VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

WTB Hella ecode (or any high quality) headlight set for 1996 (B4V) Passat

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  pilotlars 
#1 ·
I want to buy a set of Hella ecode headlight set for 1996 (B4V) Passat. Not plastic, not aftermarket, in new or very very good condition. I've searched extensively and am having trouble finding any quality headlights for my B4 Passat!!
Open to any suggestions as to where I can buy a set!
Thank you!

#5 ·
These are legal in Europe and of fairly high quality and considering they are E-Code and most come with adjustment motors they are WAY better than US-spec models designed by Hella or Bosch. I’ve used them with great success on several cars. I’ve found most Americans don’t like to spend decent money on decent headlights so I didn’t offer up any of those.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

#6 ·
Thank you all for the PM's. I ended buying a set through eBay from Germany.
if you're also interested, it cost me about $200 each. As you shop , and if you're looking for the real deal, watch out for all the cheap knock-offs. Mine arrived fast, truly new in sealed foil bags. They're super nice and in my opinion the significantly improved night time visibility very worth the $$.
The HELLA part numbers are:
1AH 006 840-211 -- left
1AH 006 840-221 -- right

#7 ·
Excellent. American lights from the 80s and 90s truly sucked. I’m not able to convince people to change because they cannot conceive of how much better their visibility can be. Best excuse ever I got was: I don’t need better lights at night because I don’t drive at night. When asked why they don’t drive at night: because I can’t see.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.