VWVortex.com - What did you do today to your Arteon?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did you do today to your Arteon?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC R-Line
      08-26-2019 10:57 PM #51
      Are the side mirrors supposed to dip in reverse on the SEL-P R?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      i just want ALL the cars...
      08-27-2019 09:11 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by faroodi View Post
      Are the side mirrors supposed to dip in reverse on the SEL-P R?

not both of them, just the passenger side will dip. and only if you put the mirror adjustment in the right setting, basically you need to move the selector to the symbol with the "R" on it (i believe).

i do not like it very much, it helps if parallel parking, but other than that it was more of a pain than a help.
      90 G60 stage IV BBM Corrado SOLD : 97 BMW 328i - full SCCA spec - SOLD : 05 MINI Cooper S - full SCCA spec - SOLD : 12 GLI SE - non-sunroof - static slammed that everyone thought i was riding air - SOLD : 16 GTI SE DSG.LP - APR stage I+ SOLD : 16 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion SOLD : 18 Tiguan SE 4Motion SOLD : 17 Jetta GLI SE - SOLD : 19 Atlas SEL 4Motion - Wife's Daily : 19 Arteon SEL-P R-Line 4Motion - APR Stage I tuned - Daily

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      08-27-2019 09:17 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubs kopfschuss GLI View Post
      not both of them, just the passenger side will dip. and only if you put the mirror adjustment in the right setting, basically you need to move the selector to the symbol with the "R" on it (i believe).

i do not like it very much, it helps if parallel parking, but other than that it was more of a pain than a help.
      I found that setting the mirror helped. You can set it to where you want it to dip, and how far out to the side you want it. Then it will learn and revert to the same based on memory. That is why it is only on vws with memory modules.

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      08-27-2019 09:20 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by T-Tail View Post
      What did I do today to my Arteon? I bought it! Then I took it straight over to get the windows tinted! How people drive around here in Vegas without tint is beyond me.

I had planned to wait a little while, but the dealer had one of the few NON R-line SEL-P's, so I snatched that sucker up and got a good deal in the process. Pyrite silver on black, which I think looks great.

Glad to join the club!

T
      Welcome to the SEL-P non-rline club. There are a few of us on here and it's extra cool since they discontinued the trim for 2020.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC R-Line
      08-27-2019 09:59 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      I found that setting the mirror helped. You can set it to where you want it to dip, and how far out to the side you want it. Then it will learn and revert to the same based on memory. That is why it is only on vws with memory modules.
      Thanks!!

7. 09-01-2019 07:41 AM #56
      Long coded trailer assist, just for ****s and giggles.

Vehicles
      2019 VW Arteon, 2005 VW Passat
      09-01-2019 02:26 PM #57
      Hi all,
      Brand new here. Picked up SEL-P RLine with 4Motion.
      Immediately tinted the windows with ceramic UV protection, picked up the custom sunshield, added the black spoiler option, and had the dealer install a clear bra protectant on the bumpers and side mirrors.

Made the dealer add on the coat hanger accessory for the driver side seat. I know, weird... But I have a sports jacket on most days.

Down in South Texas and am looking for a solution for the front license plate that doesn't require drilling, similar to what was stated earlier in the thread. The tow hooks are out it seems due to the radar sensors.

Anyone tried rare earth magnets or tape?

Last edited by Willh20; 09-01-2019 at 03:29 PM. Reason: added pics and fixed typos

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Passat, 2010 Passat Sedan, 2010 Passat Wagon, 2019 Arteon
      09-01-2019 05:18 PM #58
      Congrats and welcome to the club.

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-03-2019 01:10 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Willh20 View Post
      Hi all,
      Immediately tinted the windows with ceramic UV protection, picked up the custom sunshield, added the black spoiler option, and had the dealer install a clear bra protectant on the bumpers and side mirrors.

Made the dealer add on the coat hanger accessory for the driver side seat. I know, weird... But I have a sports jacket on most days.

Down in South Texas and am looking for a solution for the front license plate that doesn't require drilling, similar to what was stated earlier in the thread. The tow hooks are out it seems due to the radar sensors.

Nice! I had an identical white one before I got my yellow one. The black spoiler is standard on your trim (SEL premium r line). Hopefully you didn't pay more for it!

Also I'm looking at the sly bracket as an option. Although I don't know if it'll work either because of the sensors and camera.

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat Wagon , 2008 Audi S5, 2000 Audi S4, 2004 Passat Wagon, 1998 Passat Wagon, Audi 5000S
      09-05-2019 11:28 PM #60
      Swapped out mirror caps for silver-chrome, looks smart against the metallic blue.

Part numbers

3G0 857 537 E 3Q7 Lhd drivers side
      3G0 857 538 E 3Q7 passenger side.

https://www.oemvwshop.com/search/?q=3G0857537E

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-06-2019 05:40 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by SDArteon View Post
      Swapped out mirror caps for silver-chrome, looks smart against the metallic blue.

Part numbers

3G0 857 537 E 3Q7 Lhd drivers side
      3G0 857 538 E 3Q7 passenger side.

https://www.oemvwshop.com/search/?q=3G0857537E
      Would love to see this!

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion, 2019 Tiguan SEL Premium 4Motion
      09-10-2019 10:32 AM #62
      Hi all,

Very nice. North Park VW? I got the first SEL-P RLine they sold, back in July, and it looks identical. I have the slate grey seats. I also added an actual license plate mount to the rear because they way they just screwed the plate into the back bumper didn't seem very stable.

Vehicles
      2019 Arteon SE 4 Motion, 2012 CC R Line, 1993 Corrado SLC, 1973 Ford Capri
      09-10-2019 11:48 AM #63
      What did you use for the rear plate mount?

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-10-2019 02:29 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by randyvr6 View Post
      They mounted the one that came with the car to mine.. It's very solid.

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf Sportwagen SE
      09-10-2019 07:27 PM #65
      Hi all,

I used this, slybrackets.com. It only took about 8 minutes to install and looks like it will fit on your vehicle. It works great.

17. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat Wagon , 2008 Audi S5, 2000 Audi S4, 2004 Passat Wagon, 1998 Passat Wagon, Audi 5000S
      09-10-2019 09:24 PM #66
      Would love to see this!

https://www.arteonforums.com/forum/1...rror-caps.html

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Passat, 2010 Passat Sedan, 2010 Passat Wagon, 2019 Arteon
      09-11-2019 12:49 AM #67
      that came out nice

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-11-2019 10:20 AM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Fleuger999 View Post
      I used this, slybrackets.com. It only took about 8 minutes to install and looks like it will fit on your vehicle. It works great.

considering going with sly- but need to measure and talk to them as the 360 cam and park sensors are mounted in the stupidest locations, and I'm not sure I can get the bracket to mount without obstructing them (in multiple different locations).

20. Member vdubs kopfschuss GLI's Avatar
      Vehicles
      i just want ALL the cars...
      09-11-2019 10:24 AM #69
      would the state grant exeptions then to mounting a plate? i mean you could argue that it would make the vehicle not as safe.
      never understood the reason behind having a front plate anyway.

but GL!
      90 G60 stage IV BBM Corrado SOLD : 97 BMW 328i - full SCCA spec - SOLD : 05 MINI Cooper S - full SCCA spec - SOLD : 12 GLI SE - non-sunroof - static slammed that everyone thought i was riding air - SOLD : 16 GTI SE DSG.LP - APR stage I+ SOLD : 16 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion SOLD : 18 Tiguan SE 4Motion SOLD : 17 Jetta GLI SE - SOLD : 19 Atlas SEL 4Motion - Wife's Daily : 19 Arteon SEL-P R-Line 4Motion - APR Stage I tuned - Daily

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Tiguan SEL-P R Line
      09-11-2019 10:32 AM #70
      considering going with sly- but need to measure and talk to them as the 360 cam and park sensors are mounted in the stupidest locations, and I'm not sure I can get the bracket to mount without obstructing them (in multiple different locations).
      I’m pretty sure engineers got together and decided let’s put the parking sensors in the stupidest places possible so people can’t put on aftermarket front license plates. I got a platypus tow plate since on the forums it supposedly doesn’t interfere with the sensors on the Tiguan. WRONG! They don’t slap cars together like this...

Sent while on the run

22. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf Sportwagen SE
      09-11-2019 12:07 PM #71
      I was going to put mine on the far right side (if one is sitting in the driver's seat) but there was some type of sensor there so had to move it over to the left side. I guess as they add more tech there are only so many places to add sensors etc.

23. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09-11-2019 01:02 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by randyvr6 View Post
      I used a BMW plate mount and used mounting screws and double sided tape both. VW should really sell a rear plate mount specifically for the Arteon, but this worked perfectly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vehicles
      Arteon SEL-P
      09-11-2019 01:58 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by Coly8s View Post
      I used a BMW plate mount and used mounting screws and double sided tape both. VW should really sell a rear plate mount specifically for the Arteon, but this worked perfectly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      As I said, they mounted the OEM rear Arteon mount on mine. So not sure why your dealer didn't/ why they're telling you there isn't one for this car.

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09-11-2019 09:20 PM #74
      As I said, they mounted the OEM rear Arteon mount on mine. So not sure why your dealer didn't/ why they're telling you there isn't one for this car.
      Well I've searched for one and I can't find a part number for an Arteon one. Likely they used one for a different model for yours too, as I've yet to see a specific one and most I've heard were just mounted with two screws like they did with mine. If I'm mistaken and you have a part number, I hope uou share with the group.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC R-Line
      09-12-2019 08:04 AM #75
      I tried the Sly but could not get it to work without obstructing some sensor partially. Anyone try magnets?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast