VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS(NJ): MK2 VR6 Show Car PARTOUT (100+ PICS)

7K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  XanderWolf 
#1 · (Edited)
*Parts are removed as they're sold, so if its listed.. Its available!!

Pics of engine/trans before I began to part everything out..

Coilpack relocation bracket $75 shipped

Fully functional mk3 glass tilt sunroof with switch
$100 picked up or plus shipping

Mk3 gray 4 Door Jetta headliner
Pinhole under driver sun visor
$35 picked up

Mk2 oh sh*t handles with covers
$40 shipped

Mk3 Jetta trunk seal $35 shipped

Mk3 pass front, pass rear, and driver front door seals $35 each or $90 shipped for all 3

Mk3 inner door triangles
$30 shipped

Sai wiring harness and relay $40 shipped

mk3 black gas doors (mk2 door is gone)
$40 shipped

OEM mk2 big door driver side glass
$40 picked up or + shipping

See less See more
#5 ·
Soooo many nice parts! Good luck.

Speaking of luck... I'll take the "Estyles Stainless Steel Header (Aka S2 Metalwerks Header 12hp 15tq)"

PM me your PayPal and I'll send the payment over.

#18 ·
Hey would you still have the drivers side door latch assembly?

*Parts are removed as they're sold, so if its still up.. Its available!!

Greetings all, I'm going to make this as short, clear, and concise as humanly possible. Starting with a brief background for context and understanding as to why I'm even selling my dream show car build.

Previous SN: MK3alltheway (Locked out of old email/sn)
The build that started everything.. (stopped updating when life "happened")
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5383131-My-VR-Seis-Build-Thread

A car Ive dreamt about building since I was younger meets a Grade 1 lacerated kidney, dislocated right shoulder, herniated C5/C6, bulging L5 S1, sciatica down the legs, in addition to nerve pain/numbness in both hands, and constant headaches/migraines. That being said hopefully that gets to the point as to why Im selling this without all the extra emotions. Ive been building this car with my godfather and given my physical limitations its not something either one of us can carry out anymore.

With that in mind.. Having spent years collecting these parts, almost a year on powdercoating alone, and 2 years driving the 1997 Jetta GLX that I purchased at 63k miles and only drove for 10k miles before starting the swap.. I can assure you that Im in no rush to sell these parts. Being that cost was of no concern and more than 90% of these parts have never even made it out of the garage, I will only entertain serious respectful inquiries. I'm well aware of the time and money that went into all collecting/building all of this, and if you're reaching out, chances are you do too.

Donor car that was purchased at 63k and drove for 10k to work out the kinks & repairs before the swap

I still have soo many parts in boxes so don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else you need. The best way to put it is that I have everything to complete this swap except for an alternator, belt, fluids, ac condenser, front rotors, and brake pads all around. So I can safely say I have 95% of a show car..

*All parts new unless specific mileage of installation is indicated*
Now onto the treasures Ive collected over the past few years for this build:

Pics of engine/trans before I began to part out the accessories..

ALL cooling related parts are brand new except for the radiator which came off of my MK3 Jetta VR6 @ 73k miles. Spal setup has only ever been out of the box to mock up the fan shroud..

Cost of parts (links below)
2 - 11” Spal Puller Fans $140
2 - Spal Relay Kits $74
1 Dakota Digital Fan Controller $115
1 Dakota Digital Rad Temp Sensor $24
1 Custom Fan Shroud $100
1 MK3 Jetta VR6 Radiator (selling radiator for $150)

The cooling system cost me $453 NOT including the VR6 radiator which I already had

I planned on running this larger VR6 radiator in my mk2 VR6 swap with the Passat lower rad setup and it all fit beautifully with plenty of room. Unfortunately after a bad car accident I’ve been parting every thing out and will no longer be needing this setup.
I will sell the the radiator separately but prefer to sell everything else as a package since it’s plug and play for any setup with the Dakota digital controller.

The reason I chose this controller was because you have full adjustability over the cooling system. Hi/lo speed temp cut off, after run, a/c, you name it this fan controller does it all. This is a really affordable way to upgrade and or replace the stock fan controller module and cooling fans if you’re looking to free up more room in the engine bay.

Selling whole package for $500 even shipped!

Everything except the VR6 radiator for $400 shipped

VR6 radiator by itself $150 shipped

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant...PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=DD-PAC-2750

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant...=AEOS&Product_Code=DD-SEN-04-4&Category_Code=

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=30100364

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant...ore_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=FRH&Category_Code=

Brand new aftermarket fogs w/ brackets
They cost me $260 new but one of the lenses has a crack in it. Replacements can be found on eBay for $25-50. Taking into consideration the crack and that they’re still new I’m selling them for $150 shipped!

These drip rails are in amazing shape. No cracks, dry rotting, or discoloration $375 shipped

Brand new in box badgeless aero grill and metal strip, no issues with either the grill or the strip $185 shipped

mk3 mfa and cruise control stalks $80 shipped

Mk2 cruise control stalks $45 shipped

Mk3 Jetta VR6 MBS 3" S.S. Headerback exhaust (k miles)
-200 cell Hi-Flo cat
-2 pre-cat o2 bungs & 1 post-cat o2 bung
Was $850 w/ shipping & welding > $550 pickup only * Price drop $450 pickup only!!

Oem Bosch pre cat o2 sensor (3k miles)
Was $93 w/ shipping > $75 shipped

And photographs of the scratches because again I value honesty and transparency..

Sport Edition SE-16 wheels
-few scratches but as you can see hardly even visible from 5 ft.
-5x100 7.5 et 42
-New center caps with plastic still on them
-$400 pickup only

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.