VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do today to your Arteon?

359K views 2K replies 182 participants last post by  lysneb 
#1 · (Edited)
I know you guys have already started with the Mods, lets see what we got!:cool:

#1,557 ·
I love the look of these! They look very similar to the Rosarios, but they're 19" so they should be more practical. Do you have any close up pics? Also, I noticed on the ECS Tuning site that it says these don't fit the Arteon -- did you have any issues getting these installed?

#1,625 ·
Tackled the sequential turn signals in the side mirrors today. As @TREGinginCO said, the covers will slide off.

First thing I did was push down on the tab in the picture below. Push it down far enough and it will stay at the bottom.

Once you have that tab in position, you push down on the cap and pull towards the front of the car

you can’t see the second tab, but there is one there. If you push down kinda in the middle of the cap while pulling towards the front of the car, it’ll start to move. Here are some pictures of the tabs.

Once you put the new lights in, just line everything up and push the cap back into place. It’ll snap hard into place if you have it lined up right. It’s nerve wracking I won’t lie, but once you get one off, the other will take about 5 mins. Good luck!

#864 ·
One of the reasons I went with the 2019 Arteon and not the latest:-

1) They removed the headlight washers, sorry, but its a £50k car, I dont want to be getting out and wiping clean headlights all the time.

2) They ruined the interior with absolutely STUPID swipe temperature controls finished in glossy black, one swipe, and its greasy and smeared. Nice. Nothing will ever beat a dial temperature control.. ever.

3) They ruined the ambient lighting, instead of a nice subtle single strip, they changed this on the doors so its now a thick, cheap, looking shiny panel, with the sort of see through pattern found on 80's sunroofs.

4) The touch steering controls... just no.

New Arteon was ruined for me, the only things I like are the 320ps R-version, and the really nice all in one R Sports seats. Everything else, a big no from me.

Cars always start out the best, then the manufacturer finds a way to cheapen them, use lower quality materials, cut costs etc, so the original one ends up being best.

I found this out when ordering a new boot carpet, the original one was a very deep black and matched the inside perfectly, the genuine new replacement, was basically grey in comparison, and did not match at all. This would have been supplier cutting costs/quality, etc, same old story. Nothing ever stays high quality for long!

Sorry VW you made the Arteons worse, please get a grip.

#892 ·
Yea, that was our thought. We keep our cars for a long time so having that over our head for all that time would suck. They said there was frame damage anyway. Gaining more features so that is a plus too. Here is a photo, repair shop said the suspension took a ton of the force and was just mangled. Trying to debate if we should get another SEL or go with premium. Power trunk is the main thing my wife would want.

#963 · (Edited)
Lurking for years. Finally decided to join.

Previous VWs - 2003 GTI 1.8t, 2004 R32, 2017 GTI 2.0t. Current VWs 2020 Arteon SE FWD 2.0t, 2021 Atlas SE V6 w/ technology (wifeys)

Picked up this Arteon two weeks ago. 2020 dealer car with 4K miles so got a killer deal. Car is immaculate inside and out. So far all I have done is tint the windows 5% all around ( have a medical exemption, thanks for your safety concerns).

Charcoal vinyl on the way to black out amber reflector are rears.

plans are to blackout all the chrome, H&R springs, Stance or Nuespeed 20" wheels in gunmetal, stage 1. Love this car so far!

#964 ·
Lurking for years. Finally decided to join.

Previous VWs - 2003 GTI 1.8t, 2004 R32, 2017 GTI 2.0t. Current VWs 2020 Arteon SE FWD 2.0t, 2021 Atlas SE V6 w/ technology (wifeys)

Picked up this Arteon two weeks ago. 2020 dealer car with 4K miles so got a killer deal. Car is immaculate inside and out. So far all I have done is tint the windows 5% all around ( have a medical exemption, thanks for your safety concerns).

Charcoal vinyl on the way to black out amber reflector are rears.

plans are to blackout all the chrome, H&R springs, Stance or Nuespeed 20" wheels in gunmetal, stage 1. Love this car so far!

I'd post a pic but I think I have to make a few posts before it will let me???

Would love to see a pic. Did you do 5% on the windshield also ? Haha

my urano grey is getting the chrome delete as we speak. Are you Color matching the body chrome or doing black ?

#970 ·
Started the chrome delete and wow what a difference. Still think the bottom front needs to be black.

The Urano Grey was very hard to match so have left the bumper and side as chrome for now but I hate the back bumper in chrome.

Any thoughts or ideas ? Has anyone managed to black out the front emblem in a nice way ?

View attachment 87898

View attachment 87899
View attachment 87900
Man that looks so much better! I would just carry that them on to the rest of the chrome pieces. That will tie it all in nicely IMO.