VWVortex.com - Reputable State Side DSG Mechatronic /ReMan Mechatronic service/vendors?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Reputable State Side DSG Mechatronic /ReMan Mechatronic service/vendors?

Vehicles
      90 Corrado, 97 Passat TDI, 10 CC 3.6 4MO
      08-05-2019 01:28 PM #1
      Picked up an 06 DSG GTi for my kid. Has and abrupt take off and slow down bucking issue and can be felt in the low gears. PO was forthcoming and his Tex posts reflect this issue going on for several years. Said in colder months it goes away.

There are no transmission codes present. No limp mode ever noted.
      I reset the DSG adaptation with no change

I previously owned an 06 GLI with DSG so I am somewhat familiar with the transmission characteristics.

I have been researching possible causes/solutions.

DMF
      Clutch pack
      Mechatronic.

A new mech for the car is about $1200 from DAP.
      A new DMF and or stock clutch packs are available from several of the Tex Vendors as well

Research so far has found several overseas re-manufacturer's for the mechs
      Can't seem to find any USA counterparts.

Not sure that I would go the DIY rebuild from an Ebay.

Without definitive codes in the TCM, I hate to just pour money at the problem in hopes that it will fix it.

Are there any good US suppliers/service companies out there?

Thoughts?
      "I may look like I am doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm quite busy!"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      08-12-2019 09:14 PM #2
      From your description, I'll guess it's either the clutch or the mechatronic solenoids/PCB.

Have you tried a fluid change? Too much fluid could cause foaming, which when hot, would prevent the proper pressure being applied to the clutch/solenoids. That would be your best-case scenario.

I've always been on the lookup for a rebuild vendor with good reputation, but unfortunately, I haven't found anybody stateside. My guess is that the mechatronics are so expensive and there's so much that can go wrong during removal/installation/refurbish, nobody wants to sell something with a warranty. Early mechatronics aren't very reliable and even if the rebuilder fixes one thing and sells it as "refurbished", other components would probably fail soon after.

The two clutch packs are responsible for 1-3-5 and 2-4-6 shifts. So if they shift OK on higher gears, my guess would be the mechatronics. I would start with the mechatronics (new) and do the installation myself.

Vehicles
      90 Corrado, 97 Passat TDI, 10 CC 3.6 4MO
      08-13-2019 09:42 AM #3
      I have been chatting with George from http://www.evosoft.dk/DSGRepair.html

His last suggestion was to "make a log and check the pressure of the K1 clutch valve when driving to see how much pressure you have on 1st gear at low speed.... might be a sticky valve also"

I had planned to do that this past weekend, but I was chasing other issues that seam to keep popping up when I fix one thing.

I have brakes to do this weekend weather permitting. So I will try to figure out what I need to log and then go for a test drive.
      "I may look like I am doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm quite busy!"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      08-13-2019 10:16 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by 90 GT-G60 View Post
      I have been chatting with George from http://www.evosoft.dk/DSGRepair.html

His last suggestion was to "make a log and check the pressure of the K1 clutch valve when driving to see how much pressure you have on 1st gear at low speed.... might be a sticky valve also"

I had planned to do that this past weekend, but I was chasing other issues that seam to keep popping up when I fix one thing.

I have brakes to do this weekend weather permitting. So I will try to figure out what I need to log and then go for a test drive.
      George seems to be very knowledgeable about these transmissions. I would definitely follow his advice. Keep us updated so we can all learn together.