VWVortex.com - What are my clean classy tail light options?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: What are my clean classy tail light options?

1. 06-25-2019 12:06 PM #1
      I wouldnt mind an upgraded Audi style look to my GLI tails. I want to keep the car smooth, clean, and classy. I'm a minimalist, less in more in my opinion. I'm not looking for tinted, or cheesed out LEDs. I also prefer plug n play. Can anyone recommend any and with possible pics on a car? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Jetta SEL - Pure White / 2016 Jetta SEL - Platinum Gray
      06-25-2019 12:40 PM #2
      I've been searching for the same thing myself... I'm a little nervous to play with the taillights because, 1. I have Adaptive Cruise and Front Assist; I've heard that playing with the taillights can disable them. 2. I thought about just replacing the bulbs with LED's and adding load resistors, but watching a few videos and reading some articles I've found they get extremely hot and pose a fire hazard. I would love to find something plug and play, but can't really fathom spending more than $700. I have seen the foreign ones on ebay, but I'm a little nervous to try them. I'm hoping a senior member has some advice or opinions.

Vehicles
      '13 2.0L
      06-25-2019 01:03 PM #3
      I was going to get these a while ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...F7G43XA2&psc=1

But decided my money was best spent elsewhere. Not OEM, obviously, but the videos and picture of them look good and they're plug and play. There are a few other vendors on amazon with the same product if you wanted to go with that one.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 06-25-2019 03:27 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ArminRad View Post
      I was going to get these a while ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...F7G43XA2&psc=1

But decided my money was best spent elsewhere. Not OEM, obviously, but the videos and picture of them look good and they're plug and play. There are a few other vendors on amazon with the same product if you wanted to go with that one.
      So far these are the best ones I've seen. Just not sure if I'm into the LED looking yellow strip. I saw a similar style tail lights except the solid red strip was the same pattern but at the bottom of the tail light instead of middle. But I have not seen those anywhere so far. I'll have to try and post a pic up of the guys car. I found it on one of the posts on here.