Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Moving to ATL area

1. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 R32, MK2 GTIi 8V, '17 Ford RAPTOR, '91 Wrangler
      07-09-2019 10:26 AM #1
      As the title states, work is bringing me to the area from Maine. My Mk4 R32 will be coming with me. Pretty excited to be so near the Dragon as I have been vacationing there with the car once a year for the last 8 years.

Was wondering what people recommend for the following.

-Looking for the a shop. Not a shop to do oil changes, but a full custom shop. The R32 is pretty close to show car status, so I need a shop that welcomes custom work and knows the VR6 motors. A shop I can build a relationship with. The R32 is my favorite of the fleet and I become a nervous wreck when shes under the knife. So I need someone I can trust her with. Eurofed is the only shop i know down there. They any good? Also looking for a interior shop and paint shop.

-Any FB groups that I should join? I'm not a teenager so I'm not looking to go to meets at Walmart. However, I do frequent car shows and Cars and Coffee events. What FB groups are good for that kinda info.

-Any info on state inspection prudent to modified cars. The Car is straight piped, has some tint, and is on air.

-How are the police with modified cars? I hear the Troopers are tough. Maine is pretty lax in this regard. Police stopped me once just to tell me he liked the car.

-Area to live. I want land, privacy, and a garage, over living in the city. Work will be in Sandy Springs, so with in an hour of there, and I would like to be near the mountains/Dragon. I will be renting for a year and then buying. Having a hard time finding place to rent that fit this description.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      07-09-2019 10:27 AM #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      1996 Jetta; 1986.5 Toyota Supra
      07-09-2019 04:00 PM #3
      Check out Southside Autowerx. Grant has a long history with VW/Audi vehicles. I had the fortune of working along side him at APR for 1.5 years. He is absolutely clinical in his approach to working on cars. The guy doesn't let just "ok" fly. He will do everything possible to make it as good as new or better.

I would trust him with any vehicle I own.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      07-09-2019 04:50 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli87 View Post
      Check out Southside Autowerx. Grant has a long history with VW/Audi vehicles. I had the fortune of working along side him at APR for 1.5 years. He is absolutely clinical in his approach to working on cars. The guy doesn't let just "ok" fly. He will do everything possible to make it as good as new or better.

I would trust him with any vehicle I own.

Great endorsement. Thanks

Vehicles
      1996 Jetta; 1986.5 Toyota Supra
      07-09-2019 05:22 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by FJ&R View Post
      Great endorsement. Thanks
      You're welcome. And welcome to the South!

As far as living situation, check out Marrietta, Kennesaw, and Alpharetta. There are some legit Cars and Coffee meets in the North Atlanta area. Lots of high end luxury and exotics come through. In my experience the crowd has been pretty cool with VWs and other tastefully modded cars.

I've seen a few super random swaps there too, including an old Mercedes C class with an LS1.

Vehicles
      2005 VW GLI
      07-10-2019 06:02 PM #6
      Superior Autohaus,

2965 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30022
      Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity. (Dr. Martin Luther King)

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. (Benjamin Franklin)
      last.fm

9. 08-15-2019 10:41 PM #7
      depends on what side of town you're moving on. I would recommend Solo Motorsports or Eurofed for all the car needs. If you are on the Northside of Atlanta car club wise you have the Durty Dubs if you're out west you have Volks Atlanta, South side South Atlanta Scarabs (my group😉&#x1f923 but other then that not many Active Groups. They all are on FB and Instagram and Durty Dubs are the most active of the 3 event wise. They are all willing to help tho so you cant go wrong and WELCOME TO THE A😎

10. 08-16-2019 11:18 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by FJ&R View Post
      As the title states, work is bringing me to the area from Maine. My Mk4 R32 will be coming with me. Pretty excited to be so near the Dragon as I have been vacationing there with the car once a year for the last 8 years.

Was wondering what people recommend for the following.

-Looking for the a shop. Not a shop to do oil changes, but a full custom shop. The R32 is pretty close to show car status, so I need a shop that welcomes custom work and knows the VR6 motors. A shop I can build a relationship with. The R32 is my favorite of the fleet and I become a nervous wreck when shes under the knife. So I need someone I can trust her with. Eurofed is the only shop i know down there. They any good? Also looking for a interior shop and paint shop.

-Any FB groups that I should join? I'm not a teenager so I'm not looking to go to meets at Walmart. However, I do frequent car shows and Cars and Coffee events. What FB groups are good for that kinda info.

-Any info on state inspection prudent to modified cars. The Car is straight piped, has some tint, and is on air.

-How are the police with modified cars? I hear the Troopers are tough. Maine is pretty lax in this regard. Police stopped me once just to tell me he liked the car.

-Area to live. I want land, privacy, and a garage, over living in the city. Work will be in Sandy Springs, so with in an hour of there, and I would like to be near the mountains/Dragon. I will be renting for a year and then buying. Having a hard time finding place to rent that fit this description.

Thanks in advance.
      I second the endorsement of Solo Motorsports, they arent just mechanics over there. Everyone that I have met in that shop is a true enthusiast and really cares about the cars and the customers. They have three or four locations but the Norcross location is where I go. Talk to JJ the guy up front, he will take care of you.
      Last edited by Drunknpanda3; 08-16-2019 at 11:22 AM.