The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I Crazy? Golf R vs. Veloster N

1. Member
      Vehicles
      REALLY gave up and bought an Outback
      08-13-2019 01:24 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by YukonCornelius View Post
      I'm not sure what a "SRS" car is? Serious? If so, one more comment that while the CTR looks wild - the way it drives when being docile is nothing like its looks. It's VERY street friendly; more so than the veloster n. Quiet, easy clutch feel/modulation, very refined powerband. On the flipside, the capability is just incredible. Every driver input is spot on, steering, brakes, etc, with IMMENSE (scary) grip and corner exit speed. I think the car in my sonic gray looks quite awesome. You get over the looks quickly, and start to appreciate how much it draws your eye and all the little details keep your focus. The Civic Type R would be talked about much more if they weren't so difficult for people to test drive (you either have to buy one, or drive a used one). It is something truly special that honda should be applauded for. All the "looks" haters haven't driven one.

Even with all that, I don't want to daily drive it (and I'm not tracking it, and it seems stupid to sit in the garage), which is why I'm going to be trading it in. I don't want to hijack this thread, I'll leave it at this: I"m just a "specialized car" degenerate that needs to finally understand/accept where "specialized" cars really fall on my hobbies list. Maybe I'll create a thread one day soon so people can make fun of me lol, or ask questions.
      I didn't know you had a Type R in the garage along with the GX..! That's my dream two car lineup, looks aside.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      08-14-2019 11:15 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by s55b30 View Post
      With PP, I have found few temptations to modify the car as the LSD / adjustable dampers / valved exhaust are very good out of the box. For me, a rear motor mount and downsizing the heavy 19s (roughly 30 lbs/ea.) are all I have wanted to do at this point.

JB4 is gaining traction in the community, and I have a hard time believing with intake / upgraded cooler / tune I could reasonably want any more out of this car.

Yeah, wheels will be one of the first things I do, if I get the car. (I'm probably getting the car)

I've looked at firmer mounts, definitely considering JB4 since Hyundai has a flash counter, and the forge IC since I live in Texas. Will swap out pads and fluid before the first autocross.
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      This place is going to hell on a Thule roof rack.

Vehicles
      Skyline GTS-T type M, 17 Focus ST2, Mazdaspeed Miata,
      08-14-2019 11:30 AM #53
      For my money it's either Type R or R:. If I can afford neither, GTI.
      I gave up dailing old and rare cars and became a normie.
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Gear Patrol, which has as much cred as Paw Patrol
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

Vehicles
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      09-08-2019 05:17 PM #54
      So I drove the Golf R, one more time, this time a 2015 and while it's a great car it didn't feel like the car for me at this point in my life. It's a little too GT for me right now.

I had decided on a VN with performance pack that was only 40 miles away, the next closest being 200 miles away, with the intent on buying next weekend but it was sold on Friday. While browsing autotrader for a VN w/ Performance Pack (they're hard to find!) I came across a "used" listing for a 2019 VN with PP and it only had 49 miles and was listed lower than even some used ones. I called and I had to know what the story was -- while taking the car off the truck the front bumper got ripped off.

After working numbers with them, I drove down (4hrs!) to Humble, TX and checked the car out. I had them put it on a lift and alignment rack for me to make sure it wasn't more than just cosmetic, no matter how much they tried to reassure me I needed to see myself. Since everything checked out, I bought it!

Pics from this morning after a bath and quick detail, I plan on getting a full detail, protective film, and ceramic coat.

Crappy instagram pic from the drive home:

By the end of the week I will have tint on it, hoping by next week to have the detail done. Then it's on to wheels, brake pads and fluid, and I'll be off to autox/hpde -- as I get more comfortable with the car I'll add more fun bits but for now I just plan on enjoying it.

Reviewers weren't joking that the performance pack is a must, it's a huge step up from the base car and that LSD is sublime. Pulls out of corners almost like an AWD car, it's kind of crazy and awesome at the same time.

6. 09-08-2019 05:21 PM #55
      Congrats! You got the best color and the PP too, awesome. What wheels are you looking at getting for it?

7. 09-08-2019 05:23 PM #56
      VN is definitely the performance bargain of the year.

I still bought a 2019 Rabbit. I'm 50, so I value a bit of refinement and practicality in a more subdued package.

I also autocross, and the GTI is competitive in GS. The VN is not competitive in DS. Neither is the R, so there's that. Type R dominated DS this year, but I can't drive that ugly monstrosity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      09-08-2019 05:40 PM #57
      Congrats! You got the best color and the PP too, awesome. What wheels are you looking at getting for it?
      I'm not sure, definitely something more lightweight and in 18" that's a good bang for the buck since they will only be used for fun days.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_arrow12! View Post
      VN is definitely the performance bargain of the year.

I still bought a 2019 Rabbit. I'm 50, so I value a bit of refinement and practicality in a more subdued package.

I also autocross, and the GTI is competitive in GS. The VN is not competitive in DS. Neither is the R, so there's that. Type R dominated DS this year, but I can't drive that ugly monstrosity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Yeah, I know the Type R was dominating but no matter how good the drive was (even after I finally got a dealer to let me drive one) I just can't get past the looks or that it's (too me) not that much more of a car for a, at minimum, $6k premium. What I paid for this VN it would have been a $10k premium for a Type R, I can make up the difference in power and grip with $10k in mods and have a prettier (imo) car.

Vehicles
      A Korean commuter box
      09-08-2019 07:43 PM #58
      Checking back in, happy to see you grabbed an N and even more jealous you'd chosen the blue. TBH, it was my color of choice but I had a Yas Marina f80 before and the color drew all sorts of attention.

I'm in the midst of a move so modifying the N has been very low on my priority list. With that said, there are some really cool things on the horizon on this platform and I'm probably going to grab this electronic damper controller, which you can read about here. Would love to pair the broader control with this module (ind. compression + rebound settings, from what I understand) with a mild spring and 18" wheel.

10. 09-09-2019 03:21 AM #59
      Think The Throttle House guys cover pretty much all the bases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr5-IGlbKDA

Personally, would have much preferred the i30N or the i30 Fastback N to the Veloster-N (better looking, nicer interior).

The 2020 Veloster-N should be getting a modified suspension set-up found in the i30 Fastback N which makes the ride more compliant around town.

There is a lighter-weight i30N in development (weight reduction due to removing certain things, carbon fiber, etc.), but no indication as of yet if an upgrade in power is part of the package (which may have to wait til the next gen i30N which should be getting the new 2.5T mill).

But better yet, will be the bespoke midship model.
      Last edited by CP1; 09-09-2019 at 03:28 AM.
      Why you wouldn’t (buy an Optima SX):

Because you have your eyes on the Frigidaire Limited Edition Camry that you saw last weekend at the neighborhood Autoplex
      - LeftLaneNews

Vehicles
      Skyline GTS-T type M, 17 Focus ST2, Mazdaspeed Miata,
      09-09-2019 07:43 AM #60
      Congrats on the purchase Those look great in that color.
      I gave up dailing old and rare cars and became a normie.
      Gear Patrol, which has as much cred as Paw Patrol
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

12. 09-09-2019 08:51 AM #61
      I'm in the exact same boat as the OP.

Had a MK6 GTI for 3 years and then a MK7 for another 3 years. The R has always been a realistic dream car for me but just a slightly out of reach. Now I can afford one, but after watching a few Youtube videos on the N I had to go drive it for myself. For me it's almost the perfect car out of the box. Sounds awesome, handles great, and is extremely customizable. The Golf R felt heavy/pushy in comparison. The N just handles corners neutrally and then pulls out of them just as easily. The only thing I would buy for the N is a second set of winter wheels/tires, vs at least exhaust and rear sway/end links for the Golf R.

The interior in the R is definitely better than the N, but is the interior worth ~$12k? Would much rather have cooled/ventilated seats than heated seats and neither offer those.

At the end of the day, I would have more fun driving too and from work in the N, so that’s the plan for now. Looking forward to updates from OP on his experience with the Hyundai.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      09-09-2019 09:02 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post

I had decided on a VN with performance pack that was only 40 miles away, the next closest being 200 miles away, with the intent on buying next weekend but it was sold on Friday. While browsing autotrader for a VN w/ Performance Pack (they're hard to find!) I came across a "used" listing for a 2019 VN with PP and it only had 49 miles and was listed lower than even some used ones. I called and I had to know what the story was -- while taking the car off the truck the front bumper got ripped off.
      Congrat, really sharp car that looks like a lot of fun. I saw what I'm guessing was just a Veloster Turbo (twin round exhaust tips) and thought it looks really good in person. I hope it treats you well and I'm happy you're planning to track it. Will you be getting PPF on the front when you take it for a detail?

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R DSG, 2017 Miata RF GT, 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
      09-09-2019 09:53 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by YukonCornelius View Post
      I'm not sure what a "SRS" car is? Serious? If so, one more comment that while the CTR looks wild - the way it drives when being docile is nothing like its looks. It's VERY street friendly; more so than the veloster n. Quiet, easy clutch feel/modulation, very refined powerband. On the flipside, the capability is just incredible. Every driver input is spot on, steering, brakes, etc, with IMMENSE (scary) grip and corner exit speed. I think the car in my sonic gray looks quite awesome. You get over the looks quickly, and start to appreciate how much it draws your eye and all the little details keep your focus. The Civic Type R would be talked about much more if they weren't so difficult for people to test drive (you either have to buy one, or drive a used one). It is something truly special that honda should be applauded for. All the "looks" haters haven't driven one.

Even with all that, I don't want to daily drive it (and I'm not tracking it, and it seems stupid to sit in the garage), which is why I'm going to be trading it in. I don't want to hijack this thread, I'll leave it at this: I"m just a "specialized car" degenerate that needs to finally understand/accept where "specialized" cars really fall on my hobbies list. Maybe I'll create a thread one day soon so people can make fun of me lol, or ask questions.
      Spot on synopsis of the Type-R. The level of grip it produces is ridiculous for how affordable the car is. My wife ended up vomiting on the track ride along. I almost bought a Type-R, but realized it's far too much capability for where I do most of my driving and I am better served by a luxobarge + Miata (though the Miata is going away soon...).

Back to the OP, we never find the Golf R exciting. It's quick (shockingly so with the piggyback), but it's never playful or fun. My wife likes it because it's quick, comfortable and competent, but I think you made the right decision to go with the Veloster N.
      Last edited by unhappymeal; 09-09-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Vehicles
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      09-09-2019 10:17 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by s55b30 View Post
      Checking back in, happy to see you grabbed an N and even more jealous you'd chosen the blue. TBH, it was my color of choice but I had a Yas Marina f80 before and the color drew all sorts of attention.

I'm in the midst of a move so modifying the N has been very low on my priority list. With that said, there are some really cool things on the horizon on this platform and I'm probably going to grab this electronic damper controller, which you can read about here. Would love to pair the broader control with this module (ind. compression + rebound settings, from what I understand) with a mild spring and 18" wheel.
      I've been lurking on those forums since the VN grabbed my attention and that's one of my watched threads. I'm waiting on what others have to say about it but it's one of the things I'm considering, suspension wise.

Quote Originally Posted by CP1 View Post
      Think The Throttle House guys cover pretty much all the bases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr5-IGlbKDA

Personally, would have much preferred the i30N or the i30 Fastback N to the Veloster-N (better looking, nicer interior).

The 2020 Veloster-N should be getting a modified suspension set-up found in the i30 Fastback N which makes the ride more compliant around town.

There is a lighter-weight i30N in development (weight reduction due to removing certain things, carbon fiber, etc.), but no indication as of yet if an upgrade in power is part of the package (which may have to wait til the next gen i30N which should be getting the new 2.5T mill).

But better yet, will be the bespoke midship model.
      The i30N is nice, but we don't get it. There is nothing different between a 2019 and 2020 VN other than a price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      Congrats on the purchase Those look great in that color.
      Thanks! I wanted white but they're extremely hard to come by. There was only one red VN w/ PP and ~9 blue within 500 miles of me -- slim pickins.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimatter View Post
      I'm in the exact same boat as the OP.

Had a MK6 GTI for 3 years and then a MK7 for another 3 years. The R has always been a realistic dream car for me but just a slightly out of reach. Now I can afford one, but after watching a few Youtube videos on the N I had to go drive it for myself. For me it's almost the perfect car out of the box. Sounds awesome, handles great, and is extremely customizable. The Golf R felt heavy/pushy in comparison. The N just handles corners neutrally and then pulls out of them just as easily. The only thing I would buy for the N is a second set of winter wheels/tires, vs at least exhaust and rear sway/end links for the Golf R.

The interior in the R is definitely better than the N, but is the interior worth ~$12k? Would much rather have cooled/ventilated seats than heated seats and neither offer those.

At the end of the day, I would have more fun driving too and from work in the N, so that’s the plan for now. Looking forward to updates from OP on his experience with the Hyundai.
      That's what it came down to for me as well, the VN is just a much more visceral experience and that's what I wanted.

Also, the Golf R interior is not a big enough departure from my '15 GSW SEL which makes it feel not special even though I know it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Congrat, really sharp car that looks like a lot of fun. I saw what I'm guessing was just a Veloster Turbo (twin round exhaust tips) and thought it looks really good in person. I hope it treats you well and I'm happy you're planning to track it. Will you be getting PPF on the front when you take it for a detail?
      Yeah, I plan on having them do any paint correction it needs, then PPF, then ceramic.

Quote Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
      Spot on synopsis of the Type-R. The level of grip it produces is ridiculous for how affordable the car is. My wife ended up vomiting on the track ride along. I almost bought a Type-R, but realized it's far too much capability for where I do most of my driving and I am better served by a luxobarge + Miata (though the Miata is going away soon...).

Back to the OP, we never find the Golf R exciting. It's quick (shockingly so with the piggyback), but it's never playful or fun. My wife likes it because it's quick, comfortable and competent, but I think you made the right decision to go with the Veloster N.
      The Golf R is great for cruising and going fast in a straight line, to me it felt too numb and heavy in turns.

I thought for sure I was going to be less than impressed with the VN driving on the highway but when you put the car in normal or eco modes it doesn't drive or ride any worse than our wagon, which is impressive. It's like Jekyl and Mr. Hyde between normal and N-mode -- enough of a difference that even my wife notices!

16. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      09-09-2019 11:04 AM #65
      OP congrats, let us know in 6 months how you feel about your decision or if you start regretting anything (interior quality, etc).

17. Member
      Vehicles
      Unreliable pregnant guppy, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      09-09-2019 11:27 AM #66
      Congrats! I'm in the DFW area too and had we not decided on a much cheaper alternative we probably would have gone the same way. they're such good cars. what did you end up getting it for if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking 24k for a non-PP car would be a decent deal, and no one in the metroplex had a PP for us to check out.

18. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      09-09-2019 11:53 AM #67
      You made the right choice!

By the way, Cammisa loved the VN.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1slTszg..._web_copy_link

To quote him -

Verdict Hyundai Veloster N: a full-send hot-hatch that could teach the GTI a thing or two. ⁣

Let’s be honest: Golf > Veloster in as a car. But N > GTI in the fun department. The N is way more hardcore than a Golf R, and way more fun than anything German. ⁣

The styling? You judge. I love its outspoken dorkiness with the red accents and Lambo tails. I’d like it better if it were a 4-door instead of having only 1 driver-side door. I don’t get the benefit. ⁣

Here’s the short list of things that suck: the one-note, rental-car horn is humiliating. The headlights are LEDs but the high-beams are weaksauce halogens. That’s it. ⁣

Some of the best steering weighting in the business; path accuracy is also perfection. Zero torque steer, some actual feel. Brakes feel great. Seats are comfy and supportive, great driving position. ⁣

Shifter is VW-like in its light weight and ropiness (not a bad thing) and clutch is light and positive. 2nd and 3rd gears are spaced widely (max 60 and 91 mph) leaving a gearing hole right where you need it. ⁣

The engine sounds outrageous with the exhaust open. Gunfire! Sounds great in the car, but it’s fake “intake” noise from a vibrator on the firewall. Sounds real until high rpm where it turns into a V10. ⁣

Far less lag than GTI, way better wastegate control coming off boost smoothly. Only small demerit is what feels like a lot of flywheel weight — revs slowly on a big throttle blip. Power everywhere, runs right into the limiter.⁣

Suspension goes stupidly rock-hard in its Track-Only hardest mode. It’s great in either normal or the middle mode, rarely hits the bumpstops and has fantastic body control. Massive grip in the corners; you’ll never see 1-tire-fire with this active diff. Superb composure over bumps.⁣

N-Mode button lets you call up your own personal mode, a la BMW M-cars.⁣

This is the most fun I’ve had in a new car since the Miata. It’s everything a GTI should be: it has a sense of humor, a sense of occasion, and it’s a little bit obnoxious. The Veloster is an a’ight car, but the N is a hot-hatch dynamic masterclass. I’d love to drive this every day.⁣
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      19 GLI Autobahn
      09-09-2019 11:58 AM #68
      The N will be more dynamic and enjoyable. The R will be much nicer and refined, while having better practicality and traction. That's the choice. Having made the choice towards dynamic and enjoyable in the past when deciding on cars, there comes a day when you just want nice and refined and are sick of the cheap plastics, cheap interiors, crappy stereos, and poor quality. Takes time to get there, so you gotta judge where you are.

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      09-09-2019 12:04 PM #69
      Woohooo!!!! Now, time to hoon!

Just gorgeous choice. You got exactly what I would get.
      たくさんとうふ、よ Where did all these damn Toyotas come from?
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!
      nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, kuhlBRZ

Vehicles
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      09-09-2019 01:30 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      OP congrats, let us know in 6 months how you feel about your decision or if you start regretting anything (interior quality, etc).
      Quote Originally Posted by Lawrider View Post
      The N will be more dynamic and enjoyable. The R will be much nicer and refined, while having better practicality and traction. That's the choice. Having made the choice towards dynamic and enjoyable in the past when deciding on cars, there comes a day when you just want nice and refined and are sick of the cheap plastics, cheap interiors, crappy stereos, and poor quality. Takes time to get there, so you gotta judge where you are.
      Considering that I drove Mk2 GTI/GLI's for most of my life and only got a car with a "nice" interior a few years ago, I think I'll be alright. We still have the GSW for the family/road trip car and being an optioned up SEL it's not a bad place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      Congrats! I'm in the DFW area too and had we not decided on a much cheaper alternative we probably would have gone the same way. they're such good cars. what did you end up getting it for if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking 24k for a non-PP car would be a decent deal, and no one in the metroplex had a PP for us to check out.
      I read your thread! It was crazy how hard it was to find a VN w/ PP, not sure if dealers around here just didn't get an allocation or if they sold that quickly. I ended up driving to Humble, TX to get this and it was totally worth it -- I got a sweetheart of a deal at $28K OTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      You made the right choice!

By the way, Cammisa loved the VN.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1slTszg..._web_copy_link

To quote him -
      He's not wrong, it really is an amazing drive. Sure, I'm losing out on the nice interior that VW offers but this car makes up for it in driving experience IMO.

Vehicles
      2017 GTI Sport 6MT
      09-09-2019 01:48 PM #71
      I think you made a right choice. I have GTI, which is a nice all around fun car, but it's missing that hardcore fun factor. That's why I've been thinking about STI as a replacement or add M2C. Now I'm interested VN. Should test-drive it sometime.

Vehicles
      2014 Ford Focus ST, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
      09-09-2019 01:58 PM #72
      Perfect spec. I love the color.

If someone put a gun to my head and made me replace my Focus ST right now with another hot hatch this would be on the top of the list in the exact spec you got it in.

Vehicles
      Audi S3, BMW X3, Audi e-Tron, and a Toyota Appiiance
      09-09-2019 02:10 PM #73
      Congratulations OP! I'm a Deutsch fanboi, but I always like the VN.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

25. 09-10-2019 02:39 AM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      The i30N is nice, but we don't get it. There is nothing different between a 2019 and 2020 VN other than a price increase.
      Yes, know that we don't get the i30N or the Fastback - which is why I stated that would have much preferred them (over the Veloster).

And both the i30N and Veloster N are slated to get the revised (front) suspension tune found in the Fastback.

Schemera said that the i30 N Fastback would be the first to get the enhanced ‘2019 setup’ that includes new, 7mm longer polyurethane bump stops designed to provide damping support more of the time and in a more progressive way. The i30 N hatchback will receive the same enhancements, albeit calibrated for its slightly heavier structure, later on.

“There have also been changes to the front anti-roll bar that will help to make the car feel more refined,” Schemera added. He emphasised that this would have no impact on the car’s responsive front axle, “because we know it is important for performance driving customers not to lose this quality in the car”.

So, can you feel the changes from behind the wheel? After a back-to-back drive in an i30 N hatch and the prototype Fastback, we’d have to say yes, the damping does feel more resolved. The car’s inherent composure remains and N Mode is still teeth shatteringly firm – this mode is best left for track use – but in Normal mode the Fastback prototype definitely breaks less of a sweat over Millbrook’s rough surfaces.
      https://www.pistonheads.com/news/gen...-in-2019/38545

The Australian market is about to get the new MY i30N w/ the revised tuning.

Since the Veloster N hit the market a good while after the i30N, won't see the revised suspension til the 2021MY.

That's also likely when we'll see the new 8 spd DCT; was slated for the i30N by the end of 2019, but may not see it til next year.
      Last edited by CP1; 09-10-2019 at 02:51 AM.
      Why you wouldn’t (buy an Optima SX):

Because you have your eyes on the Frigidaire Limited Edition Camry that you saw last weekend at the neighborhood Autoplex
      - LeftLaneNews

Vehicles
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      09-10-2019 01:20 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by 10minutes View Post
      I think you made a right choice. I have GTI, which is a nice all around fun car, but it's missing that hardcore fun factor. That's why I've been thinking about STI as a replacement or add M2C. Now I'm interested VN. Should test-drive it sometime.
      Exactly. The GTI/R are great cars and the best all-around performer but lack the excitement (imo) the VN has.

Quote Originally Posted by steelgatorb8 View Post
      Perfect spec. I love the color.

If someone put a gun to my head and made me replace my Focus ST right now with another hot hatch this would be on the top of the list in the exact spec you got it in.
      I wanted white if I'm being honest, but there are ~10 VN w/ PP within 500 miles of them. Nine of them are blue and one is red.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Congratulations OP! I'm a Deutsch fanboi, but I always like the VN.
      There's only been three times in my life I have owned something not VAG -- one was a "in dire straights" choice, one was a regrettable attempt to get away from VW, and now this car.

Quote Originally Posted by CP1 View Post
      Yes, know that we don't get the i30N or the Fastback - which is why I stated that would have much preferred them (over the Veloster).

And both the i30N and Veloster N are slated to get the revised (front) suspension tune found in the Fastback.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/gen...-in-2019/38545

The Australian market is about to get the new MY i30N w/ the revised tuning.

Since the Veloster N hit the market a good while after the i30N, won't see the revised suspension til the 2021MY.

That's also likely when we'll see the new 8 spd DCT; was slated for the i30N by the end of 2019, but may not see it til next year.
      I misunderstood your original post, thanks for clarifying and the info!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast