VWVortex.com - Location of Power Steering Fluid Reservoir
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Location of Power Steering Fluid Reservoir

1. 08-13-2019 08:10 AM #1
      Hi all,

Yesterday I encountered a problem with my Fox's power steering (a light on on the dash, wheel stiff to turn etc.), so thought to try and top up the power steering fluid to fix it. Problem is that I can't find the reservoir - had a good look around under the bonnet but can't spot it. I've tried searching online but couldn't see anything of relevance. Could anyone tell me where it is? This is an '09 plate Fox.

Apologies if something like this has been asked before but I couldn't see anything similar. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      1992 VW Fox 2-dr, 1994 Ford F-150, 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
      08-13-2019 10:23 AM #2
      Not sure how many members of this forum own the newer Foxes; we're all enthusiasts of the 1988-1993 models. Maybe this forum could be sub-divided into "old Fox" and "new Fox".

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1988 VW Fox Wagon, 1993 VW Fox 2 door(sold), 1973 Roadrunner, 1996 Bronco, '12 Sonata
      08-14-2019 06:07 AM #3
      I can't answer your question directly, but maybe getting a service manual is beneficial. Or asking for assistance on a "new" fox page, like on Facebook. Good luck!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      1990 Fox Coupe GTI, 1988 Fox wagon, 1997 Golf 4dr 1.8, 1988 Fox 4dr RIP, 1989 Fox Wolfsburg RIP
      08-15-2019 09:58 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by lk25 View Post
      Hi all,

Yesterday I encountered a problem with my Fox's power steering (a light on on the dash, wheel stiff to turn etc.), so thought to try and top up the power steering fluid to fix it. Problem is that I can't find the reservoir - had a good look around under the bonnet but can't spot it. I've tried searching online but couldn't see anything of relevance. Could anyone tell me where it is? This is an '09 plate Fox.

Apologies if something like this has been asked before but I couldn't see anything similar. Thanks in advance
      I'm not aware of anybody in this forum having a European Fox. Or a South African one. Or a Brazilian SpaceFox. Seems to just be the North American ones from 1987-1993, which are completely unrelated to your car and don't have power steering.