VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Removing fuel rail, Digifant II. what am I missing?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  farmersteve 
#1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of taking off the head on my 90 Cabriolet. I'm down to the fuel injectors and the fuel rail and for the life of me I can't seem to get the rail or the injectors out of the side of the block. I took out all the bolts I could see. There are hoses still attached but they shouldn't prevent me from pulling it out. It's very firmly in there but wiggles a little when I put a screwdriver in there and try and pry it up.

See less See more
#2 ·
Remove the 2 allens on the plastic rail that holds it to the head. Remove the 3 allens that hold the fuel pressure regulator to the side of the Throttlebody.
Remove the Fuel pressure regulator off the fuel rail.

Remove and plug the Fuel rail hose.
Remove the CLips that hold the injectors to the fuel rail.
Gently pry and rock the rail off the injectors at where you had it bolted to the head.
You will need new seals, and you can get a set of 8 usually for about 5 bucks at most auto stores.

The injectors should remain in the head, but they can come out with the rail...
23 year old seals that are still maintaining their seal... you have to rock it a wee bit as you pry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.