VWVortex.com - Strange whistle noise from CAI
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Strange whistle noise from CAI

1. 07-26-2019 12:57 PM #1
      VW eos 2.0 tfsi, BWA engine code. During preparations for stage 2+ setup, after installing ramair induction kit car started to squeeks and some strange sounds from air filter. Not imediatelly, but 20km after installation. Car started to lag, and power loss was ~10-20%. No boost leaks during pressure test, new DV revision D (same noise with GFB DV+) new PCV, no codes on vcds. I taught that after tune problem will be solved but no. Car goes better after tune, but i still hear weard sounds and it's not turbo whistle. I ordered adjustable westegate because maybe that is the problem? I read tons of text on internet but couldn't find solution. Please help

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      `07 gti K04'd
      07-27-2019 04:04 PM #2
      Well, it is not likely going to be the WG. Also, not going to be something a tune will resolve.

Weird whistle may be the seal at the MAF to intake or the connection of intake to turbo is not 100% sealed. Difficult to say without knowing your set-up. But the RamAir induction system has many connections and it could be leaking anywhere. Given it is most likely due to an intake leak...I would be looking at the fuel trim data. Look at that data and figure out if it has a leak in the intake system...smoke test it even.
      K04 PLAY...`07 GTI/GIAC K04 & DSG Tunes/AWE DV/AUTOTECH HPFP/TORQBYTE PM3/TTRS LPFP/S3 INJ's&fmic/RS4 fprv/FORGE fmTc, WGA & T-B HOSE/TECH.TUNING TB/BSH Eng.&Trans MOUNT's/NSP BOOST GAGE/AP Lite-PULLEY/NEUS. P-FLO&BOOST PIPES/13.2"BBK/BILSTEIN B8 DAMPERS/W.A.L.K./H&R SS SPRINGS+F&R ARB's/TSW 8X18 NURB's...ZOOM DIS! 2007 Volkswagen GTI : 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH

4. 07-27-2019 05:39 PM #3
      Mods are decat 3 inch downpipe and full open 3 inch custom exhaust, ramair induction kit, vis motorsport hpfp upgrade, R8 coil packs, BKR8E sparks. S3 intercooler is arriving these days and heath wrap for all intake, downpipe and intercooler hoses to reduce IAT. All logs were ok before and after tune, we had problems with boost, 1.5 bar was demand, 1.3 was reach. We tightend bolt on WG 2 circles and after that boost was ok. I will replace WG and install boost gauge to be shure. Car measures 271hp and 431nm with this whistle issue but i feel that response on throttle is not like before squeeke sounds and you can hear that air leaks from turbo. Maybe it is leak on turbo intake side because when we do pressure test and put 0.5bar into intake pipe, I heard little squeeky sound on turbo intake side. We squeezed clamps but maybe hose is bad I didn't chech that and will do first thing. Thanks for reply

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 07-28-2019 11:58 AM #4
      No leaks at turbo inlet pipes, I double checked them all, no tears and holes... I will fit new westegate these days to see if it makes any difference...

7. 08-01-2019 11:15 AM #5
      Burned exhaust manifold gasket was the problem...