VWVortex.com - Woops. Acura left images and information for the new 2020 MDX and TLX in the RDX head unit software.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 124

    Thread: Woops. Acura left images and information for the new 2020 MDX and TLX in the RDX head unit software.

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2015
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      1,041
      Vehicles
      2017 A4 Limousine, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      07-12-2019 10:11 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Plether also do not 'breath' like a real leather skin. Which can be a real sizzler (literally) in South Texas heat.

      Accord can be had with luxurious leather seating at $27K. I may even dare say about nice as my $52K BMW.


      I think the current Accord looks so much better than current TLX.
      I'm not just referring to synthetic leather options but also the newer premium textile seating surfaces offered by the likes of Volvo and Land Rover, among others. Things are changing. I do sympathize with the South Texas thing...at least you have HEB.

      I disagree across the board on the Accord comments. The big back seats make it a nice Uber ride, I'll give it that

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      31,595
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      07-12-2019 10:42 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Metalitubby why are you so quiet?
      Because we have other American Honda associates that frequent this forum.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    4. 07-12-2019 10:52 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      They don’t export these from North America right? Why spend a **** load of money overhauling a pretty good sedan in a shrinking North American sedan market, retooling the Maryville plant, when they can just update the engine and interior and get it about 90% competitive?
      The TLX rear end is not competitve a new camry looks just as premium

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      4,683
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      07-12-2019 10:58 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by sandwich-chris View Post
      No one is buying sedans anymore because they're useless.
      I had to come back to this to speak to the absurdity of this hot take. Hatchbacks are nice and def my preference but I'd wager the most people do with their trunks is carry groceries. For all your fanfare of hatchbacks they're hardly setting the world on fire saleswise in the US.

    6. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      2,228
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      07-12-2019 10:58 AM #55


      This image shows (they even highlighted it) my massive problem with the MDX, the tiny fcking driver's (and front passenger's) door. On a pretty big car. It's a squeeze to get in and out every time. Why is the door so small? And why is the door on my wife's RDX considerably BIGGER? Stupid, Acura, stupid.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2004
      Location
      Denver/Frankfurt
      Posts
      2,432
      07-12-2019 11:00 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      The TLX rear end is not competitve a new camry looks just as premium
      A new Camry XSE V6 with Drivers Assist is 38k, isn't it a TLX competitor at that point?

      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      This image shows (they even highlighted it) my massive problem with the MDX, the tiny fcking driver's (and front passenger's) door. On a pretty big car. It's a squeeze to get in and out every time. Why is the door so small? And why is the door on my wife's RDX considerably BIGGER? Stupid, Acura, stupid.
      It has the power steering wheel that moves it out of the way, what do you have to squeeze past?
      19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT JCW Tuning Kit
      18 BMW X3 M40i
      17 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription P*

    8. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      2,228
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      07-12-2019 11:06 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      It has the power steering wheel that moves it out of the way, what do you have to squeeze past?
      The B pillar. It's a small opening to a bigger space. I'm a bigger American, granted, but I get in and out of the RDX and my Jeep just fine. That's a small door opening on the MDX. I've had one as a loaner plenty of times, I notice it every time I drive it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    9. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital of US
      Posts
      15,465
      Vehicles
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      07-12-2019 11:17 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      The big back seats make it a nice Uber ride, I'll give it that
      I agree with you on that.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    10. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      31,595
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      07-12-2019 11:48 AM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      Why is the door so small? And why is the door on my wife's RDX considerably BIGGER? Stupid, Acura, stupid.
      When designing cars, the maintenance and repair steps need to be taken into consideration. In this case, one of the doors has to be much larger to accommodate headliner removal. Once the exterior designers do their thing, they finally talk to the interior designers and one of the things should support the other. Not many people see it as a concern, but I'll let one of our resident Acura interior engineers answer this if he ends up reading this thread.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    11. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      2,228
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      07-12-2019 11:52 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      When designing cars, the maintenance and repair steps need to be taken into consideration. In this case, one of the doors has to be much larger to accommodate headliner removal. Once the exterior designers do their thing, they finally talk to the interior designers and one of the things should support the other. Not many people see it as a concern, but I'll let one of our resident Acura interior engineers answer this if he ends up reading this thread.
      You're much more of an expert than me so I'm inclined to believe you, but from a layman's perspective:

      1. Why can't it go out the back hatch? Or even the front with windshield removed

      2. Why did they make the back door the massive one?

      ALso, not for nothing, the headliner wouldn't need to be so big if they'd FINALLY put a freakin' pano sunroof in the thing!!!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    12. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      31,595
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      07-12-2019 12:03 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      1. Why can't it go out the back hatch? Or even the front with windshield removed
      The hatch on most newer SUVs and hatchbacks is much narrower than the front which would require "taco'ing" the headliner which ruins it (ask me how I know). The windshield removed? Sure that's possible, but not cost effective.

      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      2. Why did they make the back door the massive one?
      I think someone touched on it earlier, but where the B-pillar falls in the design sets the tone for the rest of the car. From that point on, you either prioritize passenger entry or design. The ultimate answer is that the shape calls for it.

      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      ALso, not for nothing, the headliner wouldn't need to be so big if they'd FINALLY put a freakin' pano sunroof in the thing!!!!!
      I'm not touching this one.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2016
      Posts
      1,820
      Vehicles
      Unreliable pregnant guppy, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      07-12-2019 02:54 PM #62
      haven't seen this particular image in the thread yet:



      Honda/Acura, if you make this with a 3.0T (or the equivalent) and gimme a low production 6MT (like I have right now!) I'll buy it.

    14. Member 50fridge's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 30th, 2011
      Posts
      2,487
      Vehicles
      2019 Hyundai Ioniq
      07-12-2019 03:28 PM #63
      Would have been a great car 7-10 years ago when luxury sedan sales were still high. With crossovers cutting into luxury sedan sales and the Model 3 cutting into traditional luxury sedans, where does that leave the TLX?

    15. 07-12-2019 03:35 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      A new Camry XSE V6 with Drivers Assist is 38k, isn't it a TLX competitor at that point?
      probably bu the 26k camry LE uber edition looks nearly the same from behind

    16. Member Yuppie Scum's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2014
      Location
      Metro Boston
      Posts
      2,961
      Vehicles
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      07-12-2019 05:14 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      probably bu the 26k camry LE uber edition looks nearly the same from behind
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      The TLX rear end is not competitve a new camry looks just as premium

    17. Member kraut_pauer79's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 27th, 2004
      Location
      Long Beach, CA
      Posts
      5,391
      Vehicles
      a Metro pass.
      07-12-2019 06:50 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      haven't seen this particular image in the thread yet:



      Honda/Acura, if you make this with a 3.0T (or the equivalent) and gimme a low production 6MT (like I have right now!) I'll buy it.

      I agree, this is the best looking sedan Honda/Acura has designed in ages. I really hope they get the dynamics just as correct.

      The MDX looks a lot better too, the current one is truly ugly and geriatric looking, at least this new one attempts to make some modern design out of a bloated brat hauler. I am seeing the Mazda connection though, and maybe even Genesis...

      Interesting to see/hear nothing of a smaller-than-RDX crossover, which they need like - right now.
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Subaru fans chalk their negative experiences up to being part of a smaller brand and character. Something about beards, lesbians, and douche-flutes.

    18. 07-12-2019 09:38 PM #67
      Maybe it's the angle but it looks like this new TLX has more overhang than the ones on the road.

    19. Member nyexx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 11th, 2014
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      1,575
      Vehicles
      2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
      07-12-2019 09:58 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      If it wasn't for the interior, I would heartily take my TLX V6 2016 back well before that horrible Accord that scares children (and customers. )



      Don't be mislead; it is the same old platform.
      Not sure if you’re referring to the TLX and 10th gen Accord being on the same platform (they’re not) or if you’re referring to the new 2021 TLX being on the old platform (it won’t be).

    20. Member BlakeV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2015
      Location
      Original join 1999
      Posts
      1,850
      Vehicles
      2019 Audi S5 Sportback
      07-12-2019 10:03 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by nyexx View Post
      Not sure if you’re referring to the TLX and 10th gen Accord being on the same platform (they’re not) or if you’re referring to the new 2021 TLX being on the old platform (it won’t be).
      How do we know this? Acura has an history of the absolute contrary...

      Possibly an 'in between', but all new - no way.

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      1,010
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R, 2017 Miata RF, 2017 Genesis G90
      07-12-2019 10:32 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      How do we know this? Acura has an history of the absolute contrary...

      Possibly an 'in between', but all new - no way.
      There is a zero percent chance that the new TLX is on the same platform as the existing TLX. For what it's worth, the RDX got its own platform--it is not shared with any Honda. Times are a changing over at Acura.

    22. Member nyexx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 11th, 2014
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      1,575
      Vehicles
      2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
      07-12-2019 10:59 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      How do we know this? Acura has an history of the absolute contrary...

      Possibly an 'in between', but all new - no way.


      It boggles my mind that you actually think a brand new Acura sedan would use a platform based on the 9th gen Accord when even the RDX, 10th gen Civic and 10th gen Accord use a new one.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2008
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      363
      07-12-2019 11:17 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by nyexx View Post


      It boggles my mind that you actually think a brand new Acura sedan would use a platform based on the 9th gen Accord when even the RDX, 10th gen Civic and 10th gen Accord use a new one.
      To be fair, the ILX has been using the same old platform since 2012.

    24. Member VeeDubDude's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 2001
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      1,393
      Vehicles
      '18 Mazda 6 GT-Reserve, '89 Honda Prelude
      07-13-2019 12:52 AM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      When designing cars, the maintenance and repair steps need to be taken into consideration. In this case, one of the doors has to be much larger to accommodate headliner removal. Once the exterior designers do their thing, they finally talk to the interior designers and one of the things should support the other. Not many people see it as a concern, but I'll let one of our resident Acura interior engineers answer this if he ends up reading this thread.
      My guess is the front door is smaller so that the rear door can be larger. Why? For better access to the third row seat.

    25. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      31,595
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      07-13-2019 12:54 AM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDude View Post
      Why? For better access to the third row seat.
      This is a natural byproduct of the design as well.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    26. 07-13-2019 07:32 AM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      This is a natural byproduct of the design as well.
      I thought Acuras were organic

    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •