Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Vehicles
      2019 VW e-Golf SE
      07-01-2019 04:25 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Revolver1966 View Post
      Park assist will be indicated by the button by the gear shift. If a car has lane assist it will have park assist because both require the hardware that lets the computer turn the steering wheel without a human’s hands.

The sensors for lane departure warning and park pilot (the beeping when close to objects) uses the same tech. This is what VW USA offered on the 2015 GTI for example.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.
      I didn't realize that the DAP on my SE was not the same as the DAP on the SEL. Really wish the salesperson knew more about these cars. I swear, every time I go to a dealership, I'm the most informed person there.

I'm considering retrofitting the Lane Assist Camera on my SE. Looks straightforward. I believe the hardware for the steering wheel is already there. Anyone care to post an Autoscan of their 2019 SEL with DAP so I can compare?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 e-Golf SEL, 2016 e-Golf SEL
      07-01-2019 04:41 PM #27
      The sensors for lane departure warning and park pilot (the beeping when close to objects) uses the same tech.
      By lane departure warning, do you mean the blind spot monitor on the mirror or the ability to steer you back into lane if you drift out of lane? The ParkPilot sensors are definitely not used for the latter. I may have misunderstood though and you may be referring to the ability for the vehicle to prevent you from lane changing into an occupied lane, in which case you're correct as that's part of the blind spot monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by toasters
      I'm considering retrofitting the Lane Assist Camera on my SE. Looks straightforward. I believe the hardware for the steering wheel is already there. Anyone care to post an Autoscan of their 2019 SEL with DAP so I can compare?
      I'm happy to share the data. Which do you specifically need? Just a scan of the camera module? Or a full backup read of the car?
      Last edited by sparklebeard; 07-01-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Vehicles
      2016 GTI SE Performance 3-Door in Pure White
      07-01-2019 06:23 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by sparklebeard View Post
      By lane departure warning, do you mean the blind spot monitor on the mirror or the ability to steer you back into lane if you drift out of lane? The ParkPilot sensors are definitely not used for the latter. I may have misunderstood though and you may be referring to the ability for the vehicle to prevent you from lane changing into an occupied lane, in which case you're correct as that's part of the blind spot monitoring.
      Correction on my part, the old DAP has the front assist warning. Where it will beep if a car is stopped ahead. Anywho yeah some cars basically have passive assist (beeps when leaving a lane, when someone is braking, etc) others like ours have active systems (car steers itself and brakes itself).

Last edited by Revolver1966; 07-01-2019 at 10:19 PM.
      Mk7 Golf GTI SE 3-Door Performance Pack, Dynamic Chassis Control, Doppelkupplungsgetriebe, Lighting & Driver Assistance Package
      Mods: APR Stage 1 Low v2.0, Euro LED tails, Euro light switch, ECS carbon fiber paddles, ECS flush spacer kit, K&N filter, VAGCOM tweaks (to VAQ/DAP/etc.)
      Gone Mk6 Golf GTI 3-Door DSG (APR Stage 1+, APR CAI, etc)

Vehicles
      07-01-2019 10:20 PM #29
      VW UK has a good bit of info on the different systems offered on the Golf

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technol...ver-assistance

Mk7 Golf GTI SE 3-Door Performance Pack, Dynamic Chassis Control, Doppelkupplungsgetriebe, Lighting & Driver Assistance Package
      Mods: APR Stage 1 Low v2.0, Euro LED tails, Euro light switch, ECS carbon fiber paddles, ECS flush spacer kit, K&N filter, VAGCOM tweaks (to VAQ/DAP/etc.)

Vehicles
      2019 VW e-Golf SE
      07-02-2019 07:15 PM #30
      I'm happy to share the data. Which do you specifically need? Just a scan of the camera module? Or a full backup read of the car?
      I was looking for a full read of the car to make sure that my steering wheel control module/CAN gateway/etc are all compatible. Really just interested in the hardware/coding differences so that I can make sure this is actually possible before I start buying hardware.

Also, I'll probably want to bug you with ODIS help if I do this to enable TJA...I only have VCDS.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 e-Golf SEL, 2016 e-Golf SEL
      07-03-2019 09:40 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by toasters View Post
      I was looking for a full read of the car to make sure that my steering wheel control module/CAN gateway/etc are all compatible. Really just interested in the hardware/coding differences so that I can make sure this is actually possible before I start buying hardware.

Also, I'll probably want to bug you with ODIS help if I do this to enable TJA...I only have VCDS.
      Sure no problem, PM me your email address

A couple of excerpts, in case it helps anyone else:

Camera
      Code:
      Adressword : A5
      Name : Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
      VAG no. : 3Q0980654H
      Description : R242 MQB_B_MFK
      SW version : 0272
      Coding : 000307000000020100222354C15689008C000E200120 Comm.mode : UDS, EV_MFKBoschMQBB 001001
      HW: 3Q0980654A
      DataSet: V03935291VM
      No faults found
      ECU scanning finished
      ACC
      Code:
      Adressword : 13
      Name : Adaptive Cruise Control
      VAG no. : 5Q0907572P
      Description : J428 ACC BOSCH MQB
      SW version : 0682
      Coding : 7D0043C15DFFC728949C810580401600000000000000000004 Comm.mode : UDS, EV_ACCBOSCHVW416 002008
      HW: 5Q0907572J
      DataSet: V03935268ZM
      Errors found
      000814 (U112300) Databus error value received (FAULT_TSK_IRREV_FAIL)
      ECU scanning finished
      Gateway
      Code:
      Adressword : 19
      Name : Gateway
      VAG no. : 3Q0907530AB
      Description : J533 GW MQB EV
      SW version : 6366
      Coding : 0201001704F81000FB001210081D00000001070100070000000300000000 Comm.mode : UDS, EV_GatewNF 013025
      HW: 3Q0907530D
      DataSet: V03935295FZ
      SLAVE[1] Part number: 5Q0915181K J367-BDMHella SW: 9070 HW: 5Q0915181K Coding : N/A
      SLAVE[2] Part number: 5G0959442AB E221__MFL-DC1 SW: 0052 HW: 5G0959442AB Coding : 2CFFFF
      No faults found
      ECU scanning finished
      Power Steering
      Code:
      Adressword : 44
      Name : Steering Assistance
      VAG no. : 5Q0909144AB
      Description : J500 EPS_MQB_ZFLS
      SW version : 1082
      Coding : D3020000
      Comm.mode : UDS, EV_SteerAssisMQB 015157 HW: 5Q0909144AA
      DataSet: V03935287ZK
      No faults found
      ECU scanning finished
      Multifunction Module
      Code:
      Adressword : 4B
      Name : Multifunction Module
      VAG no. : 3Q0907338C
      Description : J745 FCM MQB Low
      SW version : 0345
      Coding : 000000050900054A00310F01040000000000000000000000000000000000 Comm.mode : UDS, EV_MultiModulContiVW48X 002006
      HW: 3Q0907338C
      DataSet: V03935287QX
      Errors found
      000023 (U12EB00) Data bus front light Additional installations detected (CAN_AFS_multiple_plug_LCM_identified) 000025 (U12EB00) Data bus front light Additional installations detected (CAN_AFS_multiple_plug_LED_Leimo_identified)
      ECU scanning finished
      Last edited by sparklebeard; 07-03-2019 at 10:52 AM.

8. 08-13-2019 01:49 AM #32
      Can the SE (not SEL) with Driver Assistance Package handle stop-and-go traffic with the adaptive cruise control on? For instance, in my CR-V, the ACC will bring the car all the way down to a complete stop if necessary, and will continue to follow the car in front if the stop is for less than 3 seconds. Past 3 seconds, I just press resume or tap the gas pedal and car continues following.

Or is this something that has to be coded on on the SE w/ DAP?

Vehicles
      08-13-2019 02:29 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by simscitizen View Post
      Can the SE (not SEL) with Driver Assistance Package handle stop-and-go traffic with the adaptive cruise control on? For instance, in my CR-V, the ACC will bring the car all the way down to a complete stop if necessary, and will continue to follow the car in front if the stop is for less than 3 seconds. Past 3 seconds, I just press resume or tap the gas pedal and car continues following.

Or is this something that has to be coded on on the SE w/ DAP?
      This is a simple coding via VCDS/VAGCOM. However if you don’t hit the brake the car will pull away after 3 seconds (following a stern warning on the dash). The hold function requires the electronic parking brake which only comes in the R and eGolf.

True “Traffic Jam Assist” simply allows adaptive lane tracking to function from 0 mph as well. Currently lane assist only engages at 40 mph and that can’t be changed with VCDS/VAGCOM alone.

Ex: on a recent Audi/VW club drive (was following another member and had others behind me) I went through town, took two right turns and hit a red light (crept at 1mph then stopped for 2-3 seconds) all without touching the gas or brakes.

Anyways yeah you’ll have the most important feature of traffic jam assist but not the full “hands off, feet off” system.

Last edited by Revolver1966; 08-13-2019 at 02:37 PM.

10. 08-15-2019 12:27 PM #34
      Thanks for the info. I'm specifically asking about the eGolf SE w/ DAP. Based on what you've said and what I've gathered elsewhere, it sounds like this is true:

1. The ACC can be coded to go down to 0 mph and hold at 0 mph (since the eGolf has an electric brake). I'm not sure how to resume the ACC from that point, is it a tap of the gas or hitting resume to get it going again?
      2. The SE has no side camera so you don't get any of the lane assist features of Traffic Jam Assist.

Does this sound right?

Vehicles
      08-15-2019 06:49 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by simscitizen View Post
      Thanks for the info. I'm specifically asking about the eGolf SE w/ DAP. Based on what you've said and what I've gathered elsewhere, it sounds like this is true:

1. The ACC can be coded to go down to 0 mph and hold at 0 mph (since the eGolf has an electric brake). I'm not sure how to resume the ACC from that point, is it a tap of the gas or hitting resume to get it going again?
      2. The SE has no side camera so you don't get any of the lane assist features of Traffic Jam Assist.

Does this sound right?
      Do you have ACC? If you have ACC (at least in the US) you’ll have lane assist. If you have lane assist you have the hardware for traffic jam assist but it requires a different tool than VCDS to enable lane assist below 40 mph.

If you enable 3 second hold it will go down to 0 and stay there for 3 seconds. After that it’ll pull away if you don’t hit the brake. Since ACC doesn’t work on stationary objects you’ll either run into the car in front of you or the emergency braking will kick in and slam you to a halt. Haven’t tried to see which reaction occurs because I don’t want to risk it.

Last edited by Revolver1966; 08-15-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Vehicles
      2019 VW e-Golf SE
      08-16-2019 06:19 PM #36
      Do you have ACC? If you have ACC (at least in the US) you’ll have lane assist. If you have lane assist you have the hardware for traffic jam assist but it requires a different tool than VCDS to enable lane assist below 40 mph.

If you enable 3 second hold it will go down to 0 and stay there for 3 seconds. After that it’ll pull away if you don’t hit the brake. Since ACC doesn’t work on stationary objects you’ll either run into the car in front of you or the emergency braking will kick in and slam you to a halt. Haven’t tried to see which reaction occurs because I don’t want to risk it.

Not true. The e-Golf SE with DAP does not have lane assist. Extra hardware is required to add lane assist and enable TJA.

As for the original question: The e-Golf SE with DAP does not require any extra coding to allow ACC to work all the way down to 0 mph. Mine will bring me to a full stop and start again (within 3 seconds) with no coding or additional hardware. If you're stopped for more than 3 seconds, just tap the gas and the car does the rest.

This was a joy driving home from the airport yesterday in rush-hour traffic. Didn't touch the gas or brake the entire way home.

Vehicles
      08-19-2019 11:40 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by toasters View Post
      Not true. The e-Golf SE with DAP does not have lane assist. Extra hardware is required to add lane assist and enable TJA.

As for the original question: The e-Golf SE with DAP does not require any extra coding to allow ACC to work all the way down to 0 mph. Mine will bring me to a full stop and start again (within 3 seconds) with no coding or additional hardware. If you're stopped for more than 3 seconds, just tap the gas and the car does the rest.

This was a joy driving home from the airport yesterday in rush-hour traffic. Didn't touch the gas or brake the entire way home.
      Ahh. The SEL seems to have the hardware for lane assist.
      Anyways yeah ACC w/stop and go is awesome.
      VW must’ve added that feature in recent years. Mine is a 2016 GTI.

14. Yesterday 10:20 PM #38
      Not sure what everyone is talking about, my SE with driver assist package came with traffic jam assist. I just put on cruise control and it does adaptive cruise all the way to a stop. within 3 sec it will start from a stop. if it is more than 3 sec I just tap the accelerator and it does the rest. No mods, just works. In Massachusetts, purchased in July.

Vehicles
      Today 01:04 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by bravo01234 View Post
      Not sure what everyone is talking about, my SE with driver assist package came with traffic jam assist. I just put on cruise control and it does adaptive cruise all the way to a stop. within 3 sec it will start from a stop. if it is more than 3 sec I just tap the accelerator and it does the rest. No mods, just works. In Massachusetts, purchased in July.
      What year is yours? DAP in 2016 seems to have been more consistent. It was half-assed in 2015 & 2017+ cars it seems the number of features is more trim-dependent.

Last edited by Revolver1966; Today at 01:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12