Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Tompkins County NY wrecks gotta go

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta; 1985 VW Cabriolet; 1993 VW Cabriolet; 1984 VW Gti
      08-19-2019 12:43 PM #1
      Sorry to see these go, as I had plans. Family death and sale of home forces me to part with my parts cars. House is sold they have to go.

1984 VW GTI black, red interior, sun roof. Front rad support wrecked. Floor pans shot, motor not complete.

Good points: All glass intact and original, front fender wings intact, no cracks in the dash. Manual rack. 1981 Diesel FK 5 speed small clutch/bell housing transmission with 16valve clutch 800 miles on it (IIRC) but has sat since 1999.

1992 Cabriolet Collector's Classic. Accident damaged driver side inner fender wheel housing and motor mount on the lower cross member.

The good: Collector's Classic leather, power black cloth top and windows. Clipper Kit, Fender panels all good. Small dent passenger side rear tail light, There is a clip for that. All glass good, replacement aftermarket windshield. Desirable 2H Engine complete and ran last in 2002. AUG 5 speed Transmission needs rebuild.

The 1984 GTI was to get the metal work/roll cage done and have the 2H motor and JK transmission installed for SCAA racing. I am too old and no longer have the garage or place to do the build.
      A crafty person with space could have a 1984 GTI round headlight and clipper kit conversion with a chip-able 2H motor and the lightweight tall gear diesel 5 speed and an AUG spare transmission.

Bring a flatbed and cash more than scrap value. Yup, they will go to scrap.

PM me for my email.
      Thank you
      Last edited by teknikALLEN; 08-19-2019 at 01:49 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by briano1234 View Post
      I would rather do a 3 rear cables than a passenger side motor mount.
      020ld for this stuff... a clutch and 5th gear conversation with Broke VW

My MkI & Cabby WTB Wish List
      Jetta MkIV WTB Wish List

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements