OR menu_display_traffic_sign_recognition_0x21) and set to Enabled
5. Select Adaptions, Vehicle_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
6. Select menu_display_road_sign_identification (OR menu_display_traffic_sign_recognition), set to Enabled
7. Go Back

8. Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6

9. Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
10. Security Access – Access Code 20103
11. Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4

12. Go into Module 17 Instruments
13. Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2

14. Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
15. Security Access – Access Code 20103
16. Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original is Road Sign Fusion

17. Press and hold infotainment device power button to reboot the infotainment system
Add 2 Adaptations in 5F-Information Electronics
1. Done
2. Done
3. Done
4. Done
5. Done
6. Done
7. Done

Code in 5F-Information Electronics
8. Confused- Mine had (Byte 24, Bit 6) active already- (8C) and there wasn't anything I saw on the Long Coding list (not the actual coding, but the list where you access the coding)

Code in A5-Front Sensor Driver Assistance
9. Done
10. Done
11. Done

Code in 17-Instruments
12. Done
13. Confused- Mine had (Byte 5, bit 2) active already- (C6) but I was able to select "Road Sign Detection," on the Long Coding list (not the actual coding, but the list where you access the coding)

Code in A5-Front Sensor Driver Assistance
14. Done
15. Done
16. Done

Reset MIB-II System
17. Done

I am using OBD eleven.

So, I see the settings in the driver assistance car menu settings now, but there is nothing showing up on the dash. I went for a drive and a few signs went by, but nothing showed up still.

Is this something you guys can assist with? Seems like some have got it. What are you guys seeing for Byte 5 in 17, and for Byte 24 in 5F?

#139 · (Edited)
So, I see the settings in the driver assistance car menu settings now, but there is nothing showing up on the dash. I went for a drive and a few signs went by, but nothing showed up still.

Is this something you guys can assist with? Seems like some have got it. What are you guys seeing for Byte 5 in 17, and for Byte 24 in 5F?
What are you guys seeing for Byte 5 in 17

and for Byte 24 in 5F?