VWVortex.com - Charlotte, NC?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 4 of 4

    Thread: Charlotte, NC?

    1. n00b The_Spoonerman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2019
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2019 GLI Autobahn - Tornado Red
      08-23-2019 09:08 AM #1
      Hey all,

      Recently traded in my 2014 Jetta S base model for a 2019 GLI Autobahn and am looking to get more into the car scene around here now, do some light mods, etc. Anyone else in the area have some pointers for a noob like me? Shops to recommend/avoid, places to drive, meetup groups, etc? I'd love to learn the ropes but don't really know where to start. Thanks!

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member BleedVW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2010
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      113
      Vehicles
      '05 1.8T GTI
      08-25-2019 12:40 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Spoonerman View Post
      Hey all,

      Recently traded in my 2014 Jetta S base model for a 2019 GLI Autobahn and am looking to get more into the car scene around here now, do some light mods, etc. Anyone else in the area have some pointers for a noob like me? Shops to recommend/avoid, places to drive, meetup groups, etc? I'd love to learn the ropes but don't really know where to start. Thanks!
      The euro scene seems to be pretty dead around here- at least compared to when I lived in the PNW. As far as shops, Deutsche Auto in Huntersville is great and the guys at EuroWise seem pretty good and make lots of cool builds.

    4. n00b The_Spoonerman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2019
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2019 GLI Autobahn - Tornado Red
      09-04-2019 12:27 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by BleedVW View Post
      The euro scene seems to be pretty dead around here- at least compared to when I lived in the PNW. As far as shops, Deutsche Auto in Huntersville is great and the guys at EuroWise seem pretty good and make lots of cool builds.
      Yeah I was afraid of that - seen plenty of VW's around but doesn't seem like there's much of any car scene at all, much less VW.
      2019 MK7 GLI Autobahn - Tornado Red
      APR Stage 1, DSG tune

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. Member PursuitOfCorrado's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 19th, 2014
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      442
      Vehicles
      2019 GTI Rabbit DSG, 1992 Corrado SLC
      11-06-2019 10:45 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Spoonerman View Post
      Yeah I was afraid of that - seen plenty of VW's around but doesn't seem like there's much of any car scene at all, much less VW.
      I actually beg to differ! I've only been here a few months and I've managed to meet some cool people at various meets and shows. Last night I just went out for the first time to the biweekly Friends of Chapter 11 Dubs meet at Brewers at 4001 Yancey. Great group of people with some cool cars.

      Deutsche Auto Parts is also hosting a Toys for Tots donation meet on November 23 which should be fun. A DAP meet back in July is where I first met some fellow VW enthusiasts here in Charlotte.

      It also goes without saying that you should check out Cars and Coffee Charlotte the first Saturday morning of each month. The event jams a business park with tons of cars and even more people.
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      To be fair it's kind of Toyota's fault for pandering to people who don't give a **** about cars.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •