VWVortex.com - FS: 2018+ Retrofit HID\LED Headlights to replace the stock halogen headlights!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: FS: 2018+ Retrofit HID\LED Headlights to replace the stock halogen headlights!

1. Member
      09-06-2020 10:45 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by rayjpep1 View Post
      Do you guys know if I can access this harness by just removing the grill and not the entire bumper?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
      You should be able to. Mine has a lot of slack. I didn’t entirely remove the bumper either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2000/Golf TDI GLS; 2015/Sportwagen TDI; 2020/Tiguan SEL
      09-08-2020 09:48 PM #152
      62110071552-DD78-BBB4-BB37-4815-9-AE7-74-A15-F24-AF7-E 62111010287-32254-D4-A-F5-EE-4940-80-F4-4-F9-B700-F88-FE

What I like:
      Wasn't too bad to install these, I only disconnected the wiring to the radar/emblem in the grill and partially removed the bumper so I would not have to disconnect the proximity sensors. I used the headlight packaging to rest the bumper while I worked. Make sure you don't jump any tabs when putting the bumper back on or you will go crazy trying to align everything!
      The headlights are very very bright and noticeably improved the rate people got out of my way in the fast lane!
      The design fits in really well with the rest of the stock trim.
      The cornering lights are a nice touch.

What I don't like:
      A couple of the threads very easily stripped so I added nylon locking nuts to sturdy them up.
      The quality of the lights could be better. I noticed specks/scratches on the internal parts of the projectors but they don't seem to affect light output.
      My credit card was charged on July 21st for these lights. They did not ship until August 25th and then arrived on September 2nd in North Carolina. This amount of time is way too long to be hanging on to my money when the item hasn't even shipped yet.

I will say that for the money I would recommend these lights and I'm very happy with the appearance and the output. These should have come with the SEL trim level at the very least.

4. Junior Member
      09-10-2020 12:46 PM #153
      Finally got these installed. Took about an hour and half and wasn’t as bad as I figured it would be. Didn’t take the bumper all the way off. Tonight I’ll try to get them adjusted and take some pics.

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MK7 R
      09-10-2020 02:59 PM #154
      Ordered them on August 31st and received them on September 9th. They look great and I'm excited to put them on. Thanks everyone for providing feedback on the install, it sounds like the way to go is to just partially remove the bumper.

Side note, when I'm holding the whole assembly in my hands and move it around slowly, it sounds like something is loose inside...both sides make the same sound. I'm hoping that's normal, because they look to be in perfect shape otherwise.
      Last edited by SpoolPls; 09-10-2020 at 03:01 PM.
      2015 Golf R DBP DSG DCC - GIAC Stage 1+ (daily)
      2018 Tiguan DBP SEL R-line (wife)
      2008 R32 CW #509 (sold)

6. Junior Member
      09-10-2020 08:28 PM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by SpoolPls View Post
      Ordered them on August 31st and received them on September 9th. They look great and I'm excited to put them on. Thanks everyone for providing feedback on the install, it sounds like the way to go is to just partially remove the bumper.

Side note, when I'm holding the whole assembly in my hands and move it around slowly, it sounds like something is loose inside...both sides make the same sound. I'm hoping that's normal, because they look to be in perfect shape otherwise.
      Mine did that as well, I believe it’s wire connectors in the back of the housing. When I took the covers off some of the wiring is just flopping around with heat shrinked connections.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2020 VW Tiguan S
      09-10-2020 09:27 PM #156
      Got mine on Tuesday, glad I waited to order, but not so long that they went back out of stock. hopefully will be installing Sunday morning.
      2020 Pyrite Silver VW Tiguan S | H&R + Revolve
      2019 Pyrite SIlver VW Jetta S
      2017 Graphite Blue Porsche 718 Cayman | Techart + HRE + AWE + Soul + Numeric

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MK7 R
      09-11-2020 12:41 PM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by patriot3g View Post
      Mine did that as well, I believe it’s wire connectors in the back of the housing. When I took the covers off some of the wiring is just flopping around with heat shrinked connections.

Thanks for making me feel better! I didn't open them, but was tempted to.

Install was a breeze (sorry, she needs a wash). Leaving the bottom of the bumper secured made things quick and easy with just one person. As mentioned above, I used some of the packing material from the new lights (foam in my case, as the R-line bumper sits a bit lower) under the bumper to help support it.

Last edited by SpoolPls; 09-11-2020 at 12:43 PM.
      2015 Golf R DBP DSG DCC - GIAC Stage 1+ (daily)
      2018 Tiguan DBP SEL R-line (wife)
      2008 R32 CW #509 (sold)

9. Member
      09-11-2020 12:47 PM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by SpoolPls View Post
      Thanks for making me feel better! I didn't open them, but was tempted to.

Install was a breeze (sorry, she needs a wash). Leaving the bottom of the bumper secured made things quick and easy with just one person. As mentioned above, I used some of the packing material from the new lights (foam in my case, as the R-line bumper sits a bit lower) under the bumper to help support it.

Yeah. I really don’t see why anyone would remove the whole thing. I didn’t wanna mess with the parking sensors. Just doing it the easy way, I didn’t even have to disconnect the front assist from the VW symbol. I have like a foot of slack, so it just rested nicely on the foam packing.

Vehicles
      2018 Tiguan
      09-12-2020 01:39 PM #159
      To those who got the new LED setup lights, how do they compare with the previous HID setup??

Any noticeable differences??

Thank you all,

Cheers

11. Junior Member
      09-14-2020 08:59 PM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by mattchow View Post
      so which knob adjusts the low beam higher? seems like the two easier accessible adjustments dont do anything lol.
      This had me confused too...horizontal to me is up and down...the “vertical” adjuster does the up and down.

It’s the white adjuster near the top of the low beam, takes a 5mm or 6mm socket. They go up and down fast. Left and right takes about 1500000 turns lol

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2020 VW Tiguan S
      09-14-2020 10:01 PM #161
      This had me confused too...horizontal to me is up and down...the “vertical” adjuster does the up and down.

It’s the white adjuster near the top of the low beam, takes a 5mm or 6mm socket. They go up and down fast. Left and right takes about 1500000 turns lol

lol, you replied before I actually read a page back for instructions!

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2020 VW Tiguan S
      09-14-2020 11:45 PM #162
      Quote Originally Posted by Jadams871 View Post
      This is ridiculous. I scrapped the DeautoKey LED’s because the beam pattern sucked, but this worse
      I got the driver side where I want it, but the passenger side doesn’t move.

did you ever get this resolved? my passenger side light doesn't seem to want to adjust higher any more. I haven't taken off the rear cover to see if anything is disconnected though. the beam seems to adjust lower, but I seem to have maxed out the higher setting and it isn't higher than your photo.

for reference, my driver side adjusts really easily higher and lower.

14. Member
      09-15-2020 12:10 AM #163
      did you ever get this resolved? my passenger side light doesn't seem to want to adjust higher any more. I haven't taken off the rear cover to see if anything is disconnected though. the beam seems to adjust lower, but I seem to have maxed out the higher setting and it isn't higher than your photo.

for reference, my driver side adjusts really easily higher and lower.
      I did. It was damaged in shipping and Ed from BEC is sending me a new light as soon as they’re back in stock. I opened up the back and the adjuster is disconnected. It’s just a ball/socket type thing.

15. Junior Member
      09-15-2020 12:11 AM #164
      I did. It was damaged in shipping and Ed from BEC is sending me a new light as soon as they’re back in stock. I opened up the back and the adjuster is disconnected. It’s just a ball/socket type thing.

Sucks it’s not a drivers side light, I just sent him one. Lol.

16. Member
      09-15-2020 12:40 AM #165
      Sucks it’s not a drivers side light, I just sent him one. Lol.

I know, I have to wait until the end of the month now. They look so much better than stock.

17. Junior Member
      09-15-2020 07:11 AM #166

Low beam vertical adjuster (white knob) can be moved up and down with a phillips screw driver. There's an opening on top of the white adjuster that you can put the screw driver in. No need for socket.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2020 VW Tiguan S
      09-15-2020 03:48 PM #167

so even with the ball securely in the socket, the light didn't adjust?

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2020 VW Tiguan S
      09-15-2020 03:49 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by robbery85 View Post
      Low beam vertical adjuster (white knob) can be moved up and down with a phillips screw driver. There's an opening on top of the white adjuster that you can put the screw driver in. No need for socket.
      I wouldn't jam a screw driver in the top of the opening on these headlights. im assuming you're speaking about the stock lights, in which case you're 100% correct.

20. Junior Member
      09-16-2020 02:17 PM #169
      I wouldn't jam a screw driver in the top of the opening on these headlights. im assuming you're speaking about the stock lights, in which case you're 100% correct.
      Nope, I'm talking about the BECs. Pretty sure that's how you're suppose to adjust them vertically. Requiring a socket wrench seems overkill. In any case, it worked for me.

Go to 6:00
      https://youtu.be/OIow5YgdRro

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      09-17-2020 05:22 PM #170
      Sept 17th Update

We had a very hard time to get more lights in from our supplier for October. Logistics is pretty challenging right now, its basically get what we can, not what we want...

We are planning to have more here for November. So stay tuned.

22. Member
      09-19-2020 08:27 PM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by dresdent View Post
      I have these installed now and notice every little bump I see the lights "bounce" the internal housing isn't secured in place. Is this normal? Also check out my light pattern, should I adjust this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      Mine do too. It’s almost annoying how much the one bounces. I tightened the sh$t out of them and they still bounce. I have no idea what the fix is.

23. Semi-n00b
      09-20-2020 02:10 AM #172
      I have these installed now and notice every little bump I see the lights "bounce" the internal housing isn't secured in place. Is this normal? Also check out my light pattern, should I adjust this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      Mine do too. It’s almost annoying how much the one bounces. I tightened the sh$t out of them and they still bounce. I have no idea what the fix is.

If you reach in the headlight you can wiggle the headlight, that's what's causing the bounce. To fix it on mine I put in a large piece of foam that holds it in place. Putting the foam in between the back of the bulb socket and the cap

24. Member
      09-20-2020 06:05 PM #173
      If you reach in the headlight you can wiggle the headlight, that's what's causing the bounce. To fix it on mine I put in a large piece of foam that holds it in place. Putting the foam in between the back of the bulb socket and the cap
      I may try that. Your foam hasnt made the lights overheat at all, has it? That would be my only concern.

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2020 Tiguan, 2017 C43
      10-20-2020 12:42 AM #174
      Leveling. So we’ve got horizontal and vertical adjusters using a 7mm socket.
      I can turn it a million times without any movement. What am I doing wrong? My headlights are too low. TIA

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      Today 01:08 PM #175

If it is really bouncy, remove the low beam cover, and feel if the whole projector is loose or not, let me know if it is. If it was damaged in shipping, we can try and warranty it.

Thanks,

Ed

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast