VWVortex.com - Woops. Acura left images and information for the new 2020 MDX and TLX in the RDX head unit software.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Woops. Acura left images and information for the new 2020 MDX and TLX in the RDX head unit software.

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 A4 Limousine, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      07-12-2019 10:11 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Plether also do not 'breath' like a real leather skin. Which can be a real sizzler (literally) in South Texas heat.

Accord can be had with luxurious leather seating at $27K. I may even dare say about nice as my $52K BMW.

I think the current Accord looks so much better than current TLX.
      I'm not just referring to synthetic leather options but also the newer premium textile seating surfaces offered by the likes of Volvo and Land Rover, among others. Things are changing. I do sympathize with the South Texas thing...at least you have HEB.

I disagree across the board on the Accord comments. The big back seats make it a nice Uber ride, I'll give it that

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      07-12-2019 10:42 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Metalitubby why are you so quiet?
      Because we have other American Honda associates that frequent this forum.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

4. 07-12-2019 10:52 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      They don’t export these from North America right? Why spend a **** load of money overhauling a pretty good sedan in a shrinking North American sedan market, retooling the Maryville plant, when they can just update the engine and interior and get it about 90% competitive?
      The TLX rear end is not competitve a new camry looks just as premium

5. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      07-12-2019 10:58 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by sandwich-chris View Post
      No one is buying sedans anymore because they're useless.
      I had to come back to this to speak to the absurdity of this hot take. Hatchbacks are nice and def my preference but I'd wager the most people do with their trunks is carry groceries. For all your fanfare of hatchbacks they're hardly setting the world on fire saleswise in the US.

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      07-12-2019 10:58 AM #55

This image shows (they even highlighted it) my massive problem with the MDX, the tiny fcking driver's (and front passenger's) door. On a pretty big car. It's a squeeze to get in and out every time. Why is the door so small? And why is the door on my wife's RDX considerably BIGGER? Stupid, Acura, stupid.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

7. Member
      07-12-2019 11:00 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      A new Camry XSE V6 with Drivers Assist is 38k, isn't it a TLX competitor at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      This image shows (they even highlighted it) my massive problem with the MDX, the tiny fcking driver's (and front passenger's) door. On a pretty big car. It's a squeeze to get in and out every time. Why is the door so small? And why is the door on my wife's RDX considerably BIGGER? Stupid, Acura, stupid.
      It has the power steering wheel that moves it out of the way, what do you have to squeeze past?
      19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT JCW Tuning Kit
      18 BMW X3 M40i
      17 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription P*

Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      07-12-2019 11:06 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      It has the power steering wheel that moves it out of the way, what do you have to squeeze past?
      The B pillar. It's a small opening to a bigger space. I'm a bigger American, granted, but I get in and out of the RDX and my Jeep just fine. That's a small door opening on the MDX. I've had one as a loaner plenty of times, I notice it every time I drive it.
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

Vehicles
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      07-12-2019 11:17 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      The big back seats make it a nice Uber ride, I'll give it that
      I agree with you on that.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

10. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      07-12-2019 11:48 AM #59
      Why is the door so small? And why is the door on my wife's RDX considerably BIGGER? Stupid, Acura, stupid.
      When designing cars, the maintenance and repair steps need to be taken into consideration. In this case, one of the doors has to be much larger to accommodate headliner removal. Once the exterior designers do their thing, they finally talk to the interior designers and one of the things should support the other. Not many people see it as a concern, but I'll let one of our resident Acura interior engineers answer this if he ends up reading this thread.

Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      07-12-2019 11:52 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      When designing cars, the maintenance and repair steps need to be taken into consideration. In this case, one of the doors has to be much larger to accommodate headliner removal. Once the exterior designers do their thing, they finally talk to the interior designers and one of the things should support the other. Not many people see it as a concern, but I'll let one of our resident Acura interior engineers answer this if he ends up reading this thread.
      You're much more of an expert than me so I'm inclined to believe you, but from a layman's perspective:

1. Why can't it go out the back hatch? Or even the front with windshield removed

2. Why did they make the back door the massive one?

ALso, not for nothing, the headliner wouldn't need to be so big if they'd FINALLY put a freakin' pano sunroof in the thing!!!!!

12. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      07-12-2019 12:03 PM #61
      1. Why can't it go out the back hatch? Or even the front with windshield removed
      The hatch on most newer SUVs and hatchbacks is much narrower than the front which would require "taco'ing" the headliner which ruins it (ask me how I know). The windshield removed? Sure that's possible, but not cost effective.

2. Why did they make the back door the massive one?
      I think someone touched on it earlier, but where the B-pillar falls in the design sets the tone for the rest of the car. From that point on, you either prioritize passenger entry or design. The ultimate answer is that the shape calls for it.

ALso, not for nothing, the headliner wouldn't need to be so big if they'd FINALLY put a freakin' pano sunroof in the thing!!!!!
      I'm not touching this one.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      Unreliable pregnant guppy, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      07-12-2019 02:54 PM #62
      haven't seen this particular image in the thread yet:

Honda/Acura, if you make this with a 3.0T (or the equivalent) and gimme a low production 6MT (like I have right now!) I'll buy it.

Vehicles
      2019 Hyundai Ioniq
      07-12-2019 03:28 PM #63
      Would have been a great car 7-10 years ago when luxury sedan sales were still high. With crossovers cutting into luxury sedan sales and the Model 3 cutting into traditional luxury sedans, where does that leave the TLX?

15. 07-12-2019 03:35 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      A new Camry XSE V6 with Drivers Assist is 38k, isn't it a TLX competitor at that point?
      probably bu the 26k camry LE uber edition looks nearly the same from behind

Vehicles
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      07-12-2019 05:14 PM #65
      probably bu the 26k camry LE uber edition looks nearly the same from behind

Vehicles
      a Metro pass.
      07-12-2019 06:50 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      haven't seen this particular image in the thread yet:

Honda/Acura, if you make this with a 3.0T (or the equivalent) and gimme a low production 6MT (like I have right now!) I'll buy it.

I agree, this is the best looking sedan Honda/Acura has designed in ages. I really hope they get the dynamics just as correct.

The MDX looks a lot better too, the current one is truly ugly and geriatric looking, at least this new one attempts to make some modern design out of a bloated brat hauler. I am seeing the Mazda connection though, and maybe even Genesis...

Interesting to see/hear nothing of a smaller-than-RDX crossover, which they need like - right now.
      Subaru fans chalk their negative experiences up to being part of a smaller brand and character. Something about beards, lesbians, and douche-flutes.

18. 07-12-2019 09:38 PM #67
      Maybe it's the angle but it looks like this new TLX has more overhang than the ones on the road.

Vehicles
      2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
      07-12-2019 09:58 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      If it wasn't for the interior, I would heartily take my TLX V6 2016 back well before that horrible Accord that scares children (and customers. )

Don't be mislead; it is the same old platform.
      Not sure if you’re referring to the TLX and 10th gen Accord being on the same platform (they’re not) or if you’re referring to the new 2021 TLX being on the old platform (it won’t be).

Vehicles
      2019 Audi S5 Sportback
      07-12-2019 10:03 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by nyexx View Post
      Not sure if you’re referring to the TLX and 10th gen Accord being on the same platform (they’re not) or if you’re referring to the new 2021 TLX being on the old platform (it won’t be).
      How do we know this? Acura has an history of the absolute contrary...

Possibly an 'in between', but all new - no way.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R, 2017 Miata RF, 2017 Genesis G90
      07-12-2019 10:32 PM #70

There is a zero percent chance that the new TLX is on the same platform as the existing TLX. For what it's worth, the RDX got its own platform--it is not shared with any Honda. Times are a changing over at Acura.

Vehicles
      2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
      07-12-2019 10:59 PM #71

It boggles my mind that you actually think a brand new Acura sedan would use a platform based on the 9th gen Accord when even the RDX, 10th gen Civic and 10th gen Accord use a new one.

23. Member
      07-12-2019 11:17 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by nyexx View Post

It boggles my mind that you actually think a brand new Acura sedan would use a platform based on the 9th gen Accord when even the RDX, 10th gen Civic and 10th gen Accord use a new one.
      To be fair, the ILX has been using the same old platform since 2012.

Vehicles
      '18 Mazda 6 GT-Reserve, '89 Honda Prelude
      07-13-2019 12:52 AM #73
      My guess is the front door is smaller so that the rear door can be larger. Why? For better access to the third row seat.

25. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      07-13-2019 12:54 AM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDude View Post
      Why? For better access to the third row seat.
      This is a natural byproduct of the design as well.

26. 07-13-2019 07:32 AM #75
      This is a natural byproduct of the design as well.
      I thought Acuras were organic

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast