VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do today to your Arteon?

359K views 2K replies 182 participants last post by  lysneb 
#1 · (Edited)
I know you guys have already started with the Mods, lets see what we got!:cool:

#247 ·
It's like a 30 second install in the Arteon front doors. Lights are already there.

Tiguan doesn't have the lights from the factory, so you'd have to wire them in. Much different install. Also, the Arteon has a slightly different light compared to the Tig.

#250 · (Edited)
I reluctantly had the front plate installed because I didn't want to wreck the front end. But after finding out the tow hook and no screw mount options wouldn't work with the SEL premium, and after getting a warning from a local cop, I decided to have the dealer mount it.

They mounted it off center (5" from one side and 4" from the other). So I ended up taking it off and remounting it center (4.5" from either side). My OCD was going bonkers, and the fact they just threw it on there was pretty sad, but typical shotty VW service.

I'm actually surprised how it kind of finishes off the front of the car. It is a very sleek mount which goes over the individual chrome strips.

#253 ·
I decided to have the dealer mount it.

They mounted it off center (5" from one side and 4" from the other). So I ended up taking it off and remounting it center (4.5" from either side). My OCD was going bonkers, and the fact they just threw it on there was pretty sad, but typical shotty VW service.
Then why didn't you install it yourself to begin with?? :what:

#267 · (Edited)
Well long story short, I stumbled on a VW Troc wireless Qi charger that fits perfectly in the US Arteon cubby in front of the shifter.

I removed the rubber tray and popped out the factory insert and the Qi charger snaps in perfectly and the rubber mat sets back in and you don’t know it’s there.

I had to remove the side panel of the center console. It was a PITA to get the clips to release. The clip locations are circled in red below.

The harness piggy backs off of the power outlet. I used the rear one as it was easier to access than the one next to the cup holders. You will have to remove the back of the console that contains the rear air vents, etc.

I just ran and zip tied the harness along other ones in the area and the ran it towards the cubby.

It was $70 shipped from China and took about a couple weeks to arrive during the holidays.

https://cutt.ly/drazSSE

We will see how well it works.....

LSIII

#268 ·
Well long story short, I stumbled on a VW Troc wireless Qi charger that fits perfectly in the US Arteon cubby in front of the shifter.

It was $70 shipped from China and took about a couple weeks to arrive during the holidays.

https://cutt.ly/drazSSE

We will see how well it works.....

LSIII

#275 ·
Hey Guys Im new here.

:wave:Hey Guys, Im out in Alpine in San Diego and have yet to see another Arteon, Im perfectly ok with that!! Im loving the exclusivity lol. We have a White SEL-P R-Line 4 Motion. We actually ordered ours and waited a long time for, but it seems worth the wait. Im curious if anyone else ordered there Arteon or just went to the dealership and took what they had? We did not one that might have been sitting at the port for months.

I just had the APR Stage One Tune done, also APR Wheel Spacers 8mm in front and 10mm in the back. I may go a bit bigger but a may lower it and i don't want any issues with rubbing or anything else? Also bought the OEM Aluminum SIde Mirror Caps. Today my OBDeleven Pro came. Im using a Iphone 11 Max Pro for it and iv'e never done anything like this before and i wanted to be able to have more colors for the LED lights inside and a couple other little things, and i gota say it worked so quick and easy with no problems. Id love to be able to get the sign recognition and things like that, that the North American Arteon should have like the rest of the world lol, But i have no idea how to do those kinda things.

#276 ·
:wave:Hey Guys, Im out in Alpine in San Diego and have yet to see another Arteon, Im perfectly ok with that!! Im loving the exclusivity lol. We have a White SEL-P R-Line 4 Motion. We actually ordered ours and waited a long time for, but it seems worth the wait. Im curious if anyone else ordered there Arteon or just went to the dealership and took what they had? We did not one that might have been sitting at the port for months.
Welcome! I found the car with the exact spec I wanted via cars.com, and it was the only one in that configuration within 500 miles of me. I had to drive 150 miles to pick it up from the dealer. :D

I just had the APR Stage One Tune done, also APR Wheel Spacers 8mm in front and 10mm in the back. I may go a bit bigger but a may lower it and i don't want any issues with rubbing or anything else? Also bought the OEM Aluminum SIde Mirror Caps. Today my OBDeleven Pro came. Im using a Iphone 11 Max Pro for it and iv'e never done anything like this before and i wanted to be able to have more colors for the LED lights inside and a couple other little things, and i gota say it worked so quick and easy with no problems. Id love to be able to get the sign recognition and things like that, that the North American Arteon should have like the rest of the world lol, But i have no idea how to do those kinda things.
Nice! How do you like the APR Stage 1? I'm pondering about getting that done too at some point.

Information about sign recognition and other such mods are likely in this thread:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9322317-VCDS-Mods-to-US-Arteon

#278 ·
Thanks, The Stage 1 definitely woke up the car, but i'm pretty sure the transmission is holding it back a little. But so far i'm happy with it. BTW i did the APR Plus Stage One.
We ordered ours from Kearny Mesa VW and waited close to six months for ours to be built and shipped. I was sweating it out lol But we wanted one fresh from the factory. I almost gave up on it and was ready to go buy a Stinger GT2. Glad we didn’t !!

#279 ·
I'm also just about to APR Stage 1 my Arteon... I also was hesitating between the Stinger Gt and Arteon. Which means we do love HPs (MO POWA)
at 359HP (Low Torque) I'm thinking it should be awesome, but is it worth it?
What does your but dyno say? Would you do it again?
Anything special to know? (Lost functions, etc.)

Any info would be appreciated man!
BTW congrats on your new car, it's been 3-4 months with mine and I adore it.

#283 ·
I agree that it's worth it if you have the extra money for it. I paid $1200 for the Tune and the shop that did it was $110. My Auto Stop/Start still works if i want it too lol. So i'm a bit curious now about that one?
Like i said, The tune definitely woke up the car a bit, But IMO the trans is holding it back alot. Guys who installed my tune said that there was nothing out there for the transmission that they knew about yet either.

#287 ·
Thank you all for the answers! I continue to be intrigued and have even more questions! :D

1. How does an APR Plus Stage 1 tune affect the various drive modes -- Eco, Normal, Comfort, Sport?

2. https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb_arteon.html mentions a 30-day money back guarantee:

All APR ECU Upgrades include a 30-day money back guarantee with no questions asked. If for any reason the owner is dissatisfied with the APR ECU Upgrade, they may return to the place of purchase for a full refund, provided they are within the 30 day period from the time of the initial purchase. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the guarantee and are at the discretion of the place of install. APR Plus is included in this guarantee only if a warranty claim has not been submitted.​

If someone tries the APR ECU upgrade but finds that they don't like it and decides to undo it within this 30 day window, would the original Volkswagen warranty be voided?

#288 ·
Buffym, I'm not working at VW but as soon as someone plays with the ECU, the guaranty is gone. The way I see it, if you are hesitant, don't do it. The refund won't give you your guaranty back.

#289 ·
Jesus, lol. I'm sorry, but, people are now complaining that 270 HP is slow????

Listen, I know this car is a bit underpowered for the class it's in, but, the car is, by no means, slow. Just reading a couple of the comments on here about how APR gives the car "effortless acceleration" makes me chuckle. The car accelerates just fine stock, and you should have ZERO problems merging onto a highway. I understand wanting to make the car more fun by chipping, but, please don't make it out to be a dog in stock config. It's not....

#291 ·
Haha you are right sir, but we always want more!
I agree that generally speaking, 268 is plenty.
BUT I drive mainly (for work) on a 1 lane highway. I'm do need to overtake slower cars everyday. At highway speed, the 2L 4banger turbo engine lacks in power I think. Going from 170hp (1.8T Passat) to 268, I thought overtaking would be a piece of cake.
It's definitely way better than the passat, but not as fast as I thought it would be.