VWVortex.com - Audi Smartphone Interface Retrofit – not for TT RS??
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Audi Smartphone Interface Retrofit – not for TT RS??

Vehicles
      2016 Golf R
      07-20-2019 02:02 PM #1
      Just picked up a new 2019 TT RS, without the Technology package. ($3500 seemed damn steep to me.) Anyway, have found the MMI interface a little lacking, and I miss CarPlay from my last car. I see that Audi sells the Smartphone Interface for retrofit. However, the webpage at parts.audiusa.com indicates that it's not compatible with the TT RS; only the TT (and I would presume, the TT S as well.) Does this make sense to anyone? Is there something so different about the RS's MMI or whatever that makes it incompatible?
      I'mafastcopilot

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 TT roadster
      07-20-2019 02:45 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by MKranz View Post
      Just picked up a new 2019 TT RS, without the Technology package. ($3500 seemed damn steep to me.) Anyway, have found the MMI interface a little lacking, and I miss CarPlay from my last car. I see that Audi sells the Smartphone Interface for retrofit. However, the webpage at parts.audiusa.com indicates that it's not compatible with the TT RS; only the TT (and I would presume, the TT S as well.) Does this make sense to anyone? Is there something so different about the RS's MMI or whatever that makes it incompatible?
      I've been shopping for a 2016 TT roadster and was concerned that I might eventually want the Smartphone interface which was not offered on the 2016 MY in the US so I'd have to get a 2017MY for that feature. After investigation, I found a Smartphone retrofit for the 2016 TT on the Audi GMBH site. To my knowledge, the retrofit you speak of only applies to TTs that have the Technology Package which did not include the Smartphone interface, specifically the 2016 TT and TTS with the Technology Package option. The cost is about $500. That is, a retrofit for a Mk 3 TT/TTS/TTRS without the Technology Package does not exist which is why you are not seeing it because all TTRS sold in the US with the Technology Package have the smartphone interface and thus the retrofit is not needed.

However, to be certain, call you Service Manager to investigate.
      Last edited by Vegas-RoadsTTer; 07-20-2019 at 03:31 PM.
      2017 Glacier & Admiral Blue TTR
      Prior TTRs 2001 and 04 lake silver/amber baseball, 2011 Scuba
      Active participant since 2002 and present Chairman of TT West
      ACNA Life Member

4. n00b
      Vehicles
      '19 TT RS (on order)
      07-20-2019 05:37 PM #3
      Well that kinda stinks. Is it possible to retrofit the part of the Tech package that would include nav and the smartphone interface? Not cheap, I’m sure. But possible?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. n00b
      Vehicles
      '19 TT RS (on order)
      07-22-2019 07:17 PM #4
      Good news, my sales guy tells me that Smartphone Interface is in fact able to be retrofitted. $399 + 3 hours labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk