VWVortex.com - Subaru Crosstrek: Slow yet somehow the highest number of accidents
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 26 to 40 of 40

    Thread: Subaru Crosstrek: Slow yet somehow the highest number of accidents

    1. I知 not a loser. I知 a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2008
      Location
      44.5 North, 88 West
      Posts
      37,380
      Vehicles
      made in 僧urica truck and wagon
      08-13-2019 11:49 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by SWeetie View Post
      Baja owners are sons of boomers who bought Brats

      Wait, when did I miss twice?
      Strike three. You missed on Outback and Forester too, for me at least.
      this signature kills fascists.

      Support Your Local Homebrewery

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Senior Sloth SWeetie's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2011
      Location
      Oly, WA
      Posts
      2,494
      Vehicles
      '12 Ford Explorer, '02 EJ251 Outback
      08-13-2019 12:01 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Strike three. You missed on Outback and Forester too, for me at least.
      Regional demographics I'm sure are a bit different the Sube stereotypes seemed to fit more in the 2000's than now.
      <<<--Between the Evergreens-->>>
      between.the.evergreens <---my IG

    4. I知 not a loser. I知 a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2008
      Location
      44.5 North, 88 West
      Posts
      37,380
      Vehicles
      made in 僧urica truck and wagon
      08-13-2019 12:19 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by SWeetie View Post
      Regional demographics I'm sure are a bit different the Sube stereotypes seemed to fit more in the 2000's than now.
      I know, I知 just giving you ****. You can stereotype all day long but you値l be wrong often enough. Partly because there are a lot more Subaru owners than there used to be.
      this signature kills fascists.

      Support Your Local Homebrewery

    5. Senior Sloth SWeetie's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2011
      Location
      Oly, WA
      Posts
      2,494
      Vehicles
      '12 Ford Explorer, '02 EJ251 Outback
      08-13-2019 12:36 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Partly because there are a lot more Subaru owners than there used to be.
      That's exactly why I sort of back-tracked, i.e. they've become more mainstream. Back 10-15 years ago or so, the Subes around here were heavily laden with bumper stickers that basically became a rolling billboard for the person driving.
      <<<--Between the Evergreens-->>>
      between.the.evergreens <---my IG

    6. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      31,344
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      08-13-2019 12:42 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by SWeetie View Post
      Back 10-15 years ago or so, the Subes around here were heavily laden with bumper stickers that basically became a rolling billboard for the person driving.
      This has wandered across the USA and made it to our 'neck of the woods save for the grape vapor that pours out.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    7. Senior Member bzcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2001
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      23,917
      08-13-2019 12:46 PM #31
      Hypothesis #1: When safety features become primary marketing focus, you end up attracting the most inept drivers who cause a lot of accidents.

      Hypothesis #2: When safety features become primary marketing focus, parents end up buying the car for their inexperienced drivers who cause a lot of accidents.

      Incidentally, my neighbor bought a Crosstrek for his high school age daughter (I would post pic but we all go to jail) 2 years ago on account of the safety features (eyesight etc) and the car has already been in 3 serious accidents that require trips to the body shop. She is averaging one accident every 6 months or so... First one was right side swipe and the entire right side was destroyed. Second one she rear ended someone so the car got new hood and left front fender. Third one was left turn from the middle lane so she clipped the car in the left turn lane so left side doors were replaced. The only original body panel is the rear hatch at this point.
      Last edited by bzcat; 08-13-2019 at 12:49 PM.

    8. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      31,344
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      08-13-2019 12:49 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      (I would post pic but we all go to jail)
      Is it worth the jail time? Isn't that our decision?
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    9. Senior Sloth SWeetie's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2011
      Location
      Oly, WA
      Posts
      2,494
      Vehicles
      '12 Ford Explorer, '02 EJ251 Outback
      08-13-2019 01:03 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Hypothesis #1: When safety features become primary marketing focus, you end up attracting the most inept drivers who cause a lot of accidents.

      Hypothesis #2: When safety features become primary marketing focus, parents end up buying the car for their inexperienced drivers who cause a lot of accidents.

      Incidentally, my neighbor bought a Crosstrek for his high school age daughter (I would post pic but we all go to jail) 2 years ago on account of the safety features (eyesight etc) and the car has already been in 3 serious accidents that require trips to the body shop. She is averaging one accident every 6 months or so... First one was right side swipe and the entire right side was destroyed. Second one she rear ended someone so the car got new hood and left front fender. Third one was left turn from the middle lane so she clipped the car in the left turn lane so left side doors were replaced. The only original body panel is the rear hatch at this point.
      Sounds like your neighbor's daughter needs a bus pass.
      <<<--Between the Evergreens-->>>
      between.the.evergreens <---my IG

    10. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2006
      Location
      The Orange Crush
      Posts
      39,988
      Vehicles
      '18 Mazda CX-5
      08-13-2019 01:19 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Blame the drivers, not the cars.
      Lesbians are pissed right now

    11. Member DerSpiegel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 20th, 2008
      Location
      World's #5 Economy
      Posts
      3,308
      Vehicles
      2018 VW GSW 4motion - 2016 500 Abarth 5MT booty call
      08-13-2019 01:25 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      Meh, they're still better than the rideshare Prius and Corolla drivers.
      This times eleventy billion.

    12. I知 not a loser. I知 a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2008
      Location
      44.5 North, 88 West
      Posts
      37,380
      Vehicles
      made in 僧urica truck and wagon
      08-13-2019 02:50 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      Lesbians are pissed right now
      smashing.
      this signature kills fascists.

      Support Your Local Homebrewery

    13. Member B3passatBMX's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2004
      Location
      Coloradical
      Posts
      10,681
      Vehicles
      91 318iS, 03 Forester
      08-13-2019 03:04 PM #37
      I'm fairly certain that 78% of Colorado residents drive a crosstrek and most of them cant drive to save their life. Not surprised by these numbers.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      91 318is M50 Swapped
      03 Forester

    14. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      31,344
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      08-13-2019 03:27 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by B3passatBMX View Post
      I'm fairly certain that 78% of Colorado residents drive a crosstrek
      Between that and 33% Altima owners, it's no wonder mary-wanna was legalized.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    15. Feels Like the First Time DeeJoker's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2001
      Location
      People's Republic of Marylandstan
      Posts
      6,707
      Vehicles
      2013 C300 4M, 2004 TRD Tacoma
      08-13-2019 06:42 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      Lesbians are pissed right now
      When are they not?


      Our Crosstrek has seen 6 years of DC Beltway commuting, three transmissions, and 135K miles. Multiple trips to Maine and upstate NY camping and lots of dog fur and slobber. Fortunately, Ms. Joker is a decent driver and all the dings and dents are from idiots that can't figure out that parking by Braille is not an acceptable method by which to land your vehicle.

      However, the majority of the ones I see on the road are driven like crap. But they're still better than the ZipCar drivers. Those people ARE HORRIBLE.
      The above post may contain opinions, coarse language, offensive terms, spelling mistakes, and/or improper grammar. You have been warned.

    16. Member
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2012
      Location
      Craig, CO
      Posts
      1,548
      Vehicles
      84 GTI 16v x 2
      08-13-2019 07:31 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by rs4-380 View Post
      true story, during winter snowstorms up here crosstreks and impreza's are the most likely (with a high margin) to be either driving on the highway at 10 mph when traffic is moving at 40, or pulled over on the shoulder within 1 foot of the travel lane with low visibility.
      This seems to be a phenomenon effecting all snowy areas where you just have to own a subaru

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •