VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Vortech v9 Belt Size

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  yuriy 
#1 ·
Does anybody know the correct belt size for a vortech v9 on a 12v vr6 without P/S or A/C?

#3 ·
Well i got the belt situation figured out and figured id post what i did for anyone that might need this information. After a few measurements, the optimal belt length would be around 46 inches. This would set the charger at about the half way point in terms of adjusting tension, meaning you have room to tighten it as well as loosen it to make changing belts easier. Unfortunately, the only 7 rib belts that i could find were a 50" belt and a 44.88" belt. Absolutely nothing inbetween. The 50" belt is way too big. the 48.88" just fits and only allows you to tension it slightly, therefore its a bit harder to slip over the pulleys but still works great. I have attached a picture showing (in red) how i ran the belt. Hopefully this will help some people looking to run a vortech supercharger on a vr6 without air conditioning or power steering.

Belt used: Dayco 5070449 from a 2009-2011 Nissan Versa 1.6. 7 rib, 44.88" overall length.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.