VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

VCDS Mods to US Arteon

323K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  TREGinginCO 
#1 ·
Has anyone made any modifications to their cars yet?

I have a few mods that I am hopping to get completed:

a. Disable Engine On/OFF - done
b. Disable seat belt chimes - done
c. Disable Auto lock all 4 doors when vehicle speed >10km/hr - working on it, any clues?
d. I'd like the electric brake to come on automatically when transmission is placed in park.
e. Lock confirmation beep after 1 not 2 key presses.
f. Disable DRL winking with indicator

Any members interested in starting a thread on VCDS mods and how to do them?

#136 ·
using the apps I was able to do:

1. Remote functionality with ignition on
2. LKAS steering wheel vibration
3. Windows/sunroof open/close with remote
4. Refuel amount needed in gallons on MFD
5. Driver school mode- speed and turn signals on car display
6. Gauge needle sweep upon startup
7. Digital cockpit MFD dots theme
8. Auto fan speed light
9. Permanent tail lamps- Scandinavian DRLs
10. Auto high beam memory
11. ACC settings in HU with gap memory
12. DRL on/off in HU
13. LKAS sensitivity settings in HU
14. Digital cockpit theme set to alltrack- for classic needles
15. Accelerator pedal response set to responsive over standard
16. XDS intensity settings set to medium over standard
17. 30 color ambient lighting
18. Door alarm off when door open

OBD eleven is worth it.

#243 · (Edited)
This is my list; 1-20 are OBDeleven Apps

1. Remote functionality with ignition on
2. LKAS steering wheel vibration
3. Windows/sunroof open/close with remote
4. Refuel amount needed in gallons on MFD
5. Driver school mode- speed and turn signals on car display
6. Gauge needle sweep upon startup
7. Digital cockpit MFD dots theme
8. Auto fan speed light
9. Permanent tail lamps- Scandinavian DRLs
10. Auto high beam memory
11. ACC settings in HU with gap memory
12. DRL on/off in HU
13. LKAS sensitivity settings in HU
14. Digital cockpit theme set to alltrack- for classic needles
15. Accelerator pedal response set to responsive over standard
16. XDS intensity settings set to medium over standard
17. 10 color ambient lighting
18. Comfort turn signal changed from 3 to 4 blinks
19. Overtaking Assistance added
20. Engineering menu added

21. Coded Active Lane Tracking
22. Coded Dynamic Road Sign Info
23. Coded mirror puddle lights on even when folded
24. Working on adding WLAN and Media Control
Updating my list so I can keep track

#137 ·
Wow, interesting!
A few q's:

"ACC settings in HU with gap memory"
- Does this mean that the ACC gap allows go back to the most recent setting? (I find the min gap to be absolutely perfect, and anything more than that invites other drivers to cut in.)

"LKAS steering wheel vibration"
- This is ... shaking the steering wheel (like when not heeding the blind spot warning) even for small adjustment to keep the car from drifting out of its lane?

"Refuel amount needed in gallons on MFD"
- This ... how far short of full the gas tank is?

"Driver school mode- speed and turn signals on car display"
- Since the speed can already be displayed, this just reminds you that ... you're signaling?

"Auto fan speed light"
- This is for ... the climate control system?

#165 ·
Making these changes will allow the car to accelerate when ACC is engaged. If you change lanes with ACC is doesn’t accelerate quickly to pass/overtake the car on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#171 ·
1. Control Module 09

2. Adaptation

3. Int. light, 2nd generation - Instrumententafelbeleuchtung mehrfarbig: (not active) > active

4. Interior light, light configuration - Ambient_Farbliste_HMI: (not active) > Active

5. Ambient Light Color List: (0) > Set your RGB Values for all 10(or 30) Colour options (Rotwert = Red, Gruenwert - Green, Blauwert = Blue)

VN]_Interior_light_lamp_configuration:
[LO]_Ambient_Farbliste_HMI: [VN]_active
[
VN]_Ambience_lightning_color_list: or Ambientelicht Farbliste
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 1: 217
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 1: 221
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 1: 235
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 2: 169
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 2: 169
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 2: 169
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 3: 247
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 3: 247
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 3: 56
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 4: 242
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 4: 0
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 4: 40
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 5: 254
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 5: 88
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 5: 240
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 6: 124
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 6: 63
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 6: 190
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 7: 0
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 7: 102
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 7: 255
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 8: 0
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 8: 204
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 8: 255
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 9: 0
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 9: 204
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 9: 0
[LO]_Rotwert Farbe 10: 136
[LO]_Gruenwert Farbe 10: 255
[LO]_Blauwert Farbe 10: 57

These are my personal colors. These are the RGB values Rotwert (Red), Gruenwert (Green), and Blauwert (Blue). All the 1s with 1s and so on. I’ll try to find the color list I built. I found values for GTI Red, Habanero orange, etc

#199 · (Edited)
@ice4life I took a swing at AFS using OBD11:

I was able to recalibrate the headlight controller, to get rid of the AFS error.
I haven't tested the changes in beam patterns though; it was just a curiosity since you guys were talking about it.

btw module 55 doesn't work in my car. I did the recalibration on 4B. let me know if you want a screenshot.

@Reihenmotor5 Is there anything else I need to code for this feature?

#200 ·
You can code rain light. I have fogs so I didn’t need to code all weather.

Byte 11

Enable Intersection light with route data

For highway light to actually work go to Byte 12

Enable highway_light

#202 ·
We do but very limited, see the video above that’ll give you an idea of what the coding I’ve provided will turn on for you. Here in the states it’s limited unlike in European models.

#208 · (Edited)
Yes on my Tiguan, same coding should work since they share the same platform. Earlier in the thread I gave steps and a link to a video as to what you’ll experience when turned on compared to the limited version we are given here in the states.

This is not matrix AFS though since in the states our lights are not equipped with shutters.

#219 ·
Go to the Ross Tech Vag Com thread where I posted instructions and go back to post #351 and read to 354. This will help clear the errors. Here is also MrSmith4 replying in my inbox after he cleared the errors using those steps SAVVV found.

#232 ·

Found it, it was start and stop. Now when I did my changes the language in that drop down was different in the older version of VCDS.

Not sure how you’d need to clear the errors caused by the first drop down option.

#254 ·
You can code for a pseudo TJA, but because of the states it won’t work under 40 mph with the lane assist portion.

#262 ·
Alright, I am still experimenting with adding WLAN to the MIB-II headunit. I got a little further than I did previously, and now I have the WLAN menu (albeit greyed out), as well as the Media Control menu (which says no WLAN). On the MIB-I units, Discover Media (smaller nav) and Discover Pro (larger nav) had the WLAN antenna embedded into the bluetooth antenna, and the smaller unit just needed it to be activated.

With the MIB-II headunits, I am not sure why it is different. I have coded and added adaptations, but it truly appears the system does not support it. The only other thing I am going to try, is to go into the engineering menu and see if there is anything in there that I can activate.

#270 ·
Alright, I am still experimenting with adding WLAN to the MIB-II headunit. I got a little further than I did previously, and now I have the WLAN menu (albeit greyed out), as well as the Media Control menu (which says no WLAN). On the MIB-I units, Discover Media (smaller nav) and Discover Pro (larger nav) had the WLAN antenna embedded into the bluetooth antenna, and the smaller unit just needed it to be activated.

With the MIB-II headunits, I am not sure why it is different. I have coded and added adaptations, but it truly appears the system does not support it. The only other thing I am going to try, is to go into the engineering menu and see if there is anything in there that I can activate.

An update on the WLAN; Looks like the Atlas has a different internal module, but they might be swappable..

Arteon 3Q0 035 876 B
Atlas 3QF 035 876 A

You can see WLAN and BT MAC adress. Atlas module:

Arteon module without WLAN MAC:

Arteon BT module is UGZZF2
https://fccid.io/CWTUGZZF2

Atlas WIFI/BT module is UGZZF1
https://fccid.io/CWTUGZZF1

#272 ·
Been trying to get the SSPL to work. When I code it, it only activates the front light, not the rear. I cannot find the adapatation to turn on the rear light as well.

SSPL is for parallel parking- you turn on the parking lamps f/r on the side of the car that is out in the street, by turning the signal on when the car is off in the direction of the side you want illuminated. They use them in europe. They will time out after 30 mins to protect the battery, but you can change that length in module 09 as well.

Single Side Parking Light
9-Central Electronics; Security code 31347
Adaptations
Driving light and parking light
Parklicht ueber LSS aktiviert (Außenlicht_uebergreifend-Parklicht ueber LSS aktiviert) set to one-sided

Only the front light bar is enabled, anyone know how to get the rear parking light as well?

#286 ·
Reih/Ice,

If possible, could you please post the long code you have for 4B? I noticed on my drive home last night my AFS acting a bit strange and I don't know why.

1. When taking right turns, I twice noticed the lights start to turn and then immediately go back to center for some reason, right at the start of the turn. Not sure why it would do this.

2. When sitting at a red light behind another care, my right headlight just kept moving back and forth, for no reason. I wasn't touching the wheel or even moving, so I'm not sure why it did that.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something in my coding and my lights are acting a bit wonky.