Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: WTB: Engine Bay Zip Ties + Bolts

1. Member
      06-21-2019 11:33 AM #1
      Hey guys,

I'm putting together my '92 SLC and a lot of the OEM zip ties were cut or broken at some point. Does anyone have any spare used (or a link to new) zip ties that mount to the small studs in the engine bay? (1st pic)

I'm also looking for the wiring harness clips that mount near the base of the passenger side strut tower that also mount to threaded studs. (3rd pic)

I also need an interior clip, if is one of the reusable wiring harness clips that are mounted near the drivers side and passenger side front seat mounts. Typically the heated seat wiring and other chassis wiring passes through them. I need 2 of those I believe. (2nd pic)

Lastly, I need the two bolts that mount the lower radiator support to the chassis. I believe its 1x 13mm hex head bolt for each side.

Any help is appreciated

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '93 Corrado Slc
      06-21-2019 12:04 PM #2

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado | '62 Harley Panhead
      06-21-2019 02:13 PM #3
      I could be wrong, but I believe what you are referring to in Pic 3 is just one of those screw post cable ties that holds the pass side of teh headlight harness as it comes down from just below the pass side rain tray. No?

I know I have some of those ties and probably the interior ones as well. I probably have the 2 bolts too, but they are M10 x 25mm. My Local Indep. Ace Hardware has everything, FYI!

Good to know that link for the new ties though.

If I have what you need you can have it. Just LMK if you want used.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      06-24-2019 02:02 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by 503ckd View Post
      Sweet! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sdezego View Post
      I could be wrong, but I believe what you are referring to in Pic 3 is just one of those screw post cable ties that holds the pass side of teh headlight harness as it comes down from just below the pass side rain tray. No?

I know I have some of those ties and probably the interior ones as well. I probably have the 2 bolts too, but they are M10 x 25mm. My Local Indep. Ace Hardware has everything, FYI!

Good to know that link for the new ties though.

If I have what you need you can have it. Just LMK if you want used.
      PM sent. I believe you are correct, those might just be threaded cable ties. I can't tell as the PO cut just about every one of them.

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado | '62 Harley Panhead
      06-25-2019 01:03 PM #5
      I just looked on one of my cars, and the PS Headlight harness goes through the plastic cap that has one nut all the way at the bottom of the shock tower near the frame horn and behind where the fuel lines come out. Looks like you have that in place.

What goes on that stud on the shock tower is that 3 way plastic clip that the fuel lines clip into. I probably have one of those as well if you don't.

- So, I looked and I have a few of the zip ties that screw onto the studs.
      - I have the 2 bolts for the Rad support
      - I have 2 of the interior open cable ties for the seat harnesses, however those are missing the piece that clip into the body and hold them in place. They are virtually impossible to get them out w/o breaking that peice because they are blind holes in the body and the clip is self expanding. I tried. You can still use them, but you will need to use an interior self expanding push pin to hold them against the body.

Anyway, send you a pic. If you want what I have, it's yours gratis.

S

8. Member
      06-27-2019 12:14 AM #6
      1985 Volkswagen Jetta - 1986 Volkswagen Jetta GL (Sold) - 1987 Volkswagen Jetta GL (Sold) - 1988 Volkswagen Jetta GLi - 1989 Volkswagen Jetta GL - 1990 Volkswagen Jetta Carat (Crushed) - 1992 Volkswagen Jetta GL ECOdiesel - 1986 Volkswagen Quantum Syncro Wagon - 1987 Volkswagen Quantum Syncro Wagon - 1988 Volkswagen Vanagon GL