VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do today to your Arteon?

359K views 2K replies 182 participants last post by  lysneb 
#1 · (Edited)
I know you guys have already started with the Mods, lets see what we got!:cool:

#1,313 · (Edited)
Finally got my winter tires and put them on. Ended up installing kumho wintercraft wp72. We’ll see how they do. Most winter tires are on back order and weeks even a month out. had to even cancel my conti Viking contact 7. Hoping these treat me well. Stepped it down to 235/40/19 for better snow traction.

Attachments

#1,326 ·
Finally got my winter tires and put them on. Ended up installing kumho wintercraft wp72. We’ll see how they do. Most winter tires are on back order and weeks even a month out. had to even cancel my conti Viking contact 7. Hoping these treat me well. Stepped it down to 235/40/19 for better snow traction.
Have you been able to use them? I could of used some ST’s the other day! Not a lot of snow but .25” of ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,314 ·
Got a chance this weekend to install the IQ Taillights in my car... they look really good and I like them a lot. I'm considering putting a smoke tint on them to make them go even better with my black car.

Next step is to enable the rear fog light when the switch/cable for it arrive, but that should be considerably easier (since I don't have to take out the panels in the rear hatch anymore).

#1,332 ·
[photo]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oooof that sucks. I had a bubble a month ago as well (I have the 19" Montevideo wheels). Totally forgot about it weeks later and that spot ended up bursting on the highway going 75mph. Scary stuff but luckily had the full sized spare in the back. Make sure you get that specific tire replaced and good luck!

#1,342 ·
Long while ago I added frame extensions to my Quickjack to handle the Arteon.
Finally put it to the test. On the flimziest of excuses - to install puddle lights.:ROFLMAO:

I looked over the underside to see how bad this CPO (spent it's first year in Michigan) was. Not bad.

Reactions: evilpaul
#1,350 ·
I went to Chicane Motorsports in Olathe and Brad there asked me if I wanted the 91 or 93 octane ECU flash. I told him 91, which I assume is the low torque option as I wasn't aware of any 93 octane gas stations where I live. I have since found out that BP/Amoco and Phillips 66 gas stations offer 93 and I have plenty of those around but oh well. He said the 93 flash wasn't that much more power anyways. Sadly, as I was waiting on my car yesterday the news came of that Olathe school shooting. So sad

#1,353 · (Edited)
Installed 000072548N mirror with Homelink. Works great, and still dims my side mirror.

Tapped power off of wiring and added a 5v voltage regulator to a USB plug to power a dash cam.
Used these splice connectors to get 12v from the car when on (brown(-) and black/red(+12v) wires in my 2019)
Used this 5v regulator.
And the mini USB plug and wire from this, snipping off the unused white and orange signal wires.

On a side note, had seen someone recommend using Ontario CA VW for the mirror because it was cheaper than many other VW dealers (and there was a free shipping deal). Getting it delivered was fine, but don't expect any support after the fact. I got a couple other parts in the same order. I ordered an incorrect part and filled out an RMA form to try to return it. Didn't get a reply. Sent an email. No reply. Been nearly 2 weeks now.

Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Hood Trunk Vehicle door

Vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas Computer hardware

Electrical wiring Cable Computer hardware Gas Automotive exterior

Electrical wiring Cable Automotive exterior Bicycle part Auto part

#1,354 ·
On a side note, had seen someone recommend using Ontario CA VW for the mirror because it was cheaper than many other VW dealers (and there was a free shipping deal). Getting it delivered was fine, but don't expect any support after the fact. I got a couple other parts in the same order. I ordered an incorrect part and filled out an RMA form to try to return it. Didn't get a reply. Sent an email. No reply. Been nearly 2 weeks now.
I bought the wrong mirror from them (Ontario VW) initially and wanted to return it for a refund. Sent a couple of e-mails with no response over a week or two. Finally called them on the phone and they were very pleasant and easy to deal with. I guess the guy who runs their parts department just isn't an email kind of guy. 🤷‍♂️

#1,357 ·
As far as I know, if you have a dimming mirror already this should be a direct replacement. Not sure why VW doesn't list this one as a replacement but instead lists a model that disables the auto dimming side mirror. The mirror is slightly larger, but not really noticable. Mine is a 2019, but I believe I've seen people using it on newer models as well.

#1,360 ·
Finally completed my vision of what the car needs to look like. Well 90% of it. I sort of like the way it sits now in 20’s and stock spring but I’m still deliberating eibach springs. But all in all I love the Rotors on the car it transforms it.
Wheel specs are Hartmann 20x9 et40 and 255/35/20 tire.

Attachments

#1,363 ·
So, almost a year into ownership and not having a front license plate, I finally got pulled over and handed a warning... Decided to spring for the Sly Brackets, mentioned by a couple of other folks on here, rather than have to drill. Sad to have the clean front blemished by the plate...

Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Here's an attempt to get a close-up of how it's clamped on one of the slats. Might end up moving it up to the thicker one immediately above.
Gas Kitchen appliance Home appliance Machine Audio equipment

#1,378 ·
I live in a no front plate state but I added a fake vanity plate to mine. I used 3M VHB tape along the chrome strips. I also added 2 self tapping screws and centered them on the chrome strips as well. Probably didn't need the screws but I just wanted that extra measure of security. The chrome strips on the 21+ Arteons are a bit wider and have a groove in the middle of it that somewhat hides the screw holes.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle