VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS(NJ): Mk2 VR6 Show Car PARTOUT (100+ PICS)

4K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  XanderWolf 
#1 · (Edited)
*More parts/pics will be added daily so stay tuned!

Greetings all, I'm going to make this as short, clear, and concise as humanly possible. Starting with a brief background for context and understanding as to why I'm even selling my dream show car build.

Previous SN: MK3alltheway (Locked out of old email/sn)
The build that started everything.. (stopped updating when life "happened")
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5383131-My-VR-Seis-Build-Thread

$25k+ worth of parts and a car Ive dreamt about building since I was younger meets a Grade 1 lacerated kidney, dislocated right shoulder, herniated C5/C6, bulging L5 S1, sciatica down the legs, in addition to nerve pain/numbness in both hands, and constant headaches/migraines. That being said hopefully that gets to the point as to why Im selling this without all the extra emotions.

With that in mind.. Having spent 6-8 years collecting these parts, almost a year on powdercoating alone, and 2 years driving the 1997 Jetta GLX that I purchased at 63k miles and only drove for 10k miles before starting the swap.. I can assure you that Im in no rush to sell these parts. Being that cost was of no concern and more than 90% of these parts have never even made it out of the garage, I will only entertain serious respectful inquiries. I'm well aware of the time and money that went into all collecting/building all of this, and if you're reaching out, chances are you do too.

Donor car that I purchased at 63k and drove for 10k to work out the kinks& repairs before the swap/

I still have soo many parts in boxes so don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else you need. The best way to put it is that I have everything to complete this swap except for an alternator, belt, fluids, ac condenser, front rotors, and brake pads all around. So I can safely say I have 95% of a show car..

*All parts new unless specific mileage of installation is indicated*
Now onto the treasures Ive collected over the past few years for this build:

New Aero rad support
-Was $185 w/ shipping > $150 pickup only

97' OBD2 12v VR6 & 5 Spd O2A Trans both w/ 73.5k original miles (A/C compressor not included)
-Powder coated gloss black upper & lower intake manifold
-Powder coated red valve cover
-Powder coated red accessory bracket
-Powder coated red oil filter housing
-Powder coated red dipstick
-Powder coated red belt tensioner
-Powder coated red starter housing (seen rebuilt in first two engine pics)
-Powder coated red engine & trans mount brackets
(Powdercoating service was $370 only for the previously mentioned parts)
-Engine, timing cover, and trans have been primed and painted a matte black for additional protection/aesthetics.

Replaced @ Trend in Newton, NJ (9k miles)
-Autotech 10lb flywheel
-Sachs OEM + clutch
-Full OEM timing job w/ all tensioners, guides, seals, etc
-Was $1900 w/ parts

-OEM Starter (4k miles) was $190 w/ shipping
-Beru Coil pack (4k miles) was $265 w/ shipping
-Custom Coil pack relocation bracket (Freebie since I fabricated it myself)
-OEM injectors flowed and balanced within 3cc of each other (6k miles)was $165 w/ shipping @ RC Fuel Injection in CA
-NGK plugs (4k miles) was $30 w/ shipping
-Upgraded water pump w/ metal impellers (4k miles) was $60 w/ shipping
-Gruvenparts lightweight billet tensioner, water pump, & alternator pulleys were $280 w/ shipping
-42DD billet SAI plug was $25 w/ shipping
-OEM Audi R8 oil cap was $80 w/ shipping
-O2j shift tower swap was was $90 w/ shipping
-OEM 1.8t IAT sensor upgrade (6k miles) was $70 w/ shipping
-OEM coolant pipe (6k miles)
-OEM Thermostat housing (6k miles)
-OEM thermostat (6k miles)
-OEM oil cooler (6k miles)
-OEM coolant hoses (6k miles)

With all of the parts/upgrades Ive got $3,695 invested into an engine & trans with 73.5k miles, a matching cluster, and a matching title. That price obviously doesn't include the value of the engine itself, my own time for fabrication, assembly/disassembly, or anything else. That being said Im beyond confident asking for not a penny less than $2700 for a solid low mileage engine :thumbup:
-COMES WITH TITLE & ORIGINAL, MILEAGE MATCHING CLUSTER :thumbup:

Mk3 Jetta VR6 MBS 3" S.S. Headerback exhaust (k miles)
-200 cell Hi-Flo cat
-2 pre-cat o2 bungs & 1 post-cat o2 bung
Was $850 w/ shipping & welding > $550 pickup only

Oem Bosch pre cat o2 sensor (3k miles)
Was $93 w/ shipping > $75 shipped

And photographs of the scratches because again I value honesty and transparency..

Sport Edition SE-16 wheels
-few scratches but as you can see hardly even visible from 5 ft.
-5x100 7.5 et 42
-New center caps with plastic still on them
-$400 pickup only

See less See more
#3 ·
Still need to add more details about the engine, will follow up tomorrow morning :thumbup:

Also I leave for vacation in 7 days and will be gone until August 20th. Theres a SLIGHT possibility I can have a friend/family member conduct meetings though I would much rather be the one handling these parts given their value. With that in mind contact me sooner than later and ill get back to you right away. Have a great night everyone..

This post has been deleted
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.