Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Rear License Plate Bracket/Holder

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2019 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion, 2019 Tiguan SEL Premium 4Motion
      07-25-2019 07:30 PM #1
      So my new Arteon just has the rear license plate screwed into the plastic with two screws. It works, but the front plate has an actual license plate holder. Don't know why the rear doesn't have one. My wife's Tiguan has a nice holder that is mounted to the car and then the plate mounts to it. Is there really no holder for the Arteon? Anyone using anything that works for them?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2019 Arteon SE 4 Motion, 2012 CC R Line, 1993 Corrado SLC, 1973 Ford Capri
      07-25-2019 07:35 PM #2
      Mine is exactly like yours and my 2012 CC is also the same. Doesnt the Tiguan have the plate mounted on the lift gate? That might explain the difference
      Last edited by randyvr6; 07-25-2019 at 07:39 PM.

4. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      07-25-2019 08:01 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by randyvr6 View Post
      Mine is exactly like yours and my 2012 CC is also the same. Doesnt the Tiguan have the plate mounted on the lift gate? That might explain the difference
      The Tiguan does have it on the liftgate and I hadn't thought about that.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat Wagon , 2008 Audi S5, 2000 Audi S4, 2004 Passat Wagon, 1998 Passat Wagon, Audi 5000S
      07-25-2019 10:58 PM #4
      My Arteon was supplied the same way - two self tapping screws and a frame plate sandwiched together - a really rough job.

My dealer refused to do anything better, so I contacted VWoA and asked the question. I'll try to find the chat session/email, but basically the reply was that fitting of the license plate is at the discretion of the dealer - what a load of BS really.

I challenged VWoA that by citing the part number for the rear license plate holder and reasoning that the part should come with the car and be fitted by the dealer. Unfortunately no luck - VWoA stuck to this party line.

In the end I bought a plate for a Golf and fitted that instead to make a professional looking job.

7. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      07-26-2019 10:23 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by SDArteon View Post
      My Arteon was supplied the same way - two self tapping screws and a frame plate sandwiched together - a really rough job.

My dealer refused to do anything better, so I contacted VWoA and asked the question. I'll try to find the chat session/email, but basically the reply was that fitting of the license plate is at the discretion of the dealer - what a load of BS really.

I challenged VWoA that by citing the part number for the rear license plate holder and reasoning that the part should come with the car and be fitted by the dealer. Unfortunately no luck - VWoA stuck to this party line.

In the end I bought a plate for a Golf and fitted that instead to make a professional looking job.
      I completely agree with you. I would be interested in any part numbers you have for that rear license plate holder. I looked for one specific to the Arteon but didn't have any luck in my search.

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat Wagon , 2008 Audi S5, 2000 Audi S4, 2004 Passat Wagon, 1998 Passat Wagon, Audi 5000S
      07-26-2019 10:35 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by coly8s View Post
      i completely agree with you. I would be interested in any part numbers you have for that rear license plate holder. I looked for one specific to the arteon but didn't have any luck in my search.

3G8 807 847.

from parts24.de

9. 07-26-2019 10:36 AM #7
      I had some issues with my old Audi's rear plate holder's nut stripping, my dealer install one of these universal plate holders from amazon, works like it should. Maybe someone is brave enough to try to install on of these on the Arteon and hope the existing holes will line up.

https://www.amazon.com/VPWare-Univer...gateway&sr=8-4