VWVortex.com - P0299 error code
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: P0299 error code

1. 06-29-2019 01:44 PM #1
      Recently I got a check engine light on my 2013 tiguan. After scanning it appears the code P0299 is either a bad reverter value or the turbo is on the frits. The dealer quoted $225 for the valve with part number 06h-145-710-c after looking online it appears many people are running the same part number but with a D on the end of the part number. Are these parts interchangeable throughout the model years? The D version appears to be much cheaper, but I wouldn't want to purchase something that is Incompatible once I plug in the electrical harness. Looking for opinions

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 jetta wolfsburg / honda V65
      06-30-2019 12:21 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Kowalsy View Post
      Recently I got a check engine light on my 2013 tiguan. After scanning it appears the code P0299 is either a bad reverter value or the turbo is on the frits. The dealer quoted $225 for the valve with part number 06h-145-710-c after looking online it appears many people are running the same part number but with a D on the end of the part number. Are these parts interchangeable throughout the model years? The D version appears to be much cheaper, but I wouldn't want to purchase something that is Incompatible once I plug in the electrical harness. Looking for opinions
      Yes it's compatible. And if you mean diverter. I believe D is the latest revision. C is older. You want the D. Version. I'd. Ask dealer why they want to sell you a Older part.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
      Vag-Com Red Hook NY
      I lift things up & put them down
      Drty Euro / MKV Jetta parts For Sale!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      trannies are like girls... you cant force things into em...
      if you do, bad things happen!

4. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 Grand Cherokee Overland, '09 Tiguan SE, '09 Tiguan SEL 4motion, '03 Boxster S, '82 quattro 20V
      06-30-2019 04:54 PM #3
      It is pretty easy to check the turbo, and the diverter valve is not a hard thing to swap. I would first check the actuator rod on the turbo for play. If the turbo has an issue, 90% of the problem plus that is the issue. If it is loose, you found the problem and there is no use in bothering with the diverter valve. You can find a youtube video on this from the Humble Mechanic.

If the waste gate actuator is tight, then I would try a new diverter valve. The diaphragms do tear on these and cause problems, so go with the latest part number on this, which would be the - D.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      07-01-2019 12:36 AM #4
      06h-145-710 C vs D? D has a cage on it. for what reason? don't know, but D's are more available and usually can purchased for less money

the old 06F-145-710 series which the last one was rev G are the diaphragm style prone to tearing causing a P0299 code

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/Osram CBI D3S/Neuspeed P-flo

07-02-2019 05:20 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Kowalsy View Post
      The dealer quoted $225 for the valve with part number 06h-145-710-c

You can get it A LOT cheaper:
      https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...SABEgJluPD_BwE

And installation is fairly simple/straight forward (3 allen bolts & a plug/harness)

Vehicles
      2013 Tiguan SEL 4mo
      07-04-2019 01:29 AM #6
      I had same code recently. 2013 SEL with around 83k miles. The wastegate flap was not sealing properly and apparently it couldn’t be fixed without a complete turbo replacement due to the why the wastegate is integrated. Either way it sucked, but after swap, no more problems and light has yet to return.