Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Repair manual for my EOS

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      Gen 2 Prius, Coachmen Motor Home, VW Eos, Yamaha Vino 125
      08-05-2019 05:09 PM #1
      I checked with the major sellers (AZ, O'r, and DAP) for after-market repair manuals, and no one has an EOS specific manual...does anyone have a link for a .pdf download or other source? I could buy a manual for a different car that has the same motor, but would rather have something that covers my model.
      Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 08-09-2019 12:21 PM #2
      Following....

4. n00b
      Vehicles
      08-15-2019 09:04 PM #3
      OK, I bought a Haynes 2006-2011 Jetta, Rabbit, GTI & Golf manual from the Zone. Then I subscribed to AllData diy.com. I just finished downloading and printing to PDF what I think I might need to supplement the Haynes Manual, unique to the Eos, and burned a disk in case I need the information after my subscription expires.

Now I'm all set, but "up"set to discover the engine and transmission is meant to be removed from the bottom. As I do not have a lift for the car, and hesitate to remove the steering gear, I anticipate disassembling the engine as far as possible in the car, then trying to separate the engine and transmission and lift the block out. It is interesting that the factory manual from AllData describes guide pins that are used to pull the radiator support and all it's components, including headlights, forward to a service position, as this will give me more room to work. Ebay has the pins.

As I have a number of important projects underway, this rebuild will take a back burner for a while, but I will be back and posting when there is something to say.

Since I am 74, and don't fully expect to live to 148, acquiring a red convertible cannot be called a mid-life crisis, so I will be satisfied with calling it a "second childhood" !

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Golf GTI
      08-19-2019 01:01 PM #4
      Just take the front of car off. Unbolt sub frame mounts and axles. Wheel motor trans and axles out as 1 whole unit.

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      08-19-2019 10:02 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by jszucs View Post
      Just take the front of car off. Unbolt sub frame mounts and axles. Wheel motor trans and axles out as 1 whole unit.
      Thank you, I knew there must be a way.