VWVortex.com - What did you do today to your Arteon?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What did you do today to your Arteon?

Vehicles
      i just want ALL the cars...
      09-12-2019 09:33 AM #76
      tuned my Arteon with APR, got the APR Plus - so basically stage I low torque with an increase of 85 horsepower and 95 torque. bringing me to a stout, golf r beating 360hp and 350 torque.
      90 G60 stage IV BBM Corrado SOLD : 97 BMW 328i - full SCCA spec - SOLD : 05 MINI Cooper S - full SCCA spec - SOLD : 12 GLI SE - non-sunroof - static slammed that everyone thought i was riding air - SOLD : 16 GTI SE DSG.LP - APR stage I+ SOLD : 16 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion SOLD : 18 Tiguan SE 4Motion SOLD : 17 Jetta GLI SE - SOLD : 19 Atlas SEL 4Motion - Wife's Daily : 19 Arteon SEL-P R-Line 4Motion - APR Stage I tuned - Daily

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-12-2019 10:03 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Coly8s View Post
      Well I've searched for one and I can't find a part number for an Arteon one. Likely they used one for a different model for yours too, as I've yet to see a specific one and most I've heard were just mounted with two screws like they did with mine. If I'm mistaken and you have a part number, I hope uou share with the group.
      Just registered it a few days ago. When my plates come in next week and I swap everything over I will take pics. It was in a bag with the front plate mount (which I'm not using but kept), so I doubt it's from a different model.

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-12-2019 11:23 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by SDArteon View Post
      Swapped out mirror caps for silver-chrome, looks smart against the metallic blue.

Part numbers

3G0 857 537 E 3Q7 Lhd drivers side
      3G0 857 538 E 3Q7 passenger side.

https://www.oemvwshop.com/search/?q=3G0857537E

Looks nice! So how much were they, like $250 shipped? Also how easy were they to install?
      Last edited by ice4life; 09-12-2019 at 02:37 PM.

5. n00b
      Vehicles
      2019 Arteon SEL R-Line 2019 Tiguan SE 2016 Tiguan SE
      09-12-2019 11:29 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Willh20 View Post
      Hi all,
      Brand new here. Picked up SEL-P RLine with 4Motion.
      Immediately tinted the windows with ceramic UV protection, picked up the custom sunshield, added the black spoiler option, and had the dealer install a clear bra protectant on the bumpers and side mirrors.

Made the dealer add on the coat hanger accessory for the driver side seat. I know, weird... But I have a sports jacket on most days.

Down in South Texas and am looking for a solution for the front license plate that doesn't require drilling, similar to what was stated earlier in the thread. The tow hooks are out it seems due to the radar sensors.

Anyone tried rare earth magnets or tape?

I can't speak regarding whether or not it will interfere with the parking sensors as I have an SEL R-Line however I literally ended up with a ~$5 solution after researching the crap out of different front plate mounting options many of which were expensive. I used the front plate holder that came with the car and turned it upside down so the one side that does not have a lip is at the top, that way the holes in the bracket line up with the bumper properly when attaching it with the zip ties and the screws which slightly protrude the back of the bracket touch nothing. I used two 14 inch zip ties (one on each side going through the two holes in the bracket) and two 3/8 inch wood screws for the two holes in the top of the plate to screw into the bracket. It has been car wash tested and high speed highway tested several times and is holding solid! Hope this help somebody cause this was a PITA trying to figure out a good solution without desecrating the bumper!!! Looks good and no holes, drilling or otherwise required. New to posting to this site so will see if I can get a picture posted.

6. 09-12-2019 11:36 AM #80
      Awesome! How is the car feeling after the tune? I would think a lot more peppy Also does the transmission seem to handle the extra power with out any hiccups?

Quote Originally Posted by vdubs kopfschuss GLI View Post
      tuned my Arteon with APR, got the APR Plus - so basically stage I low torque with an increase of 85 horsepower and 95 torque. bringing me to a stout, golf r beating 360hp and 350 torque.

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-12-2019 11:37 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by woodyjdub View Post
      I can't speak regarding whether or not it will interfere with the parking sensors as I have an SEL R-Line however I literally ended up with a ~$5 solution after researching the crap out of different front plate mounting options many of which were expensive. I used the front plate holder that came with the car and turned it upside down so the one side that does not have a lip is at the top, that way the holes in the bracket line up with the bumper properly when attaching it with the zip ties and the screws which slightly protrude the back of the bracket touch nothing. I used two 14 inch zip ties (one on each side going through the two holes in the bracket) and two 3/8 inch wood screws for the two holes in the top of the plate to screw into the bracket. It has been car wash tested and high speed highway tested several times and is holding solid! Hope this help somebody cause this was a PITA trying to figure out a good solution without desecrating the bumper!!! Looks good and no holes, drilling or otherwise required. New to posting to this site so will see if I can get a picture posted.

Wow that sounds like a legitimate solution. Plz do post a pic. Use imgur.com as the hosting site and right click, copy image location, and then paste the link within these brackets (below) to get it to display on vortex!

[img] [/img]

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-12-2019 11:38 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubs kopfschuss GLI View Post
      You seemed concerned in the apr thread that the tune didn't take. Has it been a little better since?

Vehicles
      i just want ALL the cars...
      09-12-2019 11:52 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      You seemed concerned in the apr thread that the tune didn't take. Has it been a little better since?
      after discussing what my boost numbers should be with the tune (27-29psi) and i am running a 28.7psi it should be there. honestly the long gears of our 8 speed is most likely the blame for making it feel the way it does.

im going to be going to our local drag strip either this weekend or the next, and get some test and tune and logs run on the car. see what happens from there.
      90 G60 stage IV BBM Corrado SOLD : 97 BMW 328i - full SCCA spec - SOLD : 05 MINI Cooper S - full SCCA spec - SOLD : 12 GLI SE - non-sunroof - static slammed that everyone thought i was riding air - SOLD : 16 GTI SE DSG.LP - APR stage I+ SOLD : 16 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion SOLD : 18 Tiguan SE 4Motion SOLD : 17 Jetta GLI SE - SOLD : 19 Atlas SEL 4Motion - Wife's Daily : 19 Arteon SEL-P R-Line 4Motion - APR Stage I tuned - Daily

10. n00b
      Vehicles
      09-12-2019 11:56 AM #84
      [QUOTE=ice4life;113705595]Wow that sounds like a legitimate solution. Plz do post a pic. Use imgur.com as the hosting site and right click, copy image location, and then paste the link within these brackets (below) to get it to display on vortex!

[img] [/img][/QUOTE

Thanks Ice....now let's see if it works!! This is the only good pic I have right now....if helpful I can remove the plate to show how it is attached behind the plate
      https://imgur.com/a/ADxLnNQ

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-12-2019 11:58 AM #85
      Wow that sounds like a legitimate solution. Plz do post a pic. Use imgur.com as the hosting site and right click, copy image location, and then paste the link within these brackets (below) to get it to display on vortex!

[img] [/img]
      Thanks Ice....now let's see if it works!! This is the only good pic I have right now....if helpful I can remove the plate to show how it is attached behind the plate
      Like this. But is your plate covering the front 360 camera?
      Last edited by ice4life; 09-12-2019 at 12:01 PM.

12. n00b
      Vehicles
      09-12-2019 12:09 PM #86
      Like this. But is your plate covering the front 360 camera?
      That was my caveat, I have an SEL R-Line so do not know about the 360 camera or parking sensors. What I can tell you is there is a one (single) sensor behind the grille off to the right of the plate and for the life of me cannot figure out what it is for however I have had the plate on for two weeks and everything is working properly.

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-12-2019 01:50 PM #87
      That was my caveat, I have an SEL R-Line so do not know about the 360 camera or parking sensors. What I can tell you is there is a one (single) sensor behind the grille off to the right of the plate and for the life of me cannot figure out what it is for however I have had the plate on for two weeks and everything is working properly.
      yeah huge caveat i missed- Can't mount it there because our 360 cam is right below the rectangular euro plate filler panel.

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-12-2019 02:06 PM #88
      Well I've searched for one and I can't find a part number for an Arteon one. Likely they used one for a different model for yours too, as I've yet to see a specific one and most I've heard were just mounted with two screws like they did with mine. If I'm mistaken and you have a part number, I hope uou share with the group.
      Just registered it a few days ago. When my plates come in next week and I swap everything over I will take pics. It was in a bag with the front plate mount (which I'm not using but kept), so I doubt it's from a different model.
      I took off my temp tag, and found the part number on the plate mount. The bozos at my dealership (don't get me started) put it on upside down, but here goes:

3A0 943 199; Appears to be for a Jetta VI, which is strange, since it was in the bag with the front arteon one. Here it is for purchase:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ear/3a0943199/
      Last edited by ice4life; 09-12-2019 at 02:38 PM.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion, 2019 Tiguan SEL Premium 4Motion
      09-12-2019 06:17 PM #89
      I took off my temp tag, and found the part number on the plate mount. The bozos at my dealership (don't get me started) put it on upside down, but here goes:

3A0 943 199; Appears to be for a Jetta VI, which is strange, since it was in the bag with the front arteon one. Here it is for purchase:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ear/3a0943199/
      Thanks, I'm happy with the one I bought for ten bucks. It is strange that they don't have a model-specific one and are just using "whatever works" from a different model.

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat Wagon , 2008 Audi S5, 2000 Audi S4, 2004 Passat Wagon, 1998 Passat Wagon, Audi 5000S
      09-12-2019 06:56 PM #90

Looks nice! So how much were they, like $250 shipped? Also how easy were they to install?
      A bit more than that - 279 Euro delivered so $305, but new and OEM. The Mirror glass can be removed with fingers or trim tool and then there are just two tabs the move and the cap slides off. You have to press out the blindspot warning lamp and then swap and re-install. About 45 mins in total.

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-12-2019 07:06 PM #91
      Thanks, I'm happy with the one I bought for ten bucks. It is strange that they don't have a model-specific one and are just using "whatever works" from a different model.
      Welcome to the world of VW where anything goes

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat Wagon , 2008 Audi S5, 2000 Audi S4, 2004 Passat Wagon, 1998 Passat Wagon, Audi 5000S
      09-12-2019 07:10 PM #92
      So I called VW of america a while back about the rear mounting plat and here is the response I got...

1:08:24 Crystal R said:

I understand. So it is at the discretion of the dealership and the state regulations if the mounting pad is something that is to be supplied when purchasing the vehicle. Since this is with the condition in which the vehicle was sold, this is something you should speak with the management team over the dealership about.

If you look in parts24.de, there is a specific mounting pad for the Arteon, I asked the dealership to supply it, but like everything else the request was ignored.

Vehicles
      2019 VW Arteon SEL P R-line, 2012 VW CC EXECUTIVE V6 4-MOTION 08 Rabbit S, 01 Passat v6, 87 Gti 8v
      09-13-2019 09:34 PM #93
      Installed the euro Arteon R-line Steering Wheel , although I forgot to check to see if had heated steering capabilities. Look like I’ll have a Summer wheel and a Winter Wheel.

20. 09-14-2019 07:32 AM #94
      Looks awesome, I had that same exact wheel on my MK7 Golf R I traded in for the Arteon, def was a nice wheel but it was not heated either so maybe they just don't make that model heated anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by sdvolksGTi View Post
      Installed the euro Arteon R-line Steering Wheel , although I forgot to check to see if had heated steering capabilities. Look like I’ll have a Summer wheel and a Winter Wheel.

Vehicles
      2019 Tiguan SE, 2018 A6, 2011 Ranger 4x4
      09-14-2019 01:21 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by sdvolksGTi View Post
      Such a big upgrade. It still baffles how, to this day, VW still decides to put a basic wheel on their flagship models (Arteom/CC), even those with the R-Line package! It’s madness!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234