VWVortex.com - Adding Fog Lights to 17 SE
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Adding Fog Lights to 17 SE

1. 08-10-2019 03:34 PM #1
      I am looking to add fog lights to my 17 SE. The kits aren't a bad price on ecstunning.com, but I need to also change the light switcher. Does anyone know where I can find good directions on how to connect the new fog lights to the new switch? Has anyone else done this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 08-10-2019 03:38 PM #2
      Most kits come with directions. There is a trigger wire that goes to the light switch. It’s pretty straight forward though. If you need help, a lot of us can help you. Also, at the bottom of the ecstuning page where they have the fogs, they usually put directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 08-10-2019 03:45 PM #3
      That's what I'm looking for insight on, how to connect the included trigger/switch to an upgraded light switch. I don't think it will be difficult, but I want to gauge what I will need to do before I actually tackle it.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 08-10-2019 03:48 PM #4
      You will need some torx bits, a screwdriver, and a few sockets to remove the battery. It took me by myself like 4 hours to do it, but I also did my TCS button as well.

7. 08-10-2019 08:35 PM #5
      Looks great! That's exactly what I want to do. Did you actually have to remove the bumper, or is it just easier with the bumper removed?

8. 08-10-2019 08:36 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by masterofmayhem View Post
      Looks great! That's exactly what I want to do. Did you actually have to remove the bumper, or is it just easier with the bumper removed?

You have to remove the bumper. It’s not bad. It’s like 20+ screws, and then it comes off fairly easy.

9. 08-11-2019 09:01 AM #7
      Did your bumper have the fog light mounting already installed?

10. 08-11-2019 09:05 AM #8
      No, the kit I bought came with the brackets. I read some people who zip tied them into place, but when I was doing the install, I’m not exactly sure how they did it.

11. 08-11-2019 09:17 AM #9
      Which kit did you use that included the brackets?

12. 08-11-2019 09:20 AM #10
      Which kit did you use that included the brackets?

It was an eBay kit. I was just looking for it, but no one has it anymore. I bought the kit and it came with the lights, brackets, covers, harness, and some cheap switch which I didn’t use. I just bought a trigger wire and spliced it with the harness’ trigger wire and hooked it up to a new light switch I bought.

13. 08-11-2019 09:21 AM #11

That’s the kit I bought.

14. 08-11-2019 10:01 AM #12
      You don't know the model number on these, do you? I want to see if I can match them up from other distributors.

15. 08-11-2019 10:03 AM #13
      You don't know the model number on these, do you? I want to see if I can match them up from other distributors.

I don’t, sorry. I’ve been looking on eBay to see if I can find another set for you, but have come up with no luck.

16. 08-11-2019 10:08 AM #14
      How similar was it to what ecstuning sells? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-spyder-p...-vj2015-c~spy/

17. 08-11-2019 10:09 AM #15
      Similar, just doesn’t have the brackets.

18. 08-14-2019 07:34 AM #16
      Do you have a set of directions you used to wire these up? I saw somewhere that pin 5 was the pin for the fog lights, but I wasn't sure if it was the 17 in the video. How were the other two wires connected (red to red obviously, but is there a specific location to connect it for the right power?)