The Car Lounge
    Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Impaired Driver Weird and Bad Behavior Thread

1. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      08-13-2019 05:35 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by kowabonga View Post
      Damn. I'm 54 and this guy looks at least 20 years older than I do. I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise if he drinks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Cannon View Post
      If one dui crash is good, then 2 within 30 minutes must be great

Relatives of the victim said Yeung suffered two broken legs and injuries to her head and back. She remains in critical condition at a local hospital.

About 30 minutes later, Burns was allegedly involved in a second crash, at the intersection of Route 347 and Route 25 in Nesconset, and was subsequently arrested.

Christina is a good kid. She comes from a loving, supportive family. We have to remember here that she’s presumed innocent and we have a lot of investigation to do,” defense attorney James Pascarella said.”

Yeah, of course she's a "good kid".

...who almost killed someone and continued driving. Two broken legs plus head and back injuries? I think the victim should've been given the $30,000 instead of her parents posting bail. (Yes, that's an assumption, but since she's 17 and has a job as a cashier that's a pretty safe assumption.)
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      15 GSW, 15 Passat Sport, 03 20th, 88 Cabby, 64 Yamaha
      08-13-2019 05:45 PM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post

...who almost killed someone and continued driving. Two broken legs plus head and back injuries? I think the victim should've been given the $30,000 instead of her parents posting bail. (Yes, that's an assumption, but since she's 17 and has a job as a cashier that's a pretty safe assumption.)
      I think they should keep DUI drivers in the lockup for 24 hours after arrest just to make sure this kind of thing can't happen. I bet it happens more regularly than we even know. I once got picked up for walking on the side of the road drunk and they wouldn't let me out until I was sober.

Why shouldn't someone driving get the same time to help make sure they don't do anything rash when they get bailed out?

4. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      08-13-2019 05:55 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by UncleJB View Post
      I think they should keep DUI drivers in the lockup for 24 hours after arrest just to make sure this kind of thing can't happen. I bet it happens more regularly than we even know. I once got picked up for walking on the side of the road drunk and they wouldn't let me out until I was sober.

Why shouldn't someone driving get the same time to help make sure they don't do anything rash when they get bailed out?
      Because $30,000.00. :/

08-13-2019 05:58 PM #154
      I think the victim should've been given the $30,000 instead of her parents posting bail.
      First off, her parents probably put up $3000 with the other 90% coming from a bail bondsman. Secondly, and more importantly, parents who can afford to drop $3k on bail for their daughter would certainly have had full car insurance. Their insurance policy will be paying the victim a lot more than $30,000.

6. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      08-13-2019 07:12 PM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      First off, her parents probably put up $3000 with the other 90% coming from a bail bondsman. Secondly, and more importantly, parents who can afford to drop $3k on bail for their daughter would certainly have had full car insurance. Their insurance policy will be paying the victim a lot more than $30,000.
      There is not enough money to cover the damage done.
      Especially if there is a permanent injury.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

08-13-2019 08:26 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      There is not enough money to cover the damage done.
      Especially if there is a permanent injury.
      I know. Ban cars. People wouldn't be able to injure 3 million Americans and kill 43,000 more if we just banned cars. How many have to die before we have effective Car Control laws?

8. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Vehicles
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      08-13-2019 08:54 PM #157

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

Vehicles
      2014 Mazda3 Sport GS - 1982 Honda CB750K
      08-13-2019 08:57 PM #158
      wasn't one of the mass shooters a "pretty good kid" too?
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/286588.png
      Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.

10. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      08-13-2019 09:38 PM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by worth_fixing View Post
      wasn't one of the mass shooters a "pretty good kid" too?
      There are good people on both sides
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Vehicles
      08-14-2019 06:11 AM #160
      Because $30,000.00. :/
      Not sure what you mean. Bail isn't a payment. You get bail money returned as long as you make your court appearances.

And they could still set bail, but just not let the person be able to be bailed out until after the 24 hour hold.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      1973 240 Z, early jetta TD
      08-14-2019 12:41 PM #161
      Meth must make you wanna create a meth

Man just out of jail attacks Ballard woman with pitchfork, court file says

. He allegedly tried to stab her multiple times. At first, she used her purse as a shield to prevent him from hitting her legs. He purportedly stabbed the purse several times, but when he failed to deliver a brutal blow to her legs, he tried to stab her in her chest and neck.

Up here, jail is just a revolving door.

driver just sitting in her car while he's stabbing her repeatedly.

Pitchfork... wow

SEATTLE - A routine trip to the local Ballard post office turned into a horrifying nightmare for a woman who was attacked in broad daylight by a pitchfork-wielding man who had just been released from jail days earlier for a previous assault, police say.

The suspect, identified as Daniel A. Kuchta, 28, is now back in jail after Good Samaritans who witnessed the pitchfork attack chased him down and held him until police arrived, court documents say.

“I saw a man trying to get into a woman’s car I could see a bit a struggle going on,” said Kris Weller, who ran to the woman’s rescue.

Police say the incident unfolded on the afternoon of August 5 when the victim returned to her parked car after visiting the post office at 5706 17th Avenue Northwest in Seattle.

The woman was seated in the car, about to leave, when the suspect ran up and repeatedly thrust a metal pitchfork head toward her, according to the case file.

The woman screamed, "Help, he's trying to kill me!" as the suspect attempted to stab her with the pitchfork in her leg, chest and neck, court documents say. The woman was able to place her purse between her body and the pitchfork, and the purse absorbed most of the impact.

Meanwhile, Kris Weller and Christopher Perry, who were both working nearby, heard the woman’s cries and dashed to help her.

“I could see them struggling and that’s when I started running after them and chased them down the block,” said Weller.

He intervened and stopping the attack on the woman. That’s when the suspect fled.

The Good Samaritans were determined not to let the suspect get away, and they eventually were able to subdue him and remove the pitchfork head from his possession, according to the court file.

“I had to call 911 while I had him on the ground, I just yelled up the road, we made sure she was okay,” said Weller.

Both men and others in the neighborhood says this is an example of how our city is failing to solve Seattle’s homeless crisis.

“I believe it’s the politicians that are failing. They have rules and things that are not working in our favor,” said Perry.

Police arrived on scene and arrested the suspect, who reportedly said he had injected methamphetamine just before the assault, court documents say.

The victim was shaken to her core but was not injured.

“Something like that should not happen,” said Perry.

Kuchta is now booked into the King County Jail, charged with two counts of second-degree assault.

His criminal history also includes a 2009 attempted murder charge in Oregon when he was a juvenile
      Last edited by Wheelstand; 08-14-2019 at 12:52 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by David Votoupal
      The car sucked in every way imaginable, that it entered the annals as one of the worst cars ever built. It was shoddily built in a plant where labour relations were atrocious. It rusted like hell, and the aluminium engine had the durability of a soggy potato chip. Few cars could have been so thoroughly bad Despite the "explosion" controversy, the Ford Pinto compared favourably to the Vega, and that's saying something.

Vehicles
      08-14-2019 12:55 PM #162
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelstand View Post
      Up here, jail is just a revolving door.

driver just sitting in her car while he's stabbing her repeatedly.

Pitchfork... wow
      Saved by her pocketbook.... Guess I won't give my wife **** anymore for carrying that massive thing with her everywhere.

Vehicles
      2018 Golf R, '96 993
      08-14-2019 01:26 PM #163
      2018 Golf R , '96 993
      past:2004 Passat 4Mo, 1.8T, stick
      '96 Audi S6, forced to sell, F. U. nh emissions
      '87 VW Quantum syncro wagon, got me into quattro,
      '85 GTI, 17 yrs , 280k miles, '75 Nova (first car)

15. Member
      Vehicles
      1999 Escalade
      08-14-2019 03:51 PM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelstand View Post
      M

2nd degree assault? Should be attempted murder

What's the matter with those people up there?

Vehicles
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      08-14-2019 04:24 PM #165
      Just had a twofer locally over the weekend.

Flees scene of collision, then flips it on the way home,

Impaired driving
      A 29-year-old Verona man faces a trio of charges after Kingston Police said he left the scene of two collisions while impaired.

On Saturday evening around 10:35 p.m., police were notified that a fail to remain collision had just occurred in the area of Princess Street and Macdonnell Street in downtown Kingston. Witnesses had observed that a red Dodge pickup truck had left the scene of the collision after colliding with a white motor vehicle.

Police were able to find the unattended vehicle in the area of Princess Street and Clergy Street. White paint transfer was visible on the front bumper and an alcoholic beverage was observed in the console, police said.

Officers visited a nearby restaurant in an effort to locate the male accused, however upon their return, the suspect vehicle had been driven away from the scene.

At about 11:20 p.m., police received information that the suspect vehicle had been involved in a second collision, on Highway 38. Witnesses had observed the accused man as he fled into the nearby woods after rolling the vehicle in the middle of the road. Police located the vehicle on its roof and a search was started for the man.

Ontario Provincial Police located and arrested the accused man at his home in Verona, and in the early morning hours on Sunday was turned over to Kingston Police, who arrested and transported him to police headquarters, where he was later released on conditions with a future court date.

The man was charged with impaired operation of conveyance, and two counts of leaving an accident scene and failing to give a name.

His driver’s licence is automatically suspended for 90 days and he would face a one-year suspension if convicted. The vehicle was seized and impounded for seven days, with the accused being responsible for all fees and fines.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      two Audis, 79 wabbit diesel, two 84 jettas/85 jetta TD
      08-15-2019 02:09 PM #166
      Saved by her pocketbook.... Guess I won't give my wife **** anymore for carrying that massive thing with her everywhere.
      No kidding .
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackohio
      Built in boost gauge in the dash. One of my friends at the time saw that turbo was on theoretical empty and asked if we needed to stop and get more turbo. I gave it gas and he was like wait, its full now. Had to quickly explain the process.
      Quote Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post
      so basically the OP has no clue about anything and just posts out of his ass?

18. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      08-15-2019 04:26 PM #167
      Not sure what you mean. Bail isn't a payment. You get bail money returned as long as you make your court appearances.

And they could still set bail, but just not let the person be able to be bailed out until after the 24 hour hold.
      Of course. Even if it's 10% cash bond that's $3,000 that has to be surrendered. Poor people simply can't do that.

I'd be totally fine with keeping them for 24 hours in cases such as this.

Vehicles
      08-15-2019 06:04 PM #168
      Of course. Even if it's 10% cash bond that's $3,000 that has to be surrendered. Poor people simply can't do that.

I'd be totally fine with keeping them for 24 hours in cases such as this.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      08-15-2019 08:17 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      08-15-2019 09:01 PM #170

Of course she's a good kid. And has a supporting family. Who had money to easily bail her out. With a defense attorney like that, I'd guess a year probation and 100 hours of community service. Unless the woman she hit ultimately dies. Break a hip or have a serious injury at that age, your clock may run out.
      Last edited by DonL; 08-15-2019 at 09:04 PM.
      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

22. Member
      Yesterday 01:00 PM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      Indeed.

Hits the house and 15 minute countdown to total destruction.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567