VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Limp Mode with no codes

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  robm. 
#1 ·
Car is a 2014 Gen3 GLI, 113k miles. Full bolt-ons with stage 2 software. Had been running/performing normally until 2 weeks ago. Driving in the city and out of nowhere I had no boost or no codes or epc lights. I pulled over, turned it off and restarted it and it was back to normal. Later that night I went out for a drive to meet up with some car friends and as I accelerated in 1st i heard the turbo spool up then after that it went into limp mode again without any codes or epc light. I pulled over, shut it off and checked the main electrical connections under the hood. Started it back up and I was back in business again. It drove fine the rest of the night and weekend. Since then it's been back and forth and this week it's been in limp mode all week. I'll start it, accelerate in 1st or sometimes 2nd where I can hear the turbo spool up and as soon as I let off the throttle it drops into limp mode. I've used VCDS to scan and it's showing no codes or epc light.

I've been pulling my hair on trying to diagnose this.

So what sort of things can trigger a limp mode without any codes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.